Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK, there are always predictions of an imminent stock market correction. There is always someone predicting financial doom. Once in a while, one of them is right. To me, it feels like we may be due for just such an event. I wouldn't be surprised to see DJIA lose 30-50%. Stock prices are high, a major part of our workforce is idle, and we've had a record breaking bull market with a major Covid divot in the middle, and all that.

So, suppose that it does happen. Independence Day rolls around, and all the investment and retirement funds in the country are suddenly worth a lot less. People with a major investment component to their income take a serious hit. Wealth nationwide takes a big hit.

What is the political and social fallout?

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There will be a great gnashing of teeth.

There will be a massive amount of talk about who did what and why and how.

Then life will move forward again with everyone being much poorer... except for the one or 2% that will thrive as the new Masters as you become a cog in the wheel of slavery.

What can you do now?

The money that you currently have still has value, use it accordingly to prevent your future enslavement.

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/01/21. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nothing changing here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Congress will put a couple turbochargers on the printing presses and all will be good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Killing the fossil fuel industry has not got to the stock market yet.

IC B2

D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
The DJIA P/E ratio is around 29. That says that on average, stock is really worth much less than people are paying for it. So if the crunch does come....

Voters is 2022 are seriously pissed off, and let it be known at the ballot box. Dems lose both houses of Congress.

Unemployment rises sharply in the summer of 2021, and bad guys take to the streets, but this time the riots are far more serious. Government responds with greater force, and restrictions on personal liberties.

In an effort to right the country's finances, the government drives interest rates to all time lows. One effect of this is to make the dollar much less desireable on the international market. The value of the dollar slides vs. foreign currency, and imported items rise in price.

The combination of stock market correction and low interest leaves investors with no place to go.

Gotta quit.... this is depressing me.

Last edited by denton; 02/01/21.

Be not weary in well doing.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by denton
The DJIA P/E ratio is around 29. That says that on average, stock is really worth much less than people are paying for it. So if the crunch does come....

Voters is 2022 are seriously pissed off, and let it be known at the ballot box. Dems lose both houses of Congress.

Unemployment rises sharply in the summer of 2021, and bad guys take to the streets, but this time the riots are far more serious. Government responds with greater force, and restrictions on personal liberties.

In an effort to right the country's finances, the government drives interest rates to all time lows. One effect of this is to make the dollar much less desireable on the international market. The value of the dollar slides vs. foreign currency, and imported items rise in price.

The combination of stock market correction and low interest leaves investors with no place to go.

Gotta quit.... this is depressing me.

YOU ARE NOT WRONG, BUT I EXPECT A COUPLE WARS TO ADD TO THE MIX.

Undeniably the US military will be tested.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money goes where it is welcome and well treated. Right now, I see people hesitant to start businesses based on that notion.

You currently have a government that believes a worker should get $30K a year no matter how low skilled that worker may be. Is that an artifact of smart governing? It sounds good if you are a huge company that wants to crush competing new start ups.

I see optimism crashing. With it, goes the market. And I am a big believer in the market. I retired in my mid 40s because of it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RAS
Money goes where it is welcome and well treated. Right now, I see people hesitant to start businesses based on that notion.

You currently have a government that believes a worker should get $30K a year no matter how low skilled that worker may be. Is that an artifact of smart governing? It sounds good if you are a huge company that wants to crush competing new start ups.

I see optimism crashing. With it, goes the market. And I am a big believer in the market. I retired in my mid 40s because of it.

You think any corporation with stock traded in the market pays less than minimum wage?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I made an average of 23% per year for the last 26 years in the stock market.

For 26 years, I have never "timed the market".

In the 2 weeks since Biden was inaugurated, I am up 10%.

Long term, I think the market is going to be ok.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For the individual investors:

Much depends upon the individual’s time horizon concerning which way the market goes within the short to medium period time frame.

Long term I’d expect it to rise.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm

You ought to be well into nine figures net worth by now.
Congrats.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

You think any corporation with stock traded in the market pays less than minimum wage?

He thinks a little harder than you Wheelz.

Doesn't Mickey D's trade Dumbass?

You should talk to your Doc, I think maybe the paralization is creeping into you mushy head

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The last times the PE ratio’s were at this level were

Make your own calls

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy low, sell high.

I’ve taken some profit, but honestly, with the firehose of money spraying into the economy, worldwide, it’s hard to imagine the market dropping much, FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. There’s just no other place for money to go but real estate, and if you think stocks are high.......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Clarkm

You ought to be well into nine figures net worth by now.
Congrats.

"9 figures", I wish.
I started out too poor.
228 times pocket change is still small.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Buy low, sell high.

I’ve taken some profit, but honestly, with the firehose of money spraying into the economy, worldwide, it’s hard to imagine the market dropping much, FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. There’s just no other place for money to go but real estate, and if you think stocks are high.......

Just depends on the availability of paper for printing.

Lol!

And yeah, I'll take real estate any day. Made that decision long ago.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Buy low, sell high.

Where I'm at also. I do think that after the next round of stimulus that I will move some Growth funds to Balanced funds to help ride out the next correction.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It has a chance of a +$50K day for me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
If the lefties don't totally screw it up, IMO, the economy is teed up for a good run. Get the vaccine out and it will take off.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 49 invisible), 3,502 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,552
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.