Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
USPS is unreliable here and has been since we got a new postmaster. The previous postmaster demanded professionalism. Now not so much. They are careless and sloppy with our mail.

THIS !!!

Pisses me off that this know it all was appointed and then screwed everything up worse that it already was.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Brennan added, "We are grateful for the heroism and commitment of our 630,000 postal employees who continue to serve the American public during this pandemic

Heroes...all of them.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've had my share of problems with the post office but I hope somehow we always have a way to pay bills that don't require being online or a credit card. If you can't mail a check to someone for a payment then it's going to be electronic in some form or another. We shouldn't be forced into that system of paying unless we want to do so ourselves. Letting the post office die will do that unless the private sector can take it's place.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ipopum

My experience is very positive about our PO and mail service.

I have mailed flat rate packages all over the US and some even arrive before the expected delivery date.

Mail to our roadside box is very dependable.

Same here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven't had any problems here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It's been failing for years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've always took up for USPS because I spent 31 years there as a rural mail carrier, and my wife spent 31 years as a postmaster. I've been retired for over 5 years, and my wife for 15. I can't take up for them anymore, as it's obvious that service has taken a bad turn downward. I started seeing it go down right before I retired, and was so glad to get out. I've been as pizzed as many of you have at the chitty service.

I'm not an expert, but here are my reasons............

The post office was originally set up to deliver letter size mail, and to this day, their entire system is still geared towards this, despite a huge drop in first class letter size mail. In today's world, it is the package business that rules the roost, and USPS is simply not designed to handle a lot of packages.

By government regulations, USPS is mandated to deliver the mail to EVERY household in this country. They do not have the luxury that UPS and Fed-Ex does of not going to out of the way places. Those delivery services let the post office deliver for them.

The hiring practices of USPS are without a doubt, a large part pf what is going on now. I worked with a lot lazy people, but I also worked with a lot of professional managers, who knew how to get the job down. It's not like that anymore.

A few years ago, there was a new Postmaster General put in charge of USPS. He immediately instituted a lot of cuts, that have resulted in shortages of service.......more than most people know about.

Covid............it's affected the post office and the delivery of the mail just like it has almost everything else.

USPS is supposed to be an agency that operates separately of the government. But, everything it does is controlled by the Feds. At one time, there was a huge amount of surplus, and money in USPS retirement fund, and when Congress discovered that, they took it. The post office cannot serve two masters...........and that's exactly what is going on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by ipopum

My experience is very positive about our PO and mail service.

I have mailed flat rate packages all over the US and some even arrive before the expected delivery date.

Mail to our roadside box is very dependable.

Same here.

I've never had a problem-----I use the PO a lot.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've always took up for USPS because I spent 31 years there as a rural mail carrier, and my wife spent 31 years as a postmaster. I've been retired for over 5 years, and my wife for 15. I can't take up for them anymore, as it's obvious that service has taken a bad turn downward. I started seeing it go down right before I retired, and was so glad to get out. I've been as pizzed as many of you have at the chitty service.

I'm not an expert, but here are my reasons............

The post office was originally set up to deliver letter size mail, and to this day, their entire system is still geared towards this, despite a huge drop in first class letter size mail. In today's world, it is the package business that rules the roost, and USPS is simply not designed to handle a lot of packages.

By government regulations, USPS is mandated to deliver the mail to EVERY household in this country. They do not have the luxury that UPS and Fed-Ex does of not going to out of the way places. Those delivery services let the post office deliver for them.

The hiring practices of USPS are without a doubt, a large part pf what is going on now. I worked with a lot lazy people, but I also worked with a lot of professional managers, who knew how to get the job down. It's not like that anymore.

A few years ago, there was a new Postmaster General put in charge of USPS. He immediately instituted a lot of cuts, that have resulted in shortages of service.......more than most people know about.

Covid............it's affected the post office and the delivery of the mail just like it has almost everything else.

