Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
On Jan 19, I sent a postal money order to jsgwoodsman, it was returned to me a few days ago "no such number - unable to forward"
I PM'd him - he called me, said he'd been receiving mail at that address for years - I re-sent (same address). He received it yesterday !
WTF, over?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
On Jan 19, I sent a postal money order to jsgwoodsman, it was returned to me a few days ago "no such number - unable to forward"
I PM'd him - he called me, said he'd been receiving mail at that address for years - I re-sent (same address). He received it yesterday !
WTF, over?
Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
I hate it for the good ones that work for USPS, but they can all end up jobless as far as I’m concerned. The sooner it folds the better. Absolutely criminal to look you in your eye and sell you a service to be completed in 3 days and not give a damn that it still aint completed a month later. To hell with em. I will never use em again if I were shipping a damn stick of gum.

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
I hate it for the good ones that work for USPS, but they can all end up jobless as far as I’m concerned. The sooner it folds the better. Absolutely criminal to look you in your eye and sell you a service to be completed in 3 days and not give a damn that it still aint completed a month later. To hell with em. I will never use em again if I were shipping a damn stick of gum.

Argus Hamilton (comedian) stated that many in congress want to fire all the top folks in USPS, but when the termination notices go out - none will know for 6 months - when the letters arrive! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is a lot of chit I don’t buy on this forum because the seller wants a check mailed to him. It’s 2021.....what’s a check?😁. I don’t want my money getting lost or taking weeks to get to someone. With that said, usps hasn’t been too awful for me, but there has been a couple exceptions.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It took exactly 1 week for a small flat rate box, to travel from central Oregon to Parker Az., 900 miles. It took three days for a large box to travel to Virginia via FEDEX

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
USPS at this time is a pure joke! I mailed a brand new Rock River Arms LAR-8 from my shop in Colorado Springs 11-29-2020 to Centerville Texas. It finally arrived 01-19-2021 after I started an investigation with one of Colorado's Senators. Gory Gardener. Box and the Rock River Case were beat to Schitt. Tracking shows that it disappeared and quit being scanned at the GMF in Denver. Postal inspectors blamed me for just wanting to file a claim. Pure BS! After the congressional investigation started they found and delivered the rifle by special courier in two days.

IC B2

M
MOW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
USPS has been so bad, I stop using them before Christmas. I have been using FedEx or UPS, there locations aren't as close as USPS, but my packages arrive within a day or two of when it supposed too. Last couple packages that were sent through USPS were over a month late and NO TRACKING UPDATES! I hope USPS get back on track soon, because it's much easier for me to use USPS.

Last edited by MOW; 02/07/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM
PP and Venmo don’t sound to bad now huh

^^ This. Also, FedEx Ground is typically cheaper than USPS if not using a flat rate box

For all those hung up on PayPal (I don't use them either) there are other options like: Zelle, CashApp, etc

The 6 Best Payment Apps of 2021
PayPal
Venmo
Cash App
Zelle
Google Pay
Facebook Messenger

https://www.thebalance.com/best-payment-apps-4159058

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DrGnarr
There is a lot of chit I don’t buy on this forum because the seller wants a check mailed to him. It’s 2021.....what’s a check?😁. I don’t want my money getting lost or taking weeks to get to someone. With that said, usps hasn’t been too awful for me, but there has been a couple exceptions.

