Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by deflave
Rio7 said he'd kill me if I was hunting his property.

Standard issue offer in Texas. I was gonna offer you gas money for the trip but, seriously, like I would have money.

Tragic deal for all concerned on the duck blind thing, dunno what transpired or words spoken leading up to it other than what was stated here.

Yes.

Standard issue. Ducks or deer.

Makes sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I witnessed two grown men level shotguns at each other over deer hounds not observing property boundaries.
No shots fired that day. One came to the realization he was threatening the other man on his own property and was likely close to death. Decided to let it go, at least for that day.
As far as I know they used to be friends but never spoke to each other afterwards.
Amazing what some folks would do for a set of horns. Or ducks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
State game,fish agencies keep telling us hunter numbers are declining and we need to recruit more and take some one out hunting and fishing but it really it is all bullshit. What is declining is public access and places to go hunting and fishing as it gets more crowded out there more incidence like this will happen playing to left why we all should not have guns.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Had a guy climbing into boats on public water in eastern NC threatening to kill them over some ducks a while back. His mistake was he climbed into the boat of a game commisioner and the cousin of the Governor. Not sure what the outcome was but if he had tried that with our group he would likley have been eating some steel shot. Given his previous actions I'm surprised he didn't. Locals on the Core Sound can get like that as well...they spend a lot of money each year baiting ducks and don't appreciate dingbatters hunting "their" ducks. Sad what folks will do over a duck or deer, prayers to the young men's families. Unless they leveled firearms against the old codger and it wasn;t out of self defense, they didn't deserve that.

https://www.gameandfishmag.com/edit...-land-hunters-threatened-attacked/191997

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happened upon to this on the refuge forums, post originally started a few weeks ago about what a cluster-F Reelfoot lake is with all the grandfathered in private blinds versus guys just setting up, 'territory' disputes, etc. Page 11 is where the shooting started. Prominent businessman that many on the refuge forum knew. As has been said above, kids were shooting swinging ducks that he thought were his, he motors over, shoots them. Of course, nobody really knows what went down.

https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/good-ol-reelfoot-drama.1069577/page-11

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Deflave, I have never threatened to shoot you or anyone else. for any reason, we bury a lot of CHITT in our land fill, even CAT FISH, Quit LYING. Rio7

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
and don't appreciate dingbatters hunting "their" ducks.

I've been vacationing on Ocracoke since the 70s, but my last trip was my last trip. Dingbatters own most of it now. I don't see how the true O'coakers tolerate them.

Droime.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RIO7

Deflave, I have never threatened to shoot you or anyone else. for any reason, we bury a lot of CHITT in our land fill, even CAT FISH, Quit LYING. Rio7

Sorry, Rio.

I misunderstood.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Duck Dynasty did not do duck hunters any favors.

LOL

you have no idea how frigging true that statement is. for years I was one of the very few in our county that waterfowl hunted. when Duck Dynasty showed up every [bleep] kickin fuggtard with a beard became a duck hunter

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Dementia.

Old folks are unhinged, to one degree or another. When your body degrades, your brain isn’t left out.
People talk about some old boy being “sharp as a tack”. Bullschit. Sharp as a tack compared to some other 80 year old maybe, but that brain is already turning to mush

I wonder what the average age on the Q thread is? 😬

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12

LOL

you have no idea how frigging true that statement is. for years I was one of the very few in our county that waterfowl hunted. when Duck Dynasty showed up every [bleep] kickin fuggtard with a beard became a duck hunter

I’ve just stopped. It’s not worth the hassle. On the other hand, the deer woods are pretty much empty these days by the second week of the season. So, that’s a plus.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob

LOL

I’ve just stopped. It’s not worth the hassle. On the other hand, the deer woods are pretty much empty these days by the second week of the season. So, that’s a plus.

a few of us pony'd up and now havea private waterfol lease. ability to flood corn Back waters along the River etc. and 2 miles of river bottom corn field and sloughs.

I still hunt Public Big water but its openw ater setups fo diver, and I choose the coldest nasties friggin days to do it, cuts down on the wanna bes

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/26/21.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lots of people are just plain azzholes and think they can push crap right to the line, or even just over.....time and time again.

