-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been following this thread for the sole reason that it is an interesting murder mystery and nothing more (well, since it's in the Hunter's Campfire sub-forum, it is nice to also know who thinks who sucks). It amazes me how some, otherwise reasonably intelligent men, assume that things could not have happened as we have been told so far. It's like people assume that all 4 were standing in a ten foot circle, holding their loaded firearms, pointing at each other in a Mexican standoff. O.K., I'll bite. If that is what the situation was, ya, the story as it has been released so far does not seem plausible. However, without any more information than we currently have, everything that has been put forth by the authorities is not only plausible; but, likely. Sheesh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
If I was a crazy old boomer hell bent, why not just go ahead and smoke the camera man?

If the gun jammed, does that sound like he was intending to do that?

The camera man didn't point a gun at him .

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If I was a crazy old boomer hell bent, why not just go ahead and smoke the camera man?

The plug was in......and he missed once.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d put money he had a pump or semi auto

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
... It's like people assume that all 4 were standing in a ten foot circle, holding their loaded firearms, pointing at each other in a Mexican standoff...

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
There's a big update that was done via FB live that states the Crabtree guy's story checks out. Old man motors over to the blind blocking the other boat in, leaves his boat running, loads his gun and walks in and shoots one. Then he turns the gun on the other and shoots him in the side. The 3rd shell jammed at which time Crabtree takes it from him and hits him with the gun knockong the old man in the water. Crabtree then loads their boat up with the two victims and calls for help heading to land. Vowell's boat was found 200 yards from the blind still running. Basically this was released becuase there were folks saying Crabtree was a triple murderer which infuriated the DA since Crabtree was a surviving hero.

Something caused the old man to snap. Onset of early dementia possibly? Tragic story regardless.

At this point it's impossible to say his story "checks out". How could they possible know what happened other than what this guy has told them? It may end up being true, but there are some really big question marks and holes in his story.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
The gun was an autoloader and probably didn't shoulder it for the second shot causing the gun the short stroke and jam . Still don't think he intended to shoot Crabtree as they had no previous feud with him .

Generally you wouldnt load your gun until you get into the blind .

That is my guess. Benellis rarely jam, unless you dont shoulder or support it. They have to have opposing force to unlock the bolt via the inertia spring. I've experienced it on overhead shots where the gun slipped off mount. The update I listened to said Crabtree said he didnt have it in him to gun the old man down. I'm keeping up with it because I waterfowl hunt regularly in areas where these types of blind laws are prevalent (private blinds on public water). We also lost a fellow hunter last week who was hunting an impoundment in eastern NC with his son and there was an AD that ended up killing him. Not sure if was his or his son's gun but that kid will have to live with seeing that the rest of his life.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Dude was 70 years old. I’m gonna go with a JC Higgins auto with a vari choke... paper hulls

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yet so many of the geniuses here.......find it perfectly plausible.

Even after so much face-egg has been washed off in the past.

O.K., I'll bite. If that is what the situation was, ya, the story as it has been released so far does not seem plausible.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Dude was 70 years old. I’m gonna go with a JC Higgins auto with a vari choke. Paper hulls

By Jove,

I think he's ^^^ got it!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

A old guy that's been killin birds for 50 years isn't going to miss a man at close range.
I'd say the same thing about his gun jamming. Us old hunters just don't let it happen. I run a LOT of shells through my guns and never have a feeding problem. It's the young guys with cheap guns that they never clean that have problems. I've had two FTF shells in the past five years and they came out of the same box.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Dude was 70 years old. I’m gonna go with a JC Higgins auto with a vari choke. Paper hulls

Paper hulls??

Oh my. Should we start a thread?

Saddlefreed or saddleman or whatever can wax eloquently about their smell. As if we have’t had a paper shell thread in 3 weeks.

It’s time sir.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
It was aliens.

They set the whole thing up.
They had a cloaked blind and were using phased shotguns.
They was tired of both parties wearing out the ducks on both sides of em and not getting shots.
They did a mind scrambler on crabtree which was easier than normal.
Took the old man's body back to the underwater base beneath reelfoot lake for alien lizard dog pet food.

This whole thing will be a really good episode on unsolved mysteries in 5 or 6 yrs.

An old Mainer like you sure has them Tennesseans figured out!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
All the expert duck hunters I know have about a 33% jam-up rate.

Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

A old guy that's been killin birds for 50 years isn't going to miss a man at close range.
I'd say the same thing about his gun jamming. Us old hunters just don't let it happen. I run a LOT of shells through my guns and never have a feeding problem. It's the young guys with cheap guns that they never clean that have problems. I've had two FTF shells in the past five years and they came out of the same box.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Paper hulls??

Saddlefreed or saddleman or whatever can wax eloquently about their smell. As if we have’t had a paper shell thread in 3 weeks.

It’s time sir.

I'm enviro conscious dude.

I not only need some paper hulls, but also need to figure out a way to use that super hard TSS shot with fibre wads and no plastic shot cup to be left laying around in Ma Nature.

Back on topic:
I still think I'm going to go with renegade's theory

ALIENS!

In it is contentment

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Paper hulls??

It’s time sir.

Incoming pic with a shot glass of whiskey and a bolo

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Yeah....I am sure the old fugger is just as sharp today as he was 30 years ago....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
All the expert duck hunters I know have about a 33% jam-up rate.

They aren't much of a expert then.
As I said, In the past five years I've run a pallet load of shells through my guns and NEVER have had a jam. I don't consider myself a expert, just a guy that spends a lot of time hunting and shooting.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He couldn't hold a candle to your lawn-mowing videos.

Yeah....I am sure the old fugger is just as sharp today as he was 30 years ago....

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
He couldn't hold a candle to your lawn-mowing videos.

You should learn how to quote a fugging message some day.

Or does your early onset mean you gotta get that thought out right away?

I am MAGA.
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 63 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,611
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.