Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Who cares? What I want to know is when or if whoever bought the ammo business have started or will start mass producing ammo and primers again.

JFC, you're a bitterman.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm not sure why people fawn over an M700. Nothing endearing or high tech about that action. Its design was based off ease of manufacturing and cost, not performance. Seldom are those actions straight, horrible triggers, janky bolt release, junk extractor, brazed bolt handle....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep a complete POS, that's why they have sold over 5,000,000 of them

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LGS rumors.

I was at the LGS the other day and we talked primers.

The guy told be that some of the chemicals used to make priming compound are imported from China(of course) and are also used around to world to make hand sanitizer and other COVID related schit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by steve4102; 02/11/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd say there isn't much left to innovate for the most part. All new designs are just tweaks of old.

Have you seen what Keltec has been up to the last few years?

Nope. I only start looking when I have a need. I"m not an impulse buyer at all it seems. And 870s and 700s have worked fine over the years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by steve4102
LGS rumors.

The guy told be that some of the chemicals used to make priming compound are imported from China(of course) and are also used around to world to make hand sanitizer and other COVID related schit.

Thoughts?

Having researched primer compounds I don't think thats more than a rumor. But you never know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In the write up I read, Roundhill got the factory in NY and a barrel factory somewhere else. Visat got the Remingtion trade mark and accessory business. So if RH wants to call them Remingtons they're gonna have to pay Vista.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm not sure why people fawn over an M700. Nothing endearing or high tech about that action. Its design was based off ease of manufacturing and cost, not performance. Seldom are those actions straight, horrible triggers, janky bolt release, junk extractor, brazed bolt handle....

Which has worked fine for so many for years.

You only need what you need. I've not seen one not capable of MOA accuracy ever. I"ve not seen one with the old triggers that couldn't be worked to a decent pull. Even a dangerous pull if you were stupid.

Now some day I may see or feel the need for more. At that point factory probably won't cut it.

FWIW last 700 I paid used 250 for. pulled the factory tube off. Put a cheap shilen on. Didn't true a thing. Shoots around .5 moa on out towards 600 that way. The previous barrel easy shot MOA to about 400 as far as I played with it. Did replace the trigger since it was one of those doctored up newer ones that need much more than adjustment though.

Bottom line the rifle as purchased with a cheap Nikon on it and not bedded would kill deer all day at 300 easily. Beyond that many have no business trying.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The 870 is similarly a budget job, a cost-cutter, and while the "Express" is more so than the Wingmaster or Police models, the 870 has always been like a hammer among tools. It's thick, crude, and obtuse with nothing that really endears it to one's sensibilities. I don't mean that a gun has to be a dandy to be endearing, but what's there to love about a 1/2" 13 tpi bolt? It's just a piece of hardware. If it's well made, it will do its job well, but who would be satisfied with that, much less excited about it?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Even though their advertising is back but I'll bet it will be a while before the actual products start coming out the door.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Rost495, compare a Remington action to any of the newer actions on the market from Sako, Tikka, Kimber, Barrett, Bergara, etc. and explain to me Remington's virtues....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
LGS rumors.

Thoughts?

there is largley a lot of truth in that, and it doesn't stop at Primers. I am willing to bet that a lot of the raw materials for Primers, Powder and Bullets are imported. COvid shut downs and and shipping restrictions are probably a large aprt fo the scaricy of ammo and componens. I have no doubt companies are cranking out as much as they can. that ability may also be hampered by regulatory COvid restrictions involving maximum numbers of personnel on any shift.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by drover
Even though their advertising is back but I'll bet it will be a while before the actual products start coming out the door.

drover

Seems like a waste of money to advertise with no intentions of manufacturing product relatively soon. Maybe its just me. lol

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LGS rumors.

Thoughts?

Is this straight from your diary, Steve? Thanks for being real

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BobBrown
LGS rumors.

Thoughts?

Is this straight from your diary, Steve? Thanks for being real

Morning Travis, how’s the hangover today.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Who cares? What I want to know is when or if whoever bought the ammo business have started or will start mass producing ammo and primers again.

A major online retailer had Remington turkey ammo for sale within the past couple weeks. The new owner probably is prioritizing production at the Loanoke plant. Probably will crank out STS and other target loads for the summer once they take care of their turkey ammo orders.

Haven't seen their rifle ammo available lately, so my only guess is that they're probably producing .223 ammo at record pace but it's disappearing into a black hole of demand.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by old_boots

Well said and so, so true. NY is not the place for any firearms company. I wish I could get out of here myself... What's keeping me you ask? Family and being almost old...

That’s what was keeping us there for too long. Finally left a couple of pretty good jobs, a beautiful home, and told the family, “It’s all yours. Goodbye.” Almost old? I was 71 when we left.

If family wants to see us, they know where we are.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The supply chain is phuqued. It’s is not just primers and powder. You can’t even get furniture and appliances in less than six months.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Rost495, compare a Remington action to any of the newer actions on the market from Sako, Tikka, Kimber, Barrett, Bergara, etc. and explain to me Remington's virtues....

It’s very easy to improve them.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

We get it. Remingtons are junk. I am curious why so many small semi custom gun makers have copied it almost exactly. If they didn't copy the 700 then it was pre 64 model 70. Man are these guys stupid.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.