USPS is supposed to be an agency that operates separately of the government. But, everything it does is controlled by the Feds. At one time, there was a huge amount of surplus, and money in USPS retirement fund, and when Congress discovered that, they took it. The post office cannot serve two masters...........and that's exactly what is going on.

I think, as far as out-of-the-way places go, you have it backward. Maybe it wasn't always the case, but the USPS won't bring packages out to my house. They leave whatever will fit down at the community mailboxes. I have to drive 30 minutes into town to get my USPS packages. On the other hand, Fed-Ex and UPS DO deliver right to my door.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Getting worse around here. Still waiting for a check that was mailed on 1/4. In the process of having that direct deposited. For the past 20 years that quarterly check was usually here within a week or less. This past year it's grown to a week and a half, this time, over two weeks.

Wasn't an issue prior to this year. Didn't go direct deposit, so I could put the sumbitch in whichever bank account needed some funds.

Buddy's wife sent out Christmas goodies to several of their friends this past go round. They live 50 miles from me. She sent them all in the same flat rate boxes and on the same day, Dec.10 I think?. People in FL, MT, CA and TX all got theirs before Christmas. Mine finally got here on 12/29.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The system is working well...my junk mail from the professional beggars arrives on time and in huge volume.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven' t bought a stamp since 1997.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It has gotten ridiculous across the board. I am not fond of automatic deductions from my checking account, and I only have a few bills a month. It now has gotten to the point where I have to mail a check within a day of receiving the bill and hope the check arrives on time. Bring back the Pony Express. I think it was faster.

In addition, some companies appear to be very slow in crediting payments. Spectrum is pretty bad. Then there was the recent Verizon payment that was presented and cleared electronically way ahead of the due date. The next month's bill showed that I didn't pay, and I was hit with a late fee. I finally got to speak to a person, who told me that their records showed that I hadn't paid, and that I would need to take it up with my bank to get my account re-credited. Really? I got the clearing information from my bank and then spoke to another Verizon person who initiated an investigation. I got credited with the payment as of the date of the investigation but they did not take off the late fee. It wasn't worth another hour or more of my time to attempt (with no assurance of success) to get the late charge reversed.

I am about to surrender and go with automatic deductions or online bill paying.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wasn't this the intent by Trump when he appointed Louis DeJoy? It was his changes that has caused all of these issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might have been said already...It’s a scam!

Postal workers that aren’t of the reliable type of employee have found that they can get paid while waiting for the results of a COVID test to come back.

Worker only has to say he/she/it doesn’t feel good and they are told to stay home, get tested and not return to work until the test says they are negative.

Huge drain on manpower with individuals being off sick, faking being sick while they wait the 3-7 days at best for lab results.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Our family used to be able to enjoy two Netflixs DVD movies a week if we watched the one that came and put it in the mailbox the next morning. Since about Feb. 2020 we are lucky to be able to get one movie every 13-15 days at best. Streaming on Netflixs suxs as all the good flicks only come by USPS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i saw a thing on tv that said the PO is handling record volumes of mail and has record absenteeism that is affecting mail delivery times. given that easily 75% of my mail is garbage, i think they spend a lot of time shoveling schit. they need to jack up the price on the junk mailings to try and curb that.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
As an outfitter I had one guide who was a postal employee. We were working on the ranch one day and he he scratched his arm on a mesquite tree. Barely broke the skin. He told me” If that happened at work I would get 45 days off with pay”.He worked at a bulk mail center taking rubber bands off the mail. The puss didn’t last long with my crew, I fired him. MAGA

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
18-23 days here.

We need to fold them up and dissolve them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Might have been said already...It’s a scam!

Postal workers that aren’t of the reliable type of employee have found that they can get paid while waiting for the results of a COVID test to come back.

Worker only has to say he/she/it doesn’t feel good and they are told to stay home, get tested and not return to work until the test says they are negative.

Huge drain on manpower with individuals being off sick, faking being sick while they wait the 3-7 days at best for lab results.

🦫

They’re essential.

Like teachers.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.