Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here is some commentary on Bruce from the NY Post. The writer is disgusted by Bruce, and reveals that he has even made the Libs angry:

NDREA PEYSER
OPINION
Bruce Springsteen sells out with pablum
By Andrea PeyserFebruary 8, 2021 | 4:10pm | Updated

The most nausea-inducing moment of Sunday night’s Super Bowl came not during the public spanking of The Chiefs by the Bucs. It was during a tone-deaf, two-minute TV commercial starring New Jersey’s own Bruce Springsteen, in which the mega-wealthy musician and leftist sage revealed that his longtime working-class grift is as phony as his cowboy hat.
In the commercial entitled “The Middle,” Bruce, is seen driving a 1980 Jeep CJ-5 to a chapel in Lebanon, Kansas, which he describes as “standing on the exact center of the lower 48.’’
He rhapsodizes about this geographical oddity — ignoring the fact that Kansas voters handed a substantial state victory to Donald Trump over Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.

“It’s no secret,’’ he continues, undeterred by Kansas’ Republican bona fides, “the middle has been a hard place to get to lately. Between red and blue. Between servant and citizen. Between our freedom and fear. . . .’’
He sifts soil with hands that have never performed manual labor. (Or labor of any kind.)
He sips from a cup.
He lights a candle. There’s a shot of a back-lit American flag. A random horse.

“We can make it to the mountain top, through the desert and we will cross this divide,’’ he says. “Our light has always found its way through the darkness. And there is hope on the road ahead.’’
As the mini-film reaches a visual and musical climax designed to jerk tears from viewers’ eyes, a slogan appears onscreen — “To the ReUnited States of America,’’ which is rich, when one considers just how divided the people of this nation remain.
In the next and last frame — surprise! Here comes the Big Reveal.

The words “Jeep.com/The Road Ahead’’ appear. And in an instant, the viewer realizes that this entire exercise in heart-string-pulling, Middle American condescension, a ride we’ve taken with the expectation of a dollop of wisdom, has been nothing more than an expensive effort to sell motor vehicles to the public.
How could Bruce have done this to us?
Heavy criticism flew from the right, but also from the betrayed left.

“Convincing someone that Springsteen is fraudulent . . . now requires much less work from both him and you,’’ Washington Post pop music critic Chris Richards wrote ahead of Super Sunday.
“Springsteen’s songbook has long stood up for the marginalized and the disenfranchised,’’ Richards continued, “but here, in lieu of writing a new song, he’s sticking up for a car company whose products are hastening the death of our planet — a death that the boomer demo being courted with this two-minute clip won’t have to witness.’’
He didn’t just sell out, he’s a planet killer!

Bruce, 71, has been spreading his man-of-the-people drivel and contempt for the right at least since the Reagan administration. Now, the little people are not amused.

“Pretty easy for a guy who is worth 500 million to say what he did . . .’’ reads one online comment.
Jeep is also less of an American brand than is commonly believed.
Currently, it is owned by Stellantis, a Franco-Italian-American multinational automotive manufacturing corporation with headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. At a time when so many of his fellow citizens are out of work due to the pandemic, one would hope Bruce would root for all-American vehicles.

If there’s a silver lining here, this commercial may finally convince Americans to ignore the fraud that is Bruce Springsteen.

GB4

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hi Benedict

Thanks for finally responding. I have no interest in contacting Miss Lynn, as she is not the one who threatened us with legal action. In fact, I believe you are the one who made that threat, claiming that you were relaying the message on her behalf. So you can relay this message too: SUE ME. NOW.

"But I am sure that Miss Lynn and her representatives will be no match when you consider your prominence in the legal world and the upstanding character of your clients in the real world, not the internet world."

Correct. I actually want to meet the lawyer who would tell a potential client that she has recourse for hurt feelings on a hunting/shooting forum that she visits volitionally.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Remsen
Hi Benedict

Thanks for finally responding. I have no interest in contacting Miss Lynn, as she is not the one who threatened us with legal action. In fact, I believe you are the one who made that threat, claiming that you were relaying the message on her behalf. So you can relay this message too: SUE ME. NOW.

