Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is the email I just sent them. I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters. I decided not to post the entire email string. Should anyone have legitimate doubts as to the veracity of my claims, I can post the string, but it won't reflect anything different from my summary.

As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

1. You failed to execute proper manufacturing of the rifle
2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullschidt. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the gagglefugk that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Never buy a used rifle from Paul !!!!
Grins.

Man, you’ve had some rifle issues for sure!

Good letter.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crappy actions to begin with. Now that I think of it, Jim Shockey is no longer associated with them. Good choice of the bullet changeover though smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bike riders. Sheesh.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Grins.

Good letter.

Whats this guys deal?

He would find something wrong with a rock tied to a string.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bike riders. Sheesh.

It wasn't my bike hunting rifle.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Grins.

Good letter.

Whats this guys deal?

He would find something wrong with a rock tied to a string.

Was the string made in China?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grins.

Good letter.

From my years of reading the 'fire, it seems that a person should never buy a used rifle from anyone. (I must have been lucky.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Grins.

Good letter.

From my years of reading the 'fire, it seems that a person should never buy a used rifle from anyone. (I must have been lucky.)

I very rarely buy used rifles. Reading all the "sent it down the road" comments makes me leery. I am second guessing that decision.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Call Jim Borden...he’ll make you a great rifle

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I agree in every regard that Nosler's behavior has been unprofessional and inexcusable. And strangely, they seem apathetic. I don't understand that. It seems that people in general have forgotten how business works.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I agree in every regard that Nosler's behavior has been unprofessional and inexcusable. And strangely, they seem apathetic. I don't understand that. It seems that people in general have forgotten how business works.

No, I think that people (sellers) want to change how business works, and people (buyers) are content to make excuses for them and allow it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
And your new boxes suck too!

JeffO

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do.

Based on my experiences with the SII's in multiple rifles/chamberings, there is one thing the AB's and Partitions will do that the S-II's generally haven't (for me). whistle whistle

I'm not making excuses for them, but I'm guessing they contract the rifle stuff?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wrote a letter to Dish Network like that once.

They said they had 13 million customers, have a nice day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
And your new boxes suck too!

JeffO

Bahahahaha!🤣🤣🤣

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Paul,
I’m interested to know how this turns out with Nosler.

There’s been 2 for sale recently on Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds.

Good luck and don’t let off, keep the pressure on them.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

No, I think that people (sellers) want to change how business works, and people (buyers) are content to make excuses for them and allow it.

Again, these people have forgotten how business works. They may be trying to adopt a model of business that doesn't work, but I can't imagine that they would intentionally use a failing business model. After all, they still advertise heavily. They still carefully protect and foster their brand. They've been in business long enough to understand that widespread positive brand recognition doesn't mean schit if they can't simply deliver. "Put up or shut up" is THE thing in business. Like I said, they seem to have forgotten that.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What does a Nosler rifle do that a good dozen rifles/riflemakers can't/won't do - other than say "Nosler" on it?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing I can say about "Nosler" is Barlien will not sell me a 2B rifle because I will blow it up with 26 Nosler... I don't even have that reamer.

I LOVE Nosler bullets.

Nosler load books are as fake as climate change...but not as bad as Speer.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 71 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,190
Posts18,484,940
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.