Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ive been as a guest on Reelfoot in private blinds by a college classmate. The stories he told me about not screwing around with another group's blind were memorable but not surprising. You just do not screw around with another man's blind on Reelfoot. Period
They would probably rather you took their wife for a night .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB4

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think it was on some duck forums I read that there had been altercations between these two and the old guys grandkids previously

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've hunted Reelfoot a couple of times, they have a bunch of different rules with blinds. They set up a system where private previously known blinds were registered to one owner, when they die, that blind goes into the yearly state draw. I heard grandparents were registering blinds in their grandchildren's name to keep it in the family as long as they could. The State owned blinds go into a lottery every year. The rule is, you have the right to your private or state draw everyday of the season, if the blind is unoccupied at sun up, it's an open blind for that day, this is what might have happened. No one in blind at sun up, three guys get in it, old owner comes by to go hunting but is late, tells the three guys to get out, they don't and the shooting starts.

Blinds are at least a 1/4 mile away from each other, hard to say if ducks were going to one blind or the other. One time, we must of had 10 or 12 flocks of mallards circle out blind, not like the set up or the guides calling and go due west to the next blind and come in. That blind had 7 guys limit by 11:30AM and leave, just the way it goes. Once we were at the launch and a local couldn't get his 4-stroke started and the line started backing up, my buddy from New Jersey jumped in the boat and got it started, we saw those hunters at the restaurant that night and they tried to buy us diner, we already paid for it. I heard there were fist fights over blinds, it's sad that two young men had to lose their lives over a blind.

For what it's worth, some of these blinds are pretty elaborate, electrical hook ups for motion decoys, pretty nice stoves, If I put they much time and money in a blind, I would be hunting it or have good friends out there hunting it.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Ive been as a guest on Reelfoot in private blinds by a college classmate. The stories he told me about not screwing around with another group's blind were memorable but not surprising. You just do not screw around with another man's blind on Reelfoot. Period
They would probably rather you took their wife for a night .

From the info on the Refuge Forums, it was a public draw blind that used to be private.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Got to give the old man credit. He backed up his words.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by deflave
Duck Dynasty did not do duck hunters any favors.

LOL

you have no idea how frigging true that statement is. for years I was one of the very few in our county that waterfowl hunted. when Duck Dynasty showed up every [bleep] kickin fuggtard with a beard became a duck hunter

and you can spot them a mile away, my duck hunting went way down after all that started, and I really enjoyed it at one point, carving my own decoys, etc.

Public water go sketchy at best, and sometimes you spent your time worrying about the safety of others. Good buddy had to go out and rescue 3 idiots loaded down in a 14ft john boat on big water, didn't make it 100 yards before they took on water. Luckily they all survived.

And then those kids with rich parents hooking them up with 100 grand between a truck and boat, all decked out in the nicest gear. Not a class envy thing but I hope most of those kids really appreciate how good they have it. I certainly took pride in each time I was able to afford something a little nicer and graduate to better stuff along my hunting career. The days of handme downs and rocky/walls clothing are long gone, but I swear that was when I was having my most fun.

i have a 24 foot diver boat. i run a big diver spread when the conditions are right. I even have a layout boat. i get its public water but have some morlas and ethics, i completely get the guy being mad about guys wearing ducks out every day of the season. but aint much you can do about it. what relly pisses me off is when guys set their spread 100 ayrds from me, or better yet are the damned fishermen.

hell 2 years ago we set up off of a point. about an hour after daylight here comes this kid in a 12 foot car topper and an outboard, no heavy coat or life jacket on. its january and 3 degrees out. scumbag drives right through my Bluebil long Lines.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Rio7 said he'd kill me if I was hunting his property.

Standard issue offer in Texas. I was gonna offer you gas money for the trip but, seriously, like I would have money.

Tragic deal for all concerned on the duck blind thing, dunno what transpired or words spoken leading up to it other than what was stated here.

Yes.

Standard issue. Ducks or deer.

Makes sense.

Meh, most times merely a sentiment.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I remember first time I watched someone fishing in our spread...they guy I was with was used to it, when big tournament money is on the line, a decoy or duck hunter isn't gonna stop them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RMerta
Got to give the old man credit. He backed up his words.

Yep, that certainly turned out to worth it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by killerv
I remember first time I watched someone fishing in our spread...they guy I was with was used to it, when big tournament money is on the line, a decoy or duck hunter isn't gonna stop them.

It helps if you know just how much lead to put on a spinner bait

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Public private whatever

Duck hunting is bigger than religion at Reelfoot

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
I wonder if the senile old fugga was carrying something other than steel shot just to do this.

Fugged up....

Over fugging ducks.....
JFC......

All this drama, ruined lives, just for some ducks

Ducks that usually get tossed out at stop signs or pitched in the weeds at the boat ramp.

Personally I never could eat duck, nasty mfers.

Old man probably never killed a banded duck, the ultimate quest in life. SMH

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Guess it's a good thing the old codger didn't put up a ladder on your on your prop line!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So here is a little update..not much..

Investigators find boat of man accused of killing two people at Reelfoot Lake

OBION COUNTY, TN — The Obion and Weakley County District Attorney Tommy Thomas tells Local 6 the boat of David Vowell was found by investigators Tuesday.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they are still looking for 70 year old Vowell, of Martin, Tenn., — who is considered armed and dangerous.

Law enforcement has blocked off the road which leads to where the two bodies were found. The TBI says they're not releasing any new information on the two victims or the suspect.

https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/inv...28407b4-5ffe-11eb-b013-f32b5a6a7a4f.html

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Guess it's a good thing the old codger didn't put up a ladder on your on your prop line!

Oh, the humanity!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rio7 said he'd kill me if I was hunting his property.

Standard issue offer in Texas. I was gonna offer you gas money for the trip but, seriously, like I would have money.

Tragic deal for all concerned on the duck blind thing, dunno what transpired or words spoken leading up to it other than what was stated here.

Yes.

Standard issue. Ducks or deer.

Makes sense.

Meh, most times merely a sentiment.

A dumb one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two dead and only one alive to tell the story. A 70 year old comes up to 2 armed and trespassing men and it goes south. I strongly doubt it was premediated and suspect emotions were high and someone went for a weapon when they shouldn't have.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I wonder if the senile old fugga was carrying something other than steel shot just to do this.

Fugged up....

Over fugging ducks.....
JFC......

All this drama, ruined lives, just for some ducks

Ducks that usually get tossed out at stop signs or pitched in the weeds at the boat ramp.

Personally I never could eat duck, nasty mfers.

Old man probably never killed a banded duck, the ultimate quest in life. SMH

You’ve never had VarmintDuck obviously

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bet the background story is a lot more complicated than it sounds. When things like this occur, something has usually been festering for quite a while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boise
Two dead and only one alive to tell the story. A 70 year old comes up to 2 armed and trespassing men and it goes south. I strongly doubt it was premediated and suspect emotions were high and someone went for a weapon when they shouldn't have.

Where do you get tresspassing? I've read on here, on other forums, and news articles, and none of them say anything about the two victims were tresspassing.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.