"But I am sure that Miss Lynn and her representatives will be no match when you consider your prominence in the legal world and the upstanding character of your clients in the real world, not the internet world."

Correct. I actually want to meet the lawyer who would tell a potential client that she has recourse for hurt feelings on a hunting/shooting forum that she visits volitionally.

You should see the previous message.

Benny

The cost of freedom is incalculable.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Benedict

Benny

Your stirring of drama and attempts to call attn to a particular board user are reminiscent of that same individual.

Do you actually believe that saying things one individual (or many for that matter) finds objectionable on the internet is grounds for a winnable court case?

If so, you definitely need to move to another country where they lack a first amendment.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeeze....should I hire a lawyer?

This sounds pretty serious.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone.......

I am MAGA.
IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

laugh

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Yes you should. Your constant Tulsi insults have hurt my feelings.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by efw

Benny

Your stirring of drama and attempts to call attn to a particular board user are reminiscent of that same individual.

Do you actually believe that saying things one individual (or many for that matter) finds objectionable on the internet is grounds for a winnable court case?

If so, you definitely need to move to another country where they lack a first amendment.

No first amendment in Canada . Brockback Benny's ( Lynn) home

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Remsen
Hi Benedict

Benny

I've seen both versions of your previous message...the first one, where you talked up the legal threats coming our way, and then the puzzified version you changed it to. Again, I will be very clear about this:

SUE ME. Tell your doppleganger in Canada to sue me if you want to continue the charade that you're not her sock puppet. I can take the pain, hit me with the hurt feelers complaint. Teach me a punishing, humiliating lesson. Do it.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If'n I win your tractor do I have to take over payments?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have never been able to be "WOKE" sorry, old Sailor, I am what I am.. If one does not like that, I am fine with that. It would be nice however, if the country could find a middle ground.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ribka

No first amendment in Canada . Brockback Benny's ( Lynn) home

But he is from Vermont!?!? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some how, some way, the self-inserted "victim" in this charade keeps taking on more and more negative outcome. Are these symptoms of masochism?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Never been a fan of Jeep or Springsteen. I know a few guys that have them tricked out for off road / Moab, but for the most part West Omaha soccer mom's, lesbian's and teenage girls drive them on the street around here.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did not watch the Super Bowl so did not see the Springsteen/Jeep ad. I did today, however, click on a link Victor Davis Hanson provided in his commentary about the hypocritical ad shone during the S.B. I've never been a Springsteen fan, so at first did not recognize that "old man" driving the Jeep. The ad bored me but at the end, did you fellows notice that with Springsteen's admonition for all conservatives to join in, unite, and agree with left liberal hypocrites such as he, there was a map of the United States ... with the Red Star of Communism in the middle of the U.S.

Looks like mega-Millionaire Marxists and Billionaire Bolsheviks have struck again.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Springsteen was wearing a fricken ear ring and a 'cowboy' hat at the same time.

Super lame.

#fraud

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag

If'n I win your tractor do I have to take over payments?

My schit is so old the bank wont let me finance it.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Through the years I have enjoyed some of Springsteen's music, really could take it or leave it. If you listened to any radio you were going to hear Springsteen songs if you liked it or not.
I do remember he portrayed himself as a "New Jersey Street Rat." He said that he had grown up in a tough city and was in youth gangs, like the kids portrayed in West Side Story.
I gave up on Springsteen when I read an interview with a guy who knew him as a kid. He said he couldn't figure out how Springsteen had this image as a city gang member, they didn't live in an urban hell hole, he said Springsteen grew up in a suburb
and there were no gangs nearby. A normal middle class upbringing.

That meant that Springsteen was a phony. That was it for me I can't stand fakes and phonies. Tried to avoid his music after that.

And he is true to form. Here is is in Kansas, driving around in an old Jeep on rural roads and wearing a cowboy hat. What a phony. A New Jersey suburban boy, and now he is playing a cowboy!
Talk about "all hat and no cattle."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mr. Springsteen was arrested last November for DWI in New Jersey. Wonder if he was driving a jeep.

Springsteen DWI

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Morewood
Mr. Springsteen was arrested last November for DWI in New Jersey. Wonder if he was driving a jeep.

Springsteen DWI

Good

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,895
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.