Got some at work like that, think theyre cute being a jerk. And they get by with it. More hassle to try to fix than just let em be.

Kinda like inner city groids.

Sometimes these pukes just piss off the wrong guy.

Dunno who was the jerk in this incident. Maybe all parties.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/26/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hmmmm, old fugger.
Wonder if just a tightwad and didnt want to go into nursing home. 3 hots n a cot.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They'll probably find the old man dead somewhere, after he cools down and suck starts his Glock.

I bet you are right. A rich guy, 70 years old, and facing the rest of his life in the State Pen? He has painted himself into a corner.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A little off topic, story involves deer hunting. Years ago the neighbor and 14 yo son of a good friend of mine were deer hunting in the U.P. They somehow ended up on private land, no fence and unmarked. They ran into the landowner (who was drunk) who told them to GTF off of his land. Mike and his dad turned around and started to walk away. Mike was a cocky little teenager and unarmed. He turned back towards the landowner probably to say something smartazz, the old geezer shot him through the side shattering his spine, lacerating his liver and destroying a kidney. Mike's dad spun around and put five rounds from his 740 into the old geezer. Mike was medivaced out of Kincheleo AFB down to Ann Arbor and survived spending the rest of his life paralyzed from the waist down. His dad was never charged.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
A little off topic, story involves deer hunting. Years ago the neighbor and 14 yo son of a good friend of mine were deer hunting in the U.P. They somehow ended up on private land, no fence and unmarked. They ran into the landowner (who was drunk) who told them to GTF off of his land. Mike and his dad turned around and started to walk away. Mike was a cocky little teenager and unarmed. He turned back towards the landowner probably to say something smartazz, the old geezer shot him through the side shattering his spine, lacerating his liver and destroying a kidney. Mike's dad spun around and put five rounds from his 740 into the old geezer. Mike was medivaced out of Kincheleo AFB down to Ann Arbor and survived spending the rest of his life paralyzed from the waist down. His dad was never charged.

There are often consequences for being so macho as to not take any tshidt off anyone, as well as for completely blowing an insult/intrusion out of proportion. In this instance the chickens came home to roost in both cases. Perhaps another example of natural selection playing out.

Last edited by 5sdad; 01/26/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Tragic deal for all concerned on the duck blind thing, dunno what transpired or words spoken leading up to it other than what was stated here.

I been staying on it waiting for a update.
Everything points at it being a long term dispute, it wasn't the first rodeo for these guys with this old man.

I'm just curious of where they might find the guy.
Reelfoot Lake is huge with dense stands of cypress and vast swamp land. The old dude could be anywhere and really tuff to locate dead or alive. He was a lifer there and probably knows the area well.

I'd say this post might be fairly accurate...

Originally Posted by worriedman
Boys were in their blind, they shot at ducks he thought were coming to work his spread. He motored over and killed them, there is a 60ish survivor in the blind as witness.. His wife had recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness and he had early onset dementia. Seems there was bad blood all season long, the young men wearing the ducks out, he not doing so well. He was out of big money, rich from family business and they were just kids.

Vowell's truck and boat trailer are still at the launch site, he is most likely dead in the water somewhere from self inflicted...

Found this searching our threads here.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

LOL

and you can spot them a mile away, my duck hunting went way down after all that started, and I really enjoyed it at one point, carving my own decoys, etc.

Public water go sketchy at best, and sometimes you spent your time worrying about the safety of others. Good buddy had to go out and rescue 3 idiots loaded down in a 14ft john boat on big water, didn't make it 100 yards before they took on water. Luckily they all survived.

And then those kids with rich parents hooking them up with 100 grand between a truck and boat, all decked out in the nicest gear. Not a class envy thing but I hope most of those kids really appreciate how good they have it. I certainly took pride in each time I was able to afford something a little nicer and graduate to better stuff along my hunting career. The days of handme downs and rocky/walls clothing are long gone, but I swear that was when I was having my most fun.

Last edited by killerv; 01/26/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was mean.
That suspect, is one crazy old dude.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,827
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.