R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
in my county if you're under the age of 60 you have a 0.08% chance of death if you are diagnosed with it of death. keep in mind that leaves out the undiagnosed. what that means is the death rate is really close to your chance of death by drowning at some point in your life. I hear these stories of people in their 40's dying. but the truth is the numbers say its very very rare for that to happen.

Statistics are fine until one of the numbers is you or a family member.

Just like cancer, heart attacks, strokes, the flu and car accidents and one hears nothing of those now

GB1

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Well I got my test results back today - positive for Covid. Wife and #1 son who lives near to us also have tested positive: learned that yesterday, so this is a family deal.......

No change to my schedule today- 4.25 mile brisk walk through hilly terrain, 85 pushups (in batches), 12 situps. After returning, felt a little tired-er than previously (- say a couple days ago), but so long as I can get out there and get the exercise in I'm going to push it.

They say exercise helps reduce the risk of blood clots. So I'm sticking to it, and upping the aspirin dose to a full 352 MG from 81 to keep the blood thinned out..

God willing, we'll beat this.

Meanwhile, I'm putting the finish on a 9' surf rod tonight for east coast blues and spanish! Something to look forward to, right?

You'll beat it. smart to take aspirin and lots of water and keep taking zinc. After quarantine was up I sat in my gyms sauna for an hour then jumped in a cold shower every day. That seemed to help a lot.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Well I got my test results back today - positive for Covid. Wife and #1 son who lives near to us also have tested positive: learned that yesterday, so this is a family deal.......

No change to my schedule today- 4.25 mile brisk walk through hilly terrain, 85 pushups (in batches), 12 situps. After returning, felt a little tired-er than previously (- say a couple days ago), but so long as I can get out there and get the exercise in I'm going to push it.

They say exercise helps reduce the risk of blood clots. So I'm sticking to it, and upping the aspirin dose to a full 352 MG from 81 to keep the blood thinned out..

God willing, we'll beat this.

Meanwhile, I'm putting the finish on a 9' surf rod tonight for east coast blues and spanish! Something to look forward to, right?

You'll beat it. smart to take aspirin and lots of water and keep taking zinc. After quarantine was up I sat in my gyms sauna for an hour then jumped in a cold shower every day. That seemed to help a lot.

Thanks for the encouragement. Not totally sure I'm down for the sauna/cold shower deal...quite yet. But no telling what the next few days will bring.

Ohhh. One thing for sure, when this surf rod gets finished, next up will be a pack fly rod for Alaska - the one I'll plan to use this fall after pulling a bear tag for POW in next weeks draw!!!!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The best thinking right now is to lay off exercise during Covid and return to exercise slowly afterwards...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/...ery-complications-clots-heart-lungs.html

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Brad
The best thinking right now is to lay off exercise during Covid and return to exercise slowly afterwards...

Thanks Brad. I've carefully read the article and will search for validation/confirmation in other, credible, publications. There's enough there to warrant further investigation.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, how'd a big, strong, ugly, red headed bastard like you catch it ??

Glad you're on the mend.

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

that's what a nurse friend told me. Continue walking , light weight workouts a few days a week. Im a dumb stubborn schit though. I was back at work a week after my hip replacements.

man you lose strength fast after 50. getting Covid man teats lol

Last edited by ribka; 02/10/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

that's what a nurse friend told me. Continue walking , light weight workouts a few days a week. Im a dumb stubborn schit though. I was back at work a week after my hip replacements.

I lifted (circuit with no rest between rounds) the morning of the day I first noticed symptoms (late in the day/night). 4 days later I started back lifting (circuit with no rest) and really couldn't tell I'd been sick. Heavy cardio the next day, felt fine. The effects vary so much between people.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I lifted (circuit with no rest between rounds) the morning of the day I first noticed symptoms (late in the day/night). 4 days later I started back lifting (circuit with no rest) and really couldn't tell I'd been sick. Heavy cardio the next day, felt fine. The effects vary so much between people.

congrats on quick recovery

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
2 weeks since I caught covid and did an easy pace 3 miles today. A little weak and coughed up some crap but not too bad.

Sorry mate, I hope you're back in good health.

Arise America...
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I seem to be symptom free as of the last day or so. Wifeo who also tested positive is somewhat better but still tires easily.

Not only the surf rod got finished, but the fly rod as well, and now I'm working on a "float" rod for salmon/steelhead. 9' Spinning rod. 3 days to the draw results for AK.

Tomorra I believe I'll start back in on the exercise again, building back slowly.

We are blessed, and have much to look forward to.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:1

Amen...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Amen

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
in my county if you're under the age of 60 you have a 0.08% chance of death if you are diagnosed with it of death. keep in mind that leaves out the undiagnosed. what that means is the death rate is really close to your chance of death by drowning at some point in your life. I hear these stories of people in their 40's dying. but the truth is the numbers say its very very rare for that to happen.

go put your 3 masks on then covtard

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

go put your 3 masks on then covtard

Out of line Ribka. I agree with the statistics, but at the end of the day you have to understand that this has affected different people and their families differently. Some have lost their fathers, mothers, siblings, etc because of this garbage and millions of people around the world are dead. Easy for you to be an insensitive prick playing keyboard commando

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,210 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,490
Posts18,509,026
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.