Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I didn’t post on Facebook much but the Savage 99 Facebook page was very informative and had tons of great info. Lots of members. However, I cannot agree with their business practices of political censorship so as a result, I deleted my FB account for good.

I guess I will have to get my info from the last few holdouts here. smile

Take care...
RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good on you.

I killed mine off for good a few weeks ago.

I also haven't spent a dime at Amazon. I've literally re-directed thousands in purchases elsewhere. They haven't seen a nickel.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I’ve never had Facebook and don’t ever feel the need to get it, and I’m probably considered as one that is the generation that lives on it. It’s more BS than what it’s worth, I wish I could say I wasn’t giving money to Amazon either but I’m pretty sure my wife lives on it and the UPS guy could drive our road blind folded and we are on a first name basis.

I’ll keep hanging out here and learning what I can from the guys that have a wealth of knowledge as I try retain just a piece of it.

It’s good to live in the middle of nowhere, I guess “social distancing” comes naturally for us folks.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”- Augustus McCrae
“It’s better to have it, and not need it; than to need it and not have it.” - Woodrow Call
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

I didn’t post on Facebook much but the Savage 99 Facebook page was very informative and had tons of great info. Lots of members. However, I cannot agree with their business practices of political censorship so as a result, I deleted my FB account for good.

I guess I will have to get my info from the last few holdouts here. smile

Take care...
RAS

If you'd like to see more from the forum, contribute more. Not directed at you Jeff, but I got the same message for anyone that doesn't like the Savage Collectors forum because it's too much this or not enough that. Most guys that read here have TONS of guns and could take a photo and start a discussion that'd would enrich it for all here. But they don't, they just complain about what the forum isn't.

Invariably the biggest complainers contribute the least. Again, not directed at you Jeff, just came to my mind with your post.

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I never had any of that social media nonsence(no FB,Tweeter....). I learn something from the fire almost every day!! Thanks again guys.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAS
I deleted my FB account for good.

Same here. censorbook is no more....

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Noticed that your old posts on Facebook were gone, Rick.

I'm still there to connect to family. As long as I'm on it, I'll chat with Savage 99 guys. There's a lot of folks looking for facts out there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
have no use for it. never did

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never been on Facebook, tweeter, Ebay or amazoon. Don 't figure on trying any either. Not out front running hard just old enough to do my own thing and not worry about it. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Good on you.

I killed mine off for good a few weeks ago.

I also haven't spent a dime at Amazon. I've literally re-directed thousands in purchases elsewhere. They haven't seen a nickel.

Gonna do the same thing. We have to start taking a stand; money talks.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dropping amazon also hurts small American businesses that use that platform to sell their goods. Many companies have trouble selling enough of the product on their own platform to make it, but with amazon it allows them to reach a larger group to sell their goods.

Dropping amazon sounds like a good idea....but who are you really hurting?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's true. Amazon is mostly a marketplace for other sellers.

You can buy David's book off of Amazon.

Is it best to support local businesses or buy direct if you can? Yes. But there's a lot of American small businesses selling through Amazon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish it was easier to post photos on the 24 and you need an ad blocker. But, we still have the people with the knowledge. grin

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sackett
Dropping amazon also hurts small American businesses that use that platform to sell their goods. Many companies have trouble selling enough of the product on their own platform to make it, but with amazon it allows them to reach a larger group to sell their goods.

Dropping amazon sounds like a good idea....but who are you really hurting?

Then let those businesses complain to Amazon about lost business/revenue. If they are Amazon only, they are dumb.

You can buy most products in multiple places. Amazon supports policies that do harm to my country. I will avoid them. Many others are doing the same.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How many of the guys here that hate Amazon buy stuff off of eBay?

???

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I use Amazon a good bit, but all I buy there are books. I read a lot and am mainly buying used books to take up the slack from my local library having gotten squirrely over Covid. Amazon presents a format for book buying that can't be beat - selections of used books priced by condition so you can secure your best bang for the buck. Can the same books be found elsewhere, at the same price? Undoubtedly, but I have better uses for my time than spending hours searching for them when a minute or two on Amazon suffices. I for one have no intention of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Stop and research every entity you do business with, directly or indirectly, and get back to me if they are all 100% pro-gun or at least neutral. Personally I'm getting tired of the mudslinging, hand wringing, and bitterness verbalized by folks on both sides of the aisle. Everybody needs to take a deep breath and step back from the abyss.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Come on guys. Why get into a pissing contest over yet something else. The country is divided and divided it will stay. Something we all need to get used to. Everyone has an opinion and mine is the only one that matters to me. You wonder why some of the old contributors seem to be absent. This is a good example why.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Come on guys. Why get into a pissing contest over yet something else. The country is divided and divided it will stay. Something we all need to get used to. Everyone has an opinion and mine is the only one that matters to me. You wonder why some of the old contributors seem to be absent. This is a good example why.

Yep, right you are. Everybody is mad at somebody and everybody wants everybody else to take their point of view. I frankly don't care about the political positions of anybody that visits this forum. And I hope they don't care about mine.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think the point of the OP was that while there may be some amount of perceived "value" to those who choose to use FB, that the underlying/overbearing behavior of this "big tech" giant is unacceptable. Therefore, a vote with ones wallet and/or feet is in order from time to time.

It's a simple concept and an effective one.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
It's true. Amazon is mostly a marketplace for other sellers.

You can buy David's book off of Amazon.

Is it best to support local businesses or buy direct if you can? Yes. But there's a lot of American small businesses selling through Amazon.

Or you can buy it from me. The book retails for $59.99. Amazon was advertising it when it first came out for under $50. They didn't have copies until several weeks after they started advertising it. I don't like them!

Last edited by wyo1895; 01/25/21.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 63 invisible), 2,857 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,302
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.