Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by CBB
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Our daughter is in the UT Nat Guard. She was released from the callup yesterday. She said they were each issued 300 rounds. She said that they were sweating whether they would be required to use them against Americans. As it happened, the protests where she was consisted of fewer than 20 people.

Amazed it was even a question? Orders are order but wtf? I've been. Worried about this scenario for a while.

Would any active military turn their weapons on American Civilians

Pretty obvious that they would.

Read Rock Chuck's post.
Yep.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by CBB

Amazed it was even a question? Orders are order but wtf? I've been. Worried about this scenario for a while.

The people that still think that police and military will do anything other than follow orders, are willfully naive, and idealistically ignorant. The entire culture of the military and LE is setup around the conditioning of following orders. Stop with the “but they took an oath”. Yes they did. And none of them can recite it, or know what it means.

You guys have an idealized image of the patriotic soldier that doesn’t actually exist.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's my understanding the basic combat load is 210 rounds. In Nam it was 120 rounds. 300 rounds for 25,000 men--- Must have been expecting a WAR. And these are the anal pores that want to defund the police

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CBB
Our daughter is in the UT Nat Guard. She was released from the callup yesterday. She said they were each issued 300 rounds. She said that they were sweating whether they would be required to use them against Americans. As it happened, the protests where she was consisted of fewer than 20 people.

Was it (surrender your magazines) ordered by Pelosi? While DJT still CiC? The who does matter. Particularly as it is a common order in a coup.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sooooo....they had to use the Guard because posse cometatus says you can't use federal troops against U.S. citizens. But when the Guard got mobilized they became defacto federal troops. So did they side step things by deputizing troops who were called up for federal service?

The mind fairly boggles.

On another topic, I was National Guard Infantry for 9 of my 35 years of service. We all agreed we would never fire on our fellow citizens if it was ordered because of politics. However, that was 25 years ago, and the way these guardsmen were raised is quite different from the way I was raised.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The military isn't a good option right now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The military isn't a good option right now.

No, not for armed domestic actions anyhow..

Originally Posted by MichiGun

On another topic, I was National Guard Infantry for 9 of my 35 years of service. We all agreed we would never fire on our fellow citizens if it was ordered because of politics. However, that was 25 years ago, and the way these guardsmen were raised is quite different from the way I was raised.

NG is like reserves in a sense. Part time.so one wonders how well versed they are for strange situations (chain of command) such as this....
I was hoping to hear from someone with Guard inside knowledge...and I agree about the different character of troops both regular and reserve these days...

One thought. I hope that they get extra pay for this. Though it will probably come from the State coffers, thereby further stressing the system....

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 01/22/21.

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

NG is like reserves in a sense.

It more or less used to be that way. But a lot of the National Guard has been deployed to the Middle East ever since the government got the country stuck in that tar baby,....and the Middle East conflict will be greatly stirred up under the Biden administration.

The neocons who flocked to Biden are trying to light another fuse in Syria as we speak.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
The garage thing? Not the worst thing to happen to infantry

No kidding. I can think of countless situations in the past where I would rather have been bedded down in a parking garage in DC.

Still, I get the disrespect, and the fact that, at heart, most Dems despise the military. Bill Clinton actually got caught using those precise words in the 1990s.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If they were issued the same ammo as they were during Katrina it was hollow points, my oldest son called as they leaving for New Orleans and asked why hollow points and I told him they were for sure kills not covered under war.
He was issued 300 rounds. I say call them back home let D.C. Handle their own mess.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
The garage thing? Not the worst thing to happen to infantry

No kidding. I can think of countless situations in the past where I would rather have been bedded down in a parking garage in DC.

Still, I get the disrespect, and the fact that, at heart, most Dems despise the military. Bill Clinton actually got caught using those precise words in the 1990s.

As they say.
It can always get worse (all least it wasn't raining)

But when hotel occupancy is at an all time low...the way they were treated in downtown DC was nuts...
They were sleeping on marble floors from the beginning...
Ya think that there wasn't a decent supply of cost somewhere around D.C.?
Say the Armory, Anacostia, Andrews.....

-OMotS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some background, and then my comment. I served 3 years Regular Army (1980-1983) as a radio operator, but I spent 2 years with a nuclear missile battery, and then my last 6 months with the 3/7th 197th Infantry Brigade. Couldn't get into flight school for choppers, so I went Army National Guard 125th Infantry.

After Desert Storm I got married and joined up with the Air National Guard, and did 22 years with them.

