Campfire Outfitter
J
Damn you people are retarded....

GB4

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And you are ugly, even without the pimples.

Not to mention....naive.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Damn you people are retarded....

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
The 2 deceased hunters had firearms, quickly accessible to third guy.....'if' he didn't have his own.

When a guy pulls up and blocks your boat in.......visibly loading his gun.......you're not on-the-ready?

2nd guy can wing shoot......but cannot 'quickly' get a low down on an old geezer.....after first guy is shot?

Shot in the side? Not instant death.....who doesn't return fire?

Not a feasible scenario.

Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
So the current story is this.......

An old demented guy approaches 3 armed men.......much younger than him.......and kills two of them without being shot himself.

After seeing his two innocent buds killed, third armed-guy decides to forego using his own weapon......deciding instead to go hand-to-gun combat against an irrational old man.

After winning, against all reasonable odds........lucky survivor takes Mr.Dementia's gun........then lets the murderer freely wade to shore.

Whole story probably sounds great......to Sheriff Bullard.

I believe the third guy was only there to film the hunt. He most likely did not have a gun.
On the previous page a post by unccgrad posted this account by the authorities, probably the only reason he wasn't shot is because the gun jammed.

Old man motors over to the blind blocking the other boat in, leaves his boat running, loads his gun and walks in and shoots one. Then he turns the gun on the other and shoots him in the side. The 3rd shell jammed at which time Crabtree takes it from him and hits him with the gun knockong the old man in the water. Crabtree then loads their boat up with the two victims and calls for help heading to land. Vowell's boat was found 200 yards from the blind still running.

Yeah, I'm not buying this story one bit.
It about sounds like Crabtree is telling a bar story.
The gun just miraculously jams on the third shot and he jumps to the rescue. Give me a F'in break.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hilarious speculation going on here. Yes anything is POSSIBLE but this thread is moments away from Navy SEALS emerging from the lake and killing the boys and leaving the likely unarmed cinematographer to take the fall.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
training op's rule....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What if it was a double side x side and Voorhees was just out of shots?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You're so right.

Bengazi really was the result of a youtube video.

Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Hilarious speculation going on here. Yes anything is POSSIBLE but this thread is moments away from Navy SEALS emerging from the lake and killing the boys and leaving the likely unarmed cinematographer to take the fall.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What is the fascination with this? Duck hunting angle? Must be. In the Emerald Empire (3 counties) have a much, much higher body count, the rough boys in the dope business kill the hell out of each other, kill employees so they don't have to pay them...year after year. But nobody is very concerned, they don't bother non-dopers and have probably never killed any duck hunters. All the Hmong Cartel growers that came out here from Wisconsin and Michigan are pretty hard on each other too. Anybody who is bothered by this kind of stuff in other states may keep it in mind if "legal" marijuana growing comes up on the ballot in your state. I don't know why or how legalization did it, but the murder rate has gone through the roof.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What can we do to help?

May have some extra 9mm I could send them.

Originally Posted by flintlocke
What is the fascination with this? Duck hunting angle? Must be. In the Emerald Empire (3 counties) have a much, much higher body count, the rough boys in the dope business kill the hell out of each other, kill employees so they don't have to pay them...year after year. But nobody is very concerned, they don't bother non-dopers and have probably never killed any duck hunters. All the Hmong Cartel growers that came out here from Wisconsin and Michigan are pretty hard on each other too. Anybody who is bothered by this kind of stuff in other states may keep it in mind if "legal" marijuana growing comes up on the ballot in your state. I don't know why or how legalization did it, but the murder rate has gone through the roof.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Fairly obvious why the murders are high ( heh heh, “high”) in your area. Far from obvious why some geezer would rampage a duck blind and leave everyone wondering WTF.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord

Or even a pump with a plug. Guy gets out of boat and chambers a round. Shoots kid #1. Racks the gun, Shoots kid #2. Third guy comes out of the blind. Oops, out of ammo.

Most folks writing such reports for publication have no idea how guns operate, nor what laws might govern on the waterways. And then you have inaccuracies which get included every time the story gets repeated until converted to print.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Or even a pump with a plug. Guy gets out of boat and chambers a round. Shoots kid #1. Racks the gun, Shoots kid #2. Third guy comes out of the blind. Oops, out of ammo.

Most folks writing such reports for publication have no idea how guns operate, nor what laws might govern on the waterways. And then you have inaccuracies which get included every time the story gets repeated until converted to print.

I can see how, in a situation like that, an auto shotgun might jam up. I'm guessing this "duck blind" is like what my son hunts out of with a group in Missouri; it's more like a cabin on pilings you can park a boat under, has a kitchen, you sit on the porch and shoot ducks. If the old guy went in with blood on the brain, for whatever reason, wacked one guy, swung on the other, hip-shooting, not providing the shotgun enough resistance to cycle properly, you can get the same effect as limp-wristing an auto pistol. That kind of shchit happens, somebody starts shooting people at close quarters, there's no prescription or logic in how things play out.... don't try to make sense of a senseless occurance.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I were going to shoot someone, I would not wait until I got around them to load my gun. My gun would have been loaded and ready when I got there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are so right, man.

As Schumer said......Donald Trump really did incite an erection.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
All the expert duck hunters I know use 2 shells.....just to improve on the 3 shell plug.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are so right, man.

As the media reported.....the 2020 election was the most secure in out nations history.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Or.........you are so naive........you believe whatever the media reports.

Originally Posted by cra1948

I can see how, in a situation like that, an auto shotgun might jam up. I'm guessing this "duck blind" is like what my son hunts out of with a group in Missouri; it's more like a cabin on pilings you can park a boat under, has a kitchen, you sit on the porch and shoot ducks. If the old guy went in with blood on the brain, for whatever reason, wacked one guy, swung on the other, hip-shooting, not providing the shotgun enough resistance to cycle properly, you can get the same effect as limp-wristing an auto pistol. That kind of shchit happens, somebody starts shooting people at close quarters, there's no prescription or logic in how things play out.... don't try to make sense of a senseless occurance.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And the victims sat there and watched him load up......with 2 shells.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
If I were going to shoot someone, I would not wait until I got around them to load my gun. My gun would have been loaded and ready when I got there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The gun was an autoloader and probably didn't shoulder it for the second shot causing the gun the short stroke and jam . Still don't think he intended to shoot Crabtree as they had no previous feud with him .

Generally you wouldnt load your gun until you get into the blind .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I was a crazy old boomer hell bent, why not just go ahead and smoke the camera man?

If the gun jammed, does that sound like he was intending to do that?

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,085
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.