Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Everyone who invests needs to watch this.
In general I'm not a fan of Bloomberg new, nor do I agree with this gentleman's view's on global warming, but everything else he says is consistent with my interpretation of current events. Grantham is NOT a perma-bear and has a good history of identifying asset bubbles. Make no mistake, we are in an asset bubble. There might even be a couple more legs up, but eventually there will be no more bigger fools and confidence will break. That will be the beginning of something...not good.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great listen

Here’s a somewhat alternative viewpoint.

https://i.rmbl.ws/s8/1/R/v/D/u/RvDub.OvCc-small-Dr-Paul-Craig-Roberts-talks.jpg

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry I don’t know how to imbed any other than YouTube videos

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ron Paul and the rest of the Austrian economists have been sounding the alarm bells about how fiscal policy would result in this for a looooooong fugn time now. But since none of them are part of the financial-industrial complex like the major media are, their opinions haven't much volume or magnitude.

I've taken Austrian stance and I'm about as set as I'm going to get without betting the house on it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I finally got around to watching it. Its been showing up on my Youtube feed and been posted twice here.

Grantham's analysis is spot on. But it was spot on last year, the year before, the year before that and the year before that too. TSLA is egregiously and I mean EGREGIOUSLY overpriced.....like pricing in the owning the auto market for the next thousand years overpriced. It has been that way for several years, that is why guys short it and they keep getting squeezed out so it goes up and the cycle repeats. Its killed more bears than Boone and Crockett put together.

Eventually, the big grizzly bears are gonna eat. I thought they were gonna feed last March but the guys with money bazookas chased them back into their dens.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ihookem
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.

Last edited by Fiddy; 02/04/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fiddy

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.

I'm going to start moving some of the Growth Funds to Balanced Funds in an attempt to keep more of the gains.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Fiddy

I'm going to start moving some of the Growth Funds to Balanced Funds in an attempt to keep more of the gains.

Just don't get caught in bonds when interest rates start going up.

As interest rates increase, bond prices decrease.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Watched the vid. last night.

Nothing new just common sense, but no one wants to listen that, "to the moooon?!".

You don't fix a debt problem by increasing your debt.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounds a lot like Marc Faber and Granville.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
A market crash is always coming.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This guy is no Marc Faber.

Faber's a quack who should be ignored.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sell!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by xarcher
A market crash is always coming.

Exactly.
And prediction of that is difficult at best. Some expert will get lucky and accurately predict the market crash. The many other experts will be wrong.
I don’t know which one will be the lucky one.
So I’ll stay in a balanced portfolio and not try to guess the crash.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's coming, but the next stimulus could push it back another 9-12 months. It's going to be pretty epic when it hits.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This guy is no Marc Faber.

Faber's a quack who should be ignored.

Yep. Known as Dr. Doom and gloom and for a long while.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
It's coming, but the next stimulus could push it back another 9-12 months. It's going to be pretty epic when it hits.

It will take a lot more than one stimbumus to keep this house of cards standing.

Dumped all mutual funds several days ago. Went all in on a couple money market accounts.. for now.

Don't care what the market does now. Don't need the income. Just preservation of capital in those accounts. More or less savings accounts at this point, anyway. I'll figure out where I want to put that money soon.

Rents come in every month. So does social security. Above my needs.

You Youngbloods bustin on boomers, keep those lawns mowed. Social Security coming 2nd Wednesday.

New stimbumus should be soon.

Enjoy the journey.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The market is going up because of the Fed and the government being money supply whores. When we hit the intersection of tightening money supply and the reality of the anti capitalist Marxist regime, there's going to be a bloody mess.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The market is going up because of the Fed and the government being money supply whores. When we hit the intersection of tightening money supply and the reality of the anti capitalist Marxist regime, there's going to be a bloody mess.

You got it, Jake.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.