Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The smell of fresh backwards laid septic field lines when you accidentally dig them up during your double wide renovation 😂😂😆😆

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I haven't shot my HMR in years, but I shoot my .22LRs nearly every week.
Back when I was going Pdoggin every couple of years, I shot the HMR quite a bit, but there's just not that much call for it here in Kentucky.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have one single shot .22 RF. Shoot it now and then, but don’t have much ammo. Sold everything else a few weeks back. Not terribly accurate, but if I get within 20’ it’s great for squill.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DigitalDan; 01/26/21.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Back when I was going Pdoggin every couple of years, I shot the HMR quite a bit, but there's just not that much call for it here in Kentucky.

I'm curious what you shoot with a 22LR that you don't shoot with your 17?

LOL
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I squirrel hunt with a 22lr. And shoot a varmint or two with one. I think head shooting squirrels with a 22 is some of the best practice for hunting with a rifle. Especially gray squirrels that are nervous and dont stop often. I don't shoot cans often. Shells are too precious right now. But I have a lifetime of practicing shooting for fun.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I have one single shot .22 RF. Shoot it now and then, but don’t have much ammo. Sold everything else a few weeks back. Not terribly accurate, but if I get within 20’ it’s great for squill.

You strike me as a guy that's low on guns and ammo. LOL

LOL
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i should get a 10/22, never shoot the browing semi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 5 year old likes to shoot every weekend I’m not working. We have ammo on shelves here at reasonable prices still. I’ll keep buying as long as he likes to go shooting with me.

Yup.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There's a model 57 buried in one of the safes too, but it's never even been sighted in.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by slumlord

Those standard velocity blue box shoot great.

The hot rod stingers and anything over 1400fps , open up groups

Yeah, I've got a lot of subsonic as well, which seems to shoot great.

The standard velocity is subsonic through <4" barrel, so it's awesome with the 22/45 and can, but man it's accurate outta the Ruger American

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

goalie;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and those who matter in your life are well.

I'd like to thank you and TheKid for photos which both made me smile and gave me hope for the next shift.

In my estimation that's the charm of a .22 in that it teaches shooters of any age or experience level good shooting habits - or better said can do so if plain old fun isn't the goal.

We had a couple real serious dry spells up on this side of the medicine line for reloading components and rimfire ammunition too, so some of us older guys did as best we could to address the situation in a timely manner.

As to the OP's question, well I'd have to say I'm a lifetime .22 enthusiast so the short answer would be that indeed I still shoot several .22's.

This was the last range day.

[Linked Image]

Anyways sir, thanks again for sharing the family outings with my favorite round and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
or a henry

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal

The standard velocity is subsonic through <4" barrel, so it's awesome with the 22/45 and can, but man it's accurate outta the Ruger American

goalie;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and those who matter in your life are well.

I'd like to thank you and TheKid for photos which both made me smile and gave me hope for the next shift.

In my estimation that's the charm of a .22 in that it teaches shooters of any age or experience level good shooting habits - or better said can do so if plain old fun isn't the goal.

We had a couple real serious dry spells up on this side of the medicine line for reloading components and rimfire ammunition too, so some of us older guys did as best we could to address the situation in a timely manner.

As to the OP's question, well I'd have to say I'm a lifetime .22 enthusiast so the short answer would be that indeed I still shoot several .22's.

[Linked Image]

Anyways sir, thanks again for sharing the family outings with my favorite round and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

wow

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I do, in fact, I have the worlds most beautiful Marlin 22 lever! cool don't know what happened, but I hit the walnut lottery with that one, have had it and a Winchester 94-22 for more than 30 years now.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by BC30cal

goalie;

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

wow

Yeah, wow!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
I do, in fact, I have the worlds most beautiful Marlin 22 lever! cool don't know what happened, but I hit the walnut lottery with that one, have had it and a Winchester 94-22 for more than 30 years now.

Gunner which model do you have? I'm guessing 39 variant since they were more prevalent? Do you play with the 17 at all?

LOL
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have two 22 rifles, and a Colt woodsmen match Target, my wife has a Browning Buck Mark 22 we enjoy shooting our 22s.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'd pay good money for a nice 10/22 deluxe. Always been an itch, but I have to ask myself why at this point.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I squirrel hunt with a 22lr. And shoot a varmint or two with one. I think head shooting squirrels with a 22 is some of the best practice for hunting with a rifle. Especially gray squirrels that are nervous and dont stop often. I don't shoot cans often. Shells are too precious right now. But I have a lifetime of practicing shooting for fun.

Funny and spot-on observation. The grays can be very sporting out where I go here in Tn. They act like theyre on meth, hyper animated, head on a swivel LOL

Whereas our fox squirrels. Jeeze!! It’s like murder. They pose and stare at you for 30 seconds. Mouth breathin retards.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I didn't find much use for a 17HMR here in NY either. I bought one when they first came out and sold it a couple years later. It was good for crows and that's about it. .22LR lots cheaper for target/plinking and better for tree squirrels, grouse and rabbits. Bigger varmints handled better with .22 Mag. or 223. I don't ever plan on owning another 17 HMR.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Originally Posted by TheKid
I’m going to hold onto mine. This guy puts them to good use. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What kind of scope is that?

That is a Millet red dot Ben. Boy was having trouble deciding which eye to use and couldn’t really make the peep sight work. A member here made us a deal we couldn’t refuse on the dot sight to try out. Instant success, took him one trip to the farm to figure out that you paste the dot on the target and squeeze. He loves shooting steel plates and does pretty good out to 35-40 yards as long as he has a rest. We’re working on his first squirrel, no idea why but he’s become obsessed with wanting to squirrel hunt. We have plenty of tree rats so I’m happy to oblige. Saw 6 in an hour of sitting on Saturday but he couldn’t quite close the deal, we’ll be out for another attempt soon.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 1,929 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,886
Posts18,497,845
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.