-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boys were in their blind, they shot at ducks he thought were coming to work his spread. He motored over and killed them, there is a 60ish survivor in the blind as witness.. His wife had recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness and he had early onset dementia. Seems there was bad blood all season long, the young men wearing the ducks out, he not doing so well. He was out of big money, rich from family business and they were just kids.

Vowell's truck and boat trailer are still at the launch site, he is most likely dead in the water somewhere from self inflicted...

Last edited by worriedman; 01/26/21.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ewc
You are 100% wrong on your take off this renegade.

The old man murdered two young men in their own blind.

Pray for them and their families. Sad day.

I had a 50/ 50 shot.

I stand corrected on the blind if so.

Wonder why the old guy killed em.

Pretty fugged up all around.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Originally Posted by Huntz
I would shoot any sumabitch in my duck blind.

And this is the problem... is a duck worth you killing someone over?

What kind of duck?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
The same Ruger that never got his border collie spayed a d let every dog in the neighborhood screw it and just kept taking the pups down to the euthanasia chamber?

That hero?

The one and only.....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not passing judgement on the older man. If I caught 2 young men on my private property hunting and they gave me grief and threatened me while armed what choice do you have? It's a shame you can't shoot armed trespassers - poachers on your own property.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ewc
I was going to reserve judgement on this one.
But after learning the victim's names were Zach and Chance, I decided they probably had it coming.

Tell that to their parents, brothers, sisters, and loved ones.
Both young men were shot in the face with a shotgun. Over a duck.
It’s not a sincere comment.

Might God forbid the incident that offers the opportunity to make fun of your children in public forum in such a way.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Duck Dynasty did not do duck hunters any favors.

LOL

Been saying that schit for years to people.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'm not passing judgement on the older man. If I caught 2 young men on my private property hunting and they gave me grief and threatened me while armed what choice do you have? It's a shame you can't shoot armed trespassers - poachers on your own property.

What???? You got all that out of the articles?

Last edited by killerv; 01/26/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by worriedman
Boys were in their blind, they shot at ducks he thought were coming to work his spread. He motored over and killed them, there is a 60ish survivor in the blind as witness.. His wife had recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness and he had early onset dementia. Seems there was bad blood all season long, the young men wearing the ducks out, he not doing so well. He was out of big money, rich from family business and they were just kids.

Vowell's truck and boat trailer are still at the launch site, he is most likely dead in the water somewhere from self inflicted...

Explains alot actually.
Old man life long thinking his self perceived status from inherited family business entitles him to anything and everything in his little fiefdom mind.

E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

The young men were in their own duck blind. The old man left his blind and came over to theirs and killed them. No private property issues.

Read the post from worriedman above. It’s almost verbatim of what an officer friend shared with me.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Does anyone know, FOR SURE, that no guns were pointed at the "old man"?
Hence self defense?
So far, the story line is all based on ONE witness who may or may not be truthful.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wonder if the senile old fugga was carrying something other than steel shot just to do this.

Fugged up....

Over fugging ducks.....
JFC......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not a critical thinker are you?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like the old man definitely instigated the conflict. But who knows if he wasn't actually threatened by the two young men with guns. As I've aged my give a damn for being threatened has decreased greatly.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by ewc
I was going to reserve judgement on this one.
But after learning the victim's names were Zach and Chance, I decided they probably had it coming.

Tell that to their parents, brothers, sisters, and loved ones.
Both young men were shot in the face with a shotgun. Over a duck.
It’s not a sincere comment.

Might God forbid the incident that offers the opportunity to make fun of your children in public forum in such a way.

I’ll try and be more serious in the future.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don’t know what it is about the lumberyard business but I have known two old guys that made their fortune that way and they were the biggest a-holes you could ever meet.

One of them is family. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I don’t know what it is about the lumberyard business but I have known two old guys that made their fortune that way and they were the biggest a-holes you could ever meet.

One of them is family. LOL

Are you being serious?
Lol

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Stick?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I’ll try and be more serious in the future.

Don't ever even consider it!
These threads would never be the same without the humor you inject.
Slummy and his side kick by far don't make the grade.

I merely seized an opportunity to bust your balls, carry on.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rio7 said he'd kill me if I was hunting his property.

Standard issue offer in Texas. I was gonna offer you gas money for the trip but, seriously, like I would have money.

Tragic deal for all concerned on the duck blind thing, dunno what transpired or words spoken leading up to it other than what was stated here.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 007FJ, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 11 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,869
Posts18,478,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.