Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've made a ridiculous amount of money off the fed printing money during covid.

I've sold off on those gains. I realize biden's gonna follow on trumps footsteps printing money but I'm worried about China saying we ain't gonna finance your ass anymore. See, that's the scary thing, China holds our financial future, not us.

It's complicated though. Kinda like mutually assured financial destruction. China needs our consumers. Our commie politicians need their financing to screw over the next 5 generations with debt to pay for instant gratification government crack and power.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Spanky,

No such thing as free... never has been, never will be. Everything comes at a cost... "closed system", ie. heat vs work, randomness vs increased organization. Not a matter of if, but when!!!

You, being mortal may not see it, but your descendants will!!! Money falling from the skies is really a cataclysmic storm front off in the distance viewed with the myopia of narcissism.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Spanky,

No such thing as free... never has been, never will be. Everything comes at a cost... "closed system", ie. heat vs work, randomness vs increased organization. Not a matter of if, but when!!!

You, being mortal may not see it, but your descendants will!!! Money falling from the skies is really a cataclysmic storm front off in the distance viewed with the myopia of narcissism.

But until then,,,,,

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember the 1987 stock market crash. I never sold anything, and stocks were back to normal in a year. It was as if it never happened to me.

I think I can just hold AMZN, GOOG, APPN, and NFLX for two years until the next election..... despite the beating I have taken since Nov 3.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Spanky,

I said, "Tax free" meaning the income represented by the PPP money is not taxed. If profitable the corporation still pays tax at yearend.

It would not sit well with shareholders if directors did not take advantage of Government programs that benefit the corporation.

I assume you take advantage of 401k accounts? And will cash your SS checks?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Seems lots of folks have never heard of HYPER-INFLATION!!

WE'RE AT LEAST DAMN NIGH FORTY F UCKING TRILLION $$$$$$$$ IN DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would matter were not the whole world being in debt.

alot of people dont get that......bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

WE'RE AT LEAST DAMN NIGH FORTY F UCKING TRILLION $$$$$$$$ IN DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would matter were not the whole world being in debt.

alot of people dont get that......bob
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've made a ridiculous amount of money off the fed printing money during covid.

I've sold off on those gains. I realize biden's gonna follow on trumps footsteps printing money but I'm worried about China saying we ain't gonna finance your ass anymore. See, that's the scary thing, China holds our financial future, not us.

China holds less than 10% of our debt.

thats not the scary answer......bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

....to say nothing of our unfunded liability

.... like tears in the rain
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

....to say nothing of our unfunded liability

It’s just paper and there’s plenty more where that came from.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The M1 will go up until there is signs of inflation. Basic treasury function. We are in a time of deflation. The education system sort of skipped that chapter in Econ class.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Most municipalities were WAY down on tax receipts last year. With the new year, bills are coming due. Biden better build more money printing presses.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Most municipalities were WAY down on tax receipts last year. With the new year, bills are coming due. Biden better build more money printing presses.

He already has.

1.9 trillion Stimulus pkg.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Over the last year, that is me in Red and that is the S&P500 in blue.

My biggest holding is AMZN and they sold a lot of stuff during the shutdown.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

You are doing good to beat the S&P. Risk?

Most of my stock market assets are in S&P and Total Market index funds and I've been happy.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

The Amazon play was brilliant, wish I had thought of it. But, once the ChiCom virus is tamed it might be time to take profits as people start going back to stores.

Amazon has been good for our business, our sales to them have been up quite a bit during the pandemic.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My little boy watched Bezos on Fox News Cavuto in 2001 and told me to buy AMZN. I only bought $2k worth at $10/ share. Now it is over $3,000/share.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

The Amazon play was brilliant, wish I had thought of it. But, once the ChiCom virus is tamed it might be time to take profits as people start going back to stores.

People have come to expect to do all their shopping from the couch. Its not going to change now. Once they get everyone acclimated, they will start by charging a small convenience fee. Once it starts its never going backwards.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Also, contrary to what the MSM would have you believe there are millions of people who are not "one paycheck from debtor's prison".
Billions have been spend this last year on recreation. RV's, boats, shooting (not just hoarding), all kinds of outdoor gear. Store shelves are empty everywhere because of record sales, not just reduced supply from China. Somebody has extra money to buy all that stuff.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
now that i am retired, i g uess i can talk about it. 4 0 years in the finance world, registered stock broker since 1981
in all those years i met a lot of people that would tell me of their financial brillance.
dang few would admit to their blowups.
its always been that way.
with so many success stories always wondered why everyone wasnt retired to their own island somewhere.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I remember the 1987 stock market crash. I never sold anything, and stocks were back to normal in a year. It was as if it never happened to me.

I think I can just hold AMZN, GOOG, APPN, and NFLX for two years until the next election..... despite the beating I have taken since Nov 3.

i had a guy come in my office the monday following the start of it on friday. he borrowed about 50k on margin, and bought a bunch of stocks.
it was so screwed up couldnt tell what he paid for them till a week later. within a year he had doubled his money
he was no financial analyst, he used to own a bar.
but he knew human nature

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/19/21.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.