Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They got the old guy's boat and car. No way a 70 year old rich guy is holed up in the woods. Furthermore this seems like a spontaneous event, not pre planned, so I doubt he arrived in Switzerland yesterday with a fake passport and $200 grand in a Swiss bank account.

He might be holed up in an abandoned cabin near by. You know TBI is searching abandoned or empty cabins with all available officers. Or else, he is holed up at a friend's house. He is the Most Wanted Man in the state so such a friend would be risking substantial jail time.

Or, most likely, he killed himself.

GB4

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by MM879
We see bear and coon hunters running dogs all the time. Never had a problem with any of them in 25 years. I would submit that this isn't a hunting problem.

Good post.

When we cross paths with the Bear hunters we wi-fi a GPS track log of dog sightings on the trail. The hunters almost expect it now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Boomers.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old dude is likely fish food by now.

Sad deal.

I'm not for shooting trespassers, even armed ones unless I feel they're a threat. Near as I can tell - trespassing isn't at play here.

It's generally different based upon where you grew up. Guys out west seem to think it's okay to be on land, so long as it wasn't posted. Where I am - posting or not, unless you own it or have permission from the guy who does - you don't go on it. Ever. Posting means ZERO. I don't hang a sign on my car saying "don't steal it" - you just know - you don't steal cars. Same with land use around here.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Haven't read any updates but have they found the boat? Did he sink it to hide it? I heard just the truck and trailer were at the ramp.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Campfire Dics run amok

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
.... I'm gonna hold my opinion until all of the details are released.....

I'm in the boat with Ron.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by jimy
If you have never owned land , then .let your mouth runnnnn,,,

Just curious, but are you saying that you believe that a land owner has the right to kill people who are trespassing on private property?

Land owners should have the right to kill armed trespassers on private property. I've caught a few armed poachers years ago on our property. Now I just chase them and as long as they run off everything is good. I'd never shoot someone in the back, frontal shots only. What would you do if someone faced you off, on your property with a gun?

I back off, call the sheriff, and press charges. Hardly a year goes by that I don't end up in court over trespassing. I also always ask for a protection order against the trespassers if they are carrying firearms.

I cut down and cut up an average of five tree stands each year after I call the sheriff and they send a deputy to document the trespassing. I've even had people call me and complain that I tore down their stand without giving them the opportunity to remove it. I tell them that if their name and telephone number had been on the stand, I would have called them after I called the sheriff to report the trespassing.

The most annoying problem that I've had with trespassers was on a farm that we bought and the previous owners seemed to think that they had retained the right to give permission to their family and friends to hunt on "their" farm. OTOH when my Wife and BIL sold their family's ranch in CO, they wrote language into the terms of the sale so that they and their descendants would retain the right to trespass on that ranch in perpetuity, as long as the owner of record is given 24 hours advanced notice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Search halted for double murder suspect at Reelfoot Lake

[Linked Image from gannett-cdn.com]

Jan 27, 2021 Updated 40 min ago
OBION COUNTY, TN - District Attorney General Tommy Thomas says the search for double murder suspect David Vowell has been temporarily called off.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has filed arrest warrants for 70-year-old Vowell for killing two men at Reelfoot Lake in Obion County, Tennessee Monday morning.

Thomas said investigators told him Vowell approached the boat of the two victims, 26-year-old Chance Black and 25-year-old Zachery Grooms, both of Weakley County, and an argument started. The two men were duck hunting on the lake with a third man named Jeffery Crabtree, who witnessed the shooting. Thomas said Crabtree took the gun away from Vowell, and then took the victims for help.

Crews have been searching for Vowell for two days now. Thomas says recent rain has caused the water on Reelfoot Lake to rise. He says crews believe Vowell is no longer in the water. They believe Vowell either died from exposure or was helped from the water.

Thomas says he still does not have a motive for the shooting.

We're told the search will resume for Vowell once the water recedes.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hope they find him dead.

Save the state the trouble and expense.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’m interested in the Crabtree taking the gun away part.

Did the old man relinquish it or was there a struggle? Did Crabtree kill and sink the old guy?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Did the old man relinquish it or was there a struggle? Did Crabtree kill and sink the old guy?

There is just something about his story that doesn't sound 100% right. However, strange things happen, and this will probably be a case where the whole story will never be known.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Vowell is gonna be found by a dragging cleat with a Mossberg M500 Pump pretzeled around his neck. Courtesy of Mr. Crabtree.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr

There is just something about his story that doesn't sound 100% right. However, strange things happen, and this will probably be a case where the whole story will never be known.

I bet they already know what happened. It wouldn't surprise me if Crabtree shot the guy and the local officials are playing it down,....figuring that justice has been served.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Did the old man relinquish it or was there a struggle? Did Crabtree kill and sink the old guy

I've read a lot more on this that I've posted, trying to stick with what appears to be facts.

Nothing in this news story that I hadn't already read about other than them halting the search.

I looked up the Crabtree guy last night, couldn't confirm who I suspect is him but if its who I think it is, he's a big badazzed mf'er about the same age as the other two boys.

Not sure why they been keeping his part of the story on the down low, who know's, could be anything.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Keep us posted, I appreciate the back study and what you might find.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I try to keep from posting anything that doesn't hit the TBI Twitter site first, then I just pick out the most well written news story that is fact based.

My photos are a sham, the one of the chick standing in high water I got form a quick image search on "reelfoot high water" it's not related to the search at all. Just added it for your viewing enjoyment....more fake news lol.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Found.....

Last edited by hookeye; 01/27/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fascinating story. He took the shotgun away from the murderer. And then, we don't know what happened. Why did he not shoot Crabtree?

Very interesting. Keep us posted.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I'm gonna hold my opinion until all of the details are released.

Ron

Yanno, if everyone thought like that, the Internets would collapse.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,898
Posts18,479,278
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.