I can only speak to my units, but the Guard units I was with were very good. I know this because every year we were evaluated by active duty units (the 125th was assigned to the 101st Air Mobile, and they consistently gave us high marks).

The Guardsmen I served with were highly motivated and well trained (all credit to the NCO corps there). Most of us took the job very seriously, although every organization has its slackers and skaters.

Those Guardsmen who were summoned to Rome to protect Nero probably looked at the deployment as a bag of excrement, but they went and to all accounts have served nobly. Even as they were treated poorly.

Should it come to civil war (God Almighty please no), I wager the majority of the Guard will side with the constitutional patriots.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been in the Air National Guard for 24 years

1 we follow orders
2 we also think for ourselves and arn't going to shoot unarmed people, which would be an unlawful order
3 putting Army in a garage isn't the worse place I've seen them. They had a roof over their head
4 number 3 is why i joined the Air National Guard

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the humiliation was deliberate. To show them they are beneath the ruling class liberals. And they need to do what they're fugging told.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by CBB

The people that still think that police and military will do anything other than follow orders, are willfully naive, and idealistically ignorant. The entire culture of the military and LE is setup around the conditioning of following orders. Stop with the “but they took an oath”. Yes they did. And none of them can recite it, or know what it means.

You guys have an idealized image of the patriotic soldier that doesn’t actually exist.

LOL.

It's always easy to see the quality of the troops one served with.

May those chains rest lightly.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savageguy
If they were issued the same ammo as they were during Katrina it was hollow points, my oldest son called as they leaving for New Orleans and asked why hollow points and I told him they were for sure kills not covered under war.
He was issued 300 rounds. I say call them back home let D.C. Handle their own mess.

Mms
.223 pin holes making sure kills on a spread a vital area as a human...I don't recall how ugly think we're in Katrina, but yesh what an ugly rational. It's domestic, Geneva Convention doesn't apply.

Thanks to all of you veterans (and still serving ) who chimed in. For your contribution and your service.
I don't think whoever called the shots could have done more to drive voters away from the left if they had made a conscious effort.
Perhaps Rock Chuck will get some truth/insight as to how they were treated from his daughter. From where I stand it doesn't look like there was a inspiring leader in charge....

-OMotS

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by CBB

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

Your average National Guard troop and their immediate leadership may be more grounded than you think. It's just possible they are still the farmer soldiers that they have always been. Joined up for a variety of reasons but the decimation of America is likely not one. Opinion from someone that has no reason to know...for that you should contact the PAO. I will say that for a typical guard unit it would be a lot easier to walk away, then it would be to take down a family member, friend, neighbor.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by CBB

Was it (surrender your magazines) ordered by Pelosi? While DJT still CiC? The who does matter. Particularly as it is a common order in a coup.

Piglosi can't give the military the order to turn in there magazines

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

How are the quality of troops you serve with?

I’m not guessing in what I wrote. There are certain orgs and units that have a tendency to be rebellious, and you can and will see dissension there. But they are small. If you think a private in the 2nd MARDIV or a private in a Ranger battalion is going to tell their squad leader to pound sand regardless of what the subject is, you’re out of touch with reality, and have never been in or worked with units.
Shooting on the range with retired dudes, or even people currently from select units, is not the same as being in and seeing what happens day to day- even in such units. Doubly so in the conventional military. There’s no magic here. Critical thinking and and refusing stupid orders isn’t something people just have when it really counts. It has to be taught, fostered and allowed to be used. It is the exact opposite of what basic and military life is structured for. Almost anyone that can think critically is not functional in most of the military. There’s so much ignorant stuff that happens every day, that those types of people either get out, get chaptered out, or in very few cases move to places where individuality is somewhat tolerated.

Everyone has this picture that it’s going to be peaceful citizens just minding their own business and all of a sudden the 3rd ID is going to be ordered to round them up and shoot them. That’s ridiculous and ignores all history. The military is just another group (like police, conservatives, liberals, etc) that can and will quickly fall into “us versus them”. All it will take is for a couple of soldiers to get injured guarding some stupid event due to citizens trying to protest, or otherwise contest it, and you will see it. All the cops and Guardsmen that have been out and dealing with riots and protests all year didn’t standby and watch it happen because they believe in the right to protest. They stood by because the were told to. Had they been told to end it, they would have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was their for the 1984 version of this ..we slept in all our gear with riot sticks..in the halls of the treasury building....o yea, the veting was ....get the f up and on the bus !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,685
Posts18,475,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.