Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
been a while but i remember splitting one of those with my old man in the bars when i was a kid. i got quite the education traveling around the little coal mine town bars with him in the 60's. pigs feet, pickled eggs, sardines, stewarts sandwiches, bar pizza's, parodi cigars and lots of cussing.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Even Catfish having a rough time. LOL

His reasons are my reasons. I've never been the least tempted to try them.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Pickled pork hocks have more meat.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I don’t know which would be worse between
Vienna sausages and the pigs feet.
Both make me nauseous just thinking about them.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't get it. Had one when I was a kid. It was just a pickle thing to gnaw on. Never got any meat off it. So I gave up.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Pig's feet and tripe soup with hot sauce. Perfect on a cold day.[Linked Image]

yum

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I just remembered that Slavyanka sent me on a quest for pigs feet before Ukrainian Orthodox Christmas. They use it to make Holodets, a jellied meat dish made with pigs feet, chicken legs, and stew beef. It’s considered a delicacy and is a must-have for Christmas Day.

The pigs feet and chicken legs are slow cooked so that the cartilage breaks down and makes the gelatine for the dish.

So, if you’ve eaten Jello, you’ve eaten beef and pigs feet. If you’ve ever used a packaged gravy mix, you’ve eaten beef and pigs feet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pig's feet and tripe soup with hot sauce. Perfect on a cold day.[Linked Image]
damn

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I just remembered that Slavyanka sent me on a quest for pigs feet before Ukrainian Orthodox Christmas. They use it to make Holodets, a jellied meat dish made with pigs feet, chicken legs, and stew beef. It’s considered a delicacy and is a must-have for Christmas Day.

The pigs feet and chicken legs are slow cooked so that the cartilage breaks down and makes the gelatine for the dish.

So, if you’ve eaten Jello, you’ve eaten beef and pigs feet. If you’ve ever used a packaged gravy mix, you’ve eaten beef and pigs feet.

I lived and worked in Russia almost 4 years and holodtez was a fav of mine. Not a lot of pork up in Russia other than shashlik on the bbq. I miss New Years feasts

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t mind Holodets in small doses. It’s not a favourite.

You’ve probably had Shuba, too - “Herring under a blanket”. Salted herring layered into a cake of mashed potatoes, beets, onions and carrots.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You’ve probably had Shuba, too - “Herring under a blanket”. Salted herring layered into a cake of mashed potatoes, beets, onions and carrots.

oh yeh, many times and have made myself quite a bit, salat olivye ( your wife should know) is fav and make often and pelmeni, bliny with ikra ( salted fish eggs) , Napoleon tort, koreyskiy salat( spicy carrot salad), khachiy pouriy (Georgian cheese bread), mama liga ( Moldovan polenta) plov ( Uzbek rice, lamb dish) salat vinegret. (a pickled beet dish your wife should know), ukrayenski borsch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
been a while but i remember splitting one of those with my old man in the bars when i was a kid. i got quite the education traveling around the little coal mine town bars with him in the 60's. pigs feet, pickled eggs, sardines, stewarts sandwiches, bar pizza's, parodi cigars and lots of cussing.

You are bringing back memories.
Except it was my Pap, and the 70's.

Shuffle board, polka on the juke box, the endless towel in the pisser
that reeked. Paul Vogel ran the hotel in Mann's Choice the was
the main watering hole.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ribka

oh yeh, many times and have made myself quite a bit, salat olivye ( your wife should know) is fav and make often and pelmeni, bliny with ikra ( salted fish eggs) , Napoleon tort, koreyskiy salat( spicy carrot salad), khachiy pouriy (Georgian cheese bread), mama liga ( Moldovan polenta) plov ( Uzbek rice, lamb dish) salat vinegret. (a pickled beet dish your wife should know), ukrayenski borsch.

All of those (except the beet dishes blush ) make my mouth water. Some similarity between Russian cuisine and that of northern Greece.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ribka

All of those (except the beet dishes blush ) make my mouth water. Some similarity between Russian cuisine and that of northern Greece.

Yes, I know all of them. She has plans to make salat olivye this week. And she insists on baking her beets and carrots for most dishes, rather than boiling.

Kolofardos, it’s really a small world. The Caucasus region of the continent seems to take the best from so many other regions - the Middle East, Mongolia, the Stans, the Finns and the Mediterranean,

It also occurred to me recently that the American-style steel drum bbq is really just a Tandoor without the insulating factor of the clay brick. Which could be duplicated with a proper insulation blanket. I’m going to make that my next bbq project.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by mooshoo
the Vienna sausages are good too out hunting, i like to call em boy dinks in a can, my sister freaks when i say that! i told my nephew that if he didn't go to church his dink would end up in a can, my sister hates me!

monkey dicks.

Rog, its "Affenpimmel" in German. Try that next time. They will think you refined and polite company.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by rem141r

You are bringing back memories.
Except it was my Pap, and the 70's.

Shuffle board, polka on the juke box, the endless towel in the pisser
that reeked. Paul Vogel ran the hotel in Mann's Choice the was
the main watering hole.

you remember the basement bar in the union hotel? not the yuppy one that they made it into a while back but the way it was in the 60/s/70's. my old man called it the Stag bar. they had those disgusting towel rolls and the giant urinal that was about 8 feet wide and all the way down to the floor. we'd take the willys for lumber up at everett hardwood and lumber and then hit the legion, juniata hotel, the surf room and the stag bar. if we were out the other way, we'd hit shortys up on sideling hill and the wildwood down in breezewood. i loved it because i got a pop in every joint. we'd then go back to camp and build stuff while he pounded stoneys all day. good times, good times.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 3,088 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,961
Posts18,519,472
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.