That’s how I am too. It’s 2021 for gods sake, mailing checks and waiting for them to arrive, clear, etc. is ridiculous. I recently bought some bullets from a forum member, he requested a check or MO, , I mailed him a check and it’s been like 13 days and he still hasn’t received it. No more, if someone doesn’t take some form of online payment I’m not buying it!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Have shipped about 10 items USPS from Alaska in the last 2 weeks all USPS flat rate priority most under 4 days. With no issues, UPS here is awful and expensive. Online payment makes transaction simpler and with USPS
click and ship and a supply of boxes fast and easy.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Those jerk offs run our country roads 80 mph I met one on a tractor with a bale of hay. I thought he was going to roll it swerving.
But then again the fedex guy left the chewy dog food on the porch with the dog tied up there It didn’t end well for the box the dog was happy
This is the same guy tha throws out nehbors packages in the yard because he is afraid of her golden retriever who is friendly as can be.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We got a Christmas card 42 days after it was postmarked in northern VA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sako76
I sent a NIB Remington Mountain Rifle in 260 to a guy in WV, it took 32 days to get there, 25 of the days they had no idea where it was. They did send it to Charleston, WV one day which was 5 hours from where the buyer lived, the next day, they sent it to Harrisburg, PA and then back to Charleston. The buy was not very happy.

I've started to ship all of my firearms via FEDEX.

The UPS Center in Omaha is about a 35 mile, 75 minutes, round trip from my home.

The closest USPS in Millard is about a 12 mile, 25 minutes, round trip from my home, but I don't go there because it is also a passport hub and is crowed with a lot of people who don't know the answers to the questions on the passport forms. If I ship USPS, I drive over to the small post office in the small town of Waterloo, NE, because there is never a line and the only clerk who I've ever seen there is always helpful.

The FEDEX in the closest Walmart is about a 5 miles, 10 minutes, round trip from my home.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I guess I'm in the bit of not being able to sale much on here because I will no longer do business with PayPal. I have been screwed out of over $300 by their lack of willingness to do anything about scammers. The wife ordered something from EBay and paid by PayPal well after a week she was sent tracking info that said the item was delivered 2 weeks before we even ordered it. We were told that there was nothing they could do because the seller supplied shipping info and we needed to file a claim with the shipping company.
The next time my account was hacked and they processed a payment from my account. It was done at 3am on a Tuesday from California. I live in Alabama. After spending 45mins on hold with someone who barely spoke English, I got disconnected and never got a response or a refund.
I have often shipped out items I sold here before payment has arrived.

I shipped out packages on the same day last week. 1 went to Alaska, one went to Eastern Tennessee. The package arrived in Alaska in 4 days. Still waiting for the one to get to Tennessee. Less than 100miles from here

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
I guess I'm in the bit of not being able to sale much on here because I will no longer do business with PayPal. I have been screwed out of over $300 by their lack of willingness to do anything about scammers. The wife ordered something from EBay and paid by PayPal well after a week she was sent tracking info that said the item was delivered 2 weeks before we even ordered it. We were told that there was nothing they could do because the seller supplied shipping info and we needed to file a claim with the shipping company.
The next time my account was hacked and they processed a payment from my account. It was done at 3am on a Tuesday from California. I live in Alabama. After spending 45mins on hold with someone who barely spoke English, I got disconnected and never got a response or a refund.
I have often shipped out items I sold here before payment has arrived.

I shipped out packages on the same day last week. 1 went to Alaska, one went to Eastern Tennessee. The package arrived in Alaska in 4 days. Still waiting for the one to get to Tennessee. Less than 100miles from here

I've almost always been satisfied with eBay's handling of complaints. Lost money once on a counterfeit Casio Baby G watch that I bought for my daughter years ago. Nobody at eBay would accept that it was counterfeit, besides the seller had over 20,000 eBay sales.

M
MLF Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Two days ago I received a signature receipt validation for a package I mailed local a year ago.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Get caught purchasing firearm/related items and using PP or Venmo.......and you will find your account locked and funds held. Venmo is owned by PP.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by acloco

Get caught purchasing firearm/related items and using PP or Venmo.......and you will find your account locked and funds held. Venmo is owned by PP.

Paypal froze/closed my account and seized $900. I had sold a threaded pistol barrel for $110. All the other transaction were for approved items . Both parties were careful with no mention of gun related items. Hours on the phone with English as second language individuals and they could not tell me what my violation was or offer any proof. They still kept my money because their User Agreement says they can.

Still use my wifes account for some small transactions but I was one of those who thought Paypal was great.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,924 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,944
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.