Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, when the sellers of the shorts ask for it.

Or the broker calls it.
I believe that the next options expiration date is 2/20

Hopefully, for the gamers, the company is selling enough treasury stock to get is head above water because the earnings don't merit the price or valuation.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by duck911
What happened this week was, and is frightening.

It is a shocking wake up call.

Hedge funds and those that short stocks are heavily regulated. Most importantly, shorting provides some balance to the market and expectations are known, and prices built in. It is expected, as part of the rules of engagement. Economists for decades now have said it is a healthy check-and-balance to a free market.

What happened on Reddit was a new phenomenon of massive market manipulation via social media. The market is NOT prepared for this kind of coordinated effort to manipulate stocks, nor are their rules to address it, nor are the massive price swings pre-baked into the market. This wasn't a few happy basement-dwelling millennials buying some lame Gamestop stocks, it was a grassroots movement to sabotage the ebb and flow of the base of our economy.

While perhaps nothing illegal actually happened, this is pretty unprecedented, and I am not in the "happy camp" that this chit show is happening.

But, you all keep high fiving. Reddit and Robinhood are liberal whorehouses. And that's where this all started.

That should tell you something.

So those who the government lackies say are ok to manipulate the market are fine, but when a bunch of individuals go in and do the same that’s different.

When hedge funds lose money they’re too big to fail and get a bailout from our tax dollars, but if it’s my 401(k) oh well that’s how the game works keep up the investing you’ll get there sooner or later?

You’re a mask wearer aren’t you?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ribka
\

Hedge funds and those that short stocks are heavily regulated. Most importantly, shorting provides some balance to the market and expectations are known, and prices built in. It is expected, as part of the rules of engagement. Economists for decades now have said it is a healthy check-and-balance to a free market.

What happened on Reddit was a new phenomenon of massive market manipulation via social media. The market is NOT prepared for this kind of coordinated effort to manipulate stocks, nor are their rules to address it, nor are the massive price swings pre-baked into the market. This wasn't a few happy basement-dwelling millennials buying some lame Gamestop stocks, it was a grassroots movement to sabotage the ebb and flow of the base of our economy.

While perhaps nothing illegal actually happened, this is pretty unprecedented, and I am not in the "happy camp" that this chit show is happening.

But, you all keep high fiving. Reddit and Robinhood are liberal whorehouses. And that's where this all started.

lmao I made an extra 11 k today.

about as accurate as your analysis of the George Floyd shooting. Whats your thoughts of the new Sect of the Treasury involvement (deep state)in this and her speaking fees?

And congress and family members can still legally use insider information to game the system.

But dear ol Martha Stewart saw prison time for the same thing. What hypocrisy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I still find the Verizon internet outage last Tuesday awfully suspicious, particularly as they're now pulling out all the stops to include halts on trading specific stocks. That was a big outage.

That felt like an attempt to fire break the run up that morning. Look at the GME charts that day from about 11am to 1pm when the outage occurred… you'll see price and volume drop and then surge as the outage recovers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/verizon-internet-outage-disrupts-usage-in-northeast-11611685745

Last edited by copperking81; 01/29/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Made another 5k on GME and AMC today lol

Originally Posted by irfubar
Your conservative hero, Fauxcohantas, agrees with you Cuck

https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/m...20Warren%20to%20Acting%20Chair%20Lee.pdf

\

Congrats? No one cares.

You ignored, or missed, the entire premise of my post.

But, you aren't known here for really catching on, so.............

Hahahah poor Duck.... can't seem to find the right side of an issue to save his azz......

I passed on the GME opportunity. I do own a bit of AMC and am watching closely. GME short float at ~120%. AMC short float around 42%.

Hope to make some money on AMC. Nuts that GME short float got so high.

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Showdog75
\

about as accurate as your analysis of the George Floyd shooting. Whats your thoughts of the new Sect of the Treasury involvement (deep state)in this and her speaking fees?

And congress and family members can still legally use insider information to game the system.

But dear ol Martha Stewart saw prison time for the same thing. What hypocrisy.

Martha Stewart was involved in insider trading and lying about it. This is something totally different, no insider training here. Watching CNBC is almost comical now with them yelling for new rules and regulations. When they do it it’s ok though.

Last edited by Hudge; 01/29/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

The Wall Street Swamp got spanked, and you're defending it.

Hedge funds make zillions, destroying retail investors. They could care less, and the big investors could care less. This is much like President Trump's election in 2015. The swamp-rats howled and griped. They act like they are demigods who are too important to vanish.

I sincerely hope the small retail investor movement burns down all hedge funds and levels the field.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Made another 5k on GME and AMC today lol

Your conservative hero, Fauxcohantas, agrees with you Cuck

https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/m...20Warren%20to%20Acting%20Chair%20Lee.pdf

\

Congrats? No one cares.

You ignored, or missed, the entire premise of my post.

But, you aren't known here for really catching on, so.............

Hahahah poor Duck.... can't seem to find the right side of an issue to save his azz......

I passed on the GME opportunity. I do own a bit of AMC and am watching closely. GME short float at ~120%. AMC short float around 42%.

Hope to make some money on AMC. Nuts that GME short float got so high.

The brokers w/o loaned the stock will make out.
Because the shorts were greater than 100% the loaners will get their shares returned and be able to sell them (settle out with others who have not yet closed) for a nice profit.

