-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being a connected man of means, he may have cooled off a bit then called his lawyer.
He could easily be out of the area somewhere evaluating his situation and getting his affairs in order.

GB4

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Be my guess it ain't over ducks it was a case perceived rights and trespass on those rights. You try taking something from someone that has had them for years and believes they belong to him you better be ready to fight, those young guys underestimated that old boys' desire to keep what he thought was his my guess. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Boise
Two dead and only one alive to tell the story. A 70 year old comes up to 2 armed and trespassing men and it goes south. I strongly doubt it was premediated and suspect emotions were high and someone went for a weapon when they shouldn't have.

Where do you get tresspassing? I've read on here, on other forums, and news articles, and none of them say anything about the two victims were tresspassing.

Must be true then

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've seen a few of these cases before. There is always more to the story.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The older I get, the more I understand to avoid conflict if possible. You never know what other people are thinking or going through.

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Lay not thine hand on another man’s ass, his wife or trotline

sounds pretty authoritative

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've heard it said before, never F~ck with an old man , he has seen much , heard more, and "life with out parole isn't much of a deterrent !

And I can hear the two kids yelling back at him, "Hey f~ck off and die old man" .

This wasn't over ducks at all, it was just a total lack of decency, by two bunches of people that had more hate for each other, than eithers love of life itself.

Last edited by jimy; 01/26/21.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can't see him leaving the country. A 70 year old guy, probably born in Tennessee. I don't think he would be happy in some foreign country.
Besides, he gets indicted for first degree murder, most countries would ship him back, to face the music.
I believe Ireland does not have an extradition treaty but most countries do.

Fascinating thread, this is one of the reasons I am on this forum, a hunting disaster news story that would not make the news around here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Boise
Two dead and only one alive to tell the story. A 70 year old comes up to 2 armed and trespassing men and it goes south. I strongly doubt it was premediated and suspect emotions were high and someone went for a weapon when they shouldn't have.

Where do you get tresspassing? I've read on here, on other forums, and news articles, and none of them say anything about the two victims were tresspassing.

Must be true then

To further expound, from guys that have hunted out of the blind that the 2 guys were killed in, even naming it by name, that the shooting victims were not in the shooters blind. That the shooter had his own, different blind, next to theirs. But yes, I read it on the internet, so it must be true. Or not. Almost as true as the tresspassing, that wasn't. Maybe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that I'll wait for the official report to come out.

I wonder why he left a living witness to testify against him?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

There's a distinct possibility he wasn't thinking too clearly.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Probably had a plug in.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by add

Probably had a plug in.

Maybe the third guy 'ducked'?
Too soon? Sorry, I'll be quiet now..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I hunted Ducks once.. I would shoot you if you tried to make me do it again... and not worry about being arrested. at 83 jail time dosen't scare me anymore.. but I might shoot you anyway..

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The way they are about their blinds out there, the jury may buy, "Justifiable Homicide".

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Self defense likely to be hard to swallow as well.

I'm 70 years old, feared for my life so I shot 3 people 1/3 my age before they could get a round off....

He ain't Bob Munden.

Me

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hubert
I hunted Ducks once.. I would shoot you if you tried to make me do it again... and not worry about being arrested. at 83 jail time dosen't scare me anymore.. but I might shoot you anyway..
laugh laugh

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by add

Probably had a plug in.

Maybe the third guy 'ducked'?

Sonuvabitch!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
History of terrorism rests in waters of Reelfoot Lake

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The next time you go fishing or boating, you might contemplate this fact: Use of a lake was once the cause of a violent chapter in Tennessee history.

It happened more than a century ago, on what was (at that time) Tennessee’s only major lake. Reelfoot Lake, in northwest Tennessee, was formed by the New Madrid Earthquakes of 1811-1812. As a result of those earthquakes, water overflowed the banks of the Mississippi River and inundated present-day Lake and Obion counties. Much of that water eventually receded, but a lot of it stayed, forming a body of water that is about 23 square miles in size but whose average depth is only about 5½ feet deep.

Settlers began moving into northwest Tennessee after the Chickasaw Indians were forced out in 1818. Many of these settlers found they could make a good living as fishermen.

However, in 1908 a company called the West Tennessee Land Co. bought Reelfoot Lake’s shoreline and declared its intention to close the lake to fishing.

The people who made their living fishing felt threatened. One of them, Tom Johnson of the Obion County community of Hornbeak, was quoted by the Union City newspaper as saying:

“(God) saw that we couldn’t make a livin’ farmin’, so he ordered an earthquake, an’ the earthquake left a big hole. Next he filled the hole with watah an’ put fish in it. Then he knew we could make a livin’ between farmin’ and fishin’. But along comes these rich men who don’t have to make no livin’, an’ they tell us all that we must not fish in the lake any mo’, ’cause they owns the lake an’ the fish God put theah foh us. It jus’ naturally ain’t right, strange; it ain’t no justice.’”

At the time, there was a nationally publicized rebellion in southern Kentucky going on between tobacco farmers and the American Tobacco Co. As part of that rebellion, many tobacco farmers donned black sheets and began making night attacks on tobacco company property as well as on farmers who were siding with it. They became known as “nightriders,” and although they were probably inspired by the original Ku Klux Klan and its methods, they were not officially connected to it.

Many of the fishermen and their friends began making “nightrider”-type raids of their own against the West Tennessee Land Co. The wave of terrorism went on for about seven months and, as so often happens with lawlessness and terrorism, soon became an instrument of vengeance against people who may have had nothing to do with the West Tennessee Land Co. Crops were burned, docks were burned, men and women were taken from their homes and beaten.

In one case, nightriders dragged a woman named Emma Johnson out of her bed and away from her 2-year-old baby. Why? Because she had sued her husband (one of the nightriders) for divorce.

The nightriders also randomly turned their anger toward African Americans, or toward young men who refused to join their number.

The trouble peaked on Oct. 19, 1908, when Quenton Rankin and R.G. Taylor, two attorneys associated with the land company, were taken from a hotel in the community known as Walnut Log. Rankin was hanged from a tree and shot. Taylor escaped into the swamp amid a storm of bullets and was presumed dead. He survived by hiding under a cypress log for 24 hours.

Tennessee Gov. Malcolm Patterson called out the Tennessee National Guard. Working together with law enforcement officials from several states as well as hundreds of volunteers, they rounded up about 50 suspects. In January 1909, a jury found eight of them guilty and handed six of the eight the death sentence. The verdicts and the sentences were, at the time, hailed as a triumph of law and order, since the attorney general, judge and jury were all reportedly receiving threats during the trial.

“The conviction of these men,” said the Memphis Commercial Appeal, “marks the turning point of nightriderism toward its decline.”

However, the Tennessee Supreme Court overturned all of the convictions because of the way the judge chose members of the jury. They were later retried, but none of them ever did prison time for the murder of Quenton Rankin or for all the other acts of terrorism.

In 1914, Tennessee purchased Reelfoot Lake and much of its shoreline. A law was passed declaring the lake public domain, which means people can fish there, regardless of who owns the land around it.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The older I get, the more I understand to avoid conflict if possible. You never know what other people are thinking or going through.

Very solid, indeed. And you could always shoot clays, they eat better.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,899
Posts18,479,316
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.