That is the price of naked shorts...
The other option is GameStop could sell treasury stock to the holders of the naked shorts.(at whatever price they choose up to market price, which will probably continue to climb at least until short interest drops below 90%).

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Hudge
... Martha Stewart was invoked in insider trading and lying about it. This is something totally different, no insider training here. Watching CNBC is almost comical now with them yelling for new rules and regulations. When they do it it’s ok though.

Martha was not part of the club.... Nor were the individual investors that played GameStop...

George Carlin and the "Big Club..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
this is pretty unprecedented

No it isn't.

Do you think these hedge funds aren't manipulating the market? They aren't colluding with one another? With their friends in the media? When Tesla was one of the most shorted companies, do you think the thousands of articles that Bloomberg and CNBC and Motley and the like aimed at retail investors about how their business model was untenable were just independent organic outpourings of genuine concern for everyone's finances? Gamestop got this same treatment.

Robinhood receives a good portion of their revenue from Citadel by selling trading data. Where people are setting limits, order queues, etc etc. so Citadel can feed that information into their HFT. This is a business where getting information a few fractions of a second faster than your opponent makes a difference and the people involved are operating with wildly different sets of information and power positions.

It was not out of concern for their users that some (((brokerages))) suspended buys, it was so the affected funds would keep paying them for data.

It was not out of concern for their users that Google deleted thousands of 1 star reviews for the Robinhood app, it because Google is (((connected))) to those same funds.

It was not out of concern for their readers that Jewsweek published this, it was to keep more normans from buying GME.

We can either have an economy that is incentivized to produce genuine value that improves our lives or we can have one that is manipulated to serve the financial interests of a narrow slice of ~2.5% of the population. There are no new Remington 700s on shelves not because producing them is not a viable business model, but because people like the "victims" in this short squeeze used the above network of professional manipulators to drain all of its financial value into their bank account and then were allowed to walk away with everyone else having to deal with Remington's corpse. You are arguing for more of that, I'm arguing for less.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Short-...ame+for+years%2C%22&t=osx&ia=web

BRAVO!

[Linked Image]
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

The only thing I’ve learned from the above is that you’re even dumber than I originally thought. Like way, way dumber.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 01/30/21. Reason: Replaced drivel with “...”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

The only thing I’ve learned from the above is that you’re even dumber than I originally thought. Like way, way dumber.

Ive always been a big fan of Charles Payne

The great conservative patriot cuck911 is probably making big bucks palying and betting on golf and the NFL with Chuck Yeager and Arnie Palmer this weekend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He thinks he is one of "them" the elitist..... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you Charles !!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting
WSJ:
After the stock of AMC quadrupled, Silver Lake opted to convert its $600 Million convertible debt stake to equity.
This reduced AMCs debt load by 10% and provided Silver Lake with a more certain payout, if not a profit.AMC now has a fighting chance of survival if they take appropriate actions.
Note: Silver Lake has control of a board seat at Twitter. They, along with Elliot Capital Management attempted to replace Jack Dorsey once before. Upon taking their respective stakes in Twitter the rest of the board required them to sign a content non-interference clause lasting until the spring of 2021.

I wonder who was thinking about the election at that time?

-OMotS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever they can do to phuqq her over is fine with me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...nhood-citadel-gamestop-speaking-fees.amp

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

He thinks he is one of "them" the elitist..... wink

Bingo!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
Whatever they can do to phuqq her over is fine with me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...nhood-citadel-gamestop-speaking-fees.amp

Yellen received $800G from hedge fund in Gamestop controversy; WH doesn't commit to recusal
The Senate confirmed Yellen on Monday
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Biden picks Janet Yellen as Treasury Secretary, Needra Tanden as Director of OMB

President-elect Joe Biden's economic picks met with mixed reviews in US and around the globe; reaction from financial expert Mitch Roschelle.

Newly-confirmed Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen received around $810,000 in speaking fees from the hedge fund that bailed out one of the primary losers in the recent Gamestop frenzy.

Yellen's financial disclosure shows her making $337,500 for multiple days in Oct. of 2020 from Citadel. She similarly banked $292,500 in October of 2019 and $180,000 in December of that year.

The Senate confirmed Yellen on Monday, making her the first female secretary of the department. She previously chaired the Federal Reserve after an appointment by former President Obama.

SURGING GAMESTOP STOCK CREATING CHAOS FOR HEDGE FUNDS

Both Citadel and Point72 infused almost $3 billion into Melvin Capital, which saw massive losses after betting against the video game retailer Gamestop. The White House said on Wednesday that Yellen was monitoring the situation.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked Thursday during the daily briefing whether Yellen would recuse herself from advising the president on Gamestop. Psaki did not commit one way or another.

The Treasury Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Citadel does business with Robinhood, the trading app that helped fuel the massive stock activity that hit Melvin Capital. Robinhood said Thursday investors would only be able to sell their positions and not open new ones in some cases, and Robinhood will try to slow the amount of trading using borrowed money.

GameStop stock has rocketed from below $20 earlier to close around $350 Wednesday. The action was even wilder Thursday: The stock swung between $112 and $483. At midday it was down 27% at $255.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
What happened this week was, and is frightening how a truly free and open market is supposed to operate without illegal market manipulation by the elite.

It is a shocking wake up call was pure capitalism at its core.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 01/30/21.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rules for thee, not for me. Here’s your pittance peasant. Stay away from my fence.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,516
Posts18,472,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.