-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last summer I damn near had a "texting trucker" put me in the ditch. After I cleaned the schidit out of my pants I passed him and he was [bleep] with his iPad as it rested on his steering wheel.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've personally seen more than a few cops texting and driving on my old commute to work. One was the day after MN cracked down hard on it.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by greydog
I know of more people who have been killed by texting drivers than by drinking drivers. GD

See it all the time on the road. Amazing stupidity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I never understood the popularity of texting. If I want to talk to someone I know I just call them.
EXACTLY!!!!!

It has its place, when you're in situations where talking is not possible, try talking on a Ph when you're on a location with multiple big diesel engines running 24-7 and you have to wear hearing protection, or you're in a meeting, theater, etc. If I'm driving I simply pull over and text for the simple reason I don't want to get in a voice conversation with someone who's going to run on and on.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I text and drive all the time.

Something is loose in your head.

Last edited by Blacktail308; 02/12/21.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There’s no fuggin excuse for texting and driving. Siri has a feature now that you can use to text via voice command.

Texting drivers nowadays probably kill as many folks as drunk drivers.
Asswipe should get a long jail sentence for vehicular manslaughter at the very least. He should be in jail, and loose his drivers license FOREVER.

Sure, the little girls family will probably get a big ole payday from the Trucking Company.
But it damn sure won’t bring her back.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was driving the Big Rig, about once every hour I would see somebody doing something really stupid. I 10 Texas, speed limit 70, a car in the left lane doing 55.
As I passed them in the right lane, I saw they were texting on the Iphone.

Somebody ahead swerving 3 feet across the lane divider. I could look in the window and see they were texting. It is easy to look into a car from up high in the big rig, and it is difficult to look into the big rig from a car..

Then, yes the next guy getting stupid I could see he was holding a 25 ounce Budweiser. But for every driving dumb ass I saw who I could tell was drunk, I saw 10 who were texting. The texting driver is just as dangerous as the drunk.
And 8 out of 10 texting drivers were female, between age of 20 and 45. These young females don't need a holster for their Iphone, they never let it out of their hand.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
I text and drive all the time.

Something is loose in your head.

I can also switch zones and channels while doing 100mph.

And answer questions.

And sip water.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
There’s no fuggin excuse for texting and driving. Siri has a feature now that you can use to text via voice command.

Asswipe should get a long jail sentence for vehicular manslaughter at the very least. He should be in jail, and loose his drivers license FOREVER.

Sure, the little girls family will probably get a big ole payday from the Trucking Company.

What do you do before you tell Siri to send that message?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
When I was driving the Big Rig, about once every hour I would see somebody doing something really stupid. I 10 Texas, speed limit 70, a car in the left lane doing 55.

Somebody ahead swerving 3 feet across the lane divider. I could look in the window and see they were texting. It is easy to look into a car from up high in the big rig, and it is difficult to look into the big rig from a car..

Then, yes the next guy getting stupid I could see he was holding a 25 ounce Budweiser. But for every driving dumb ass I saw who I could tell was drunk, I saw 10 who were texting. The texting driver is just as dangerous as the drunk.
And 8 out of 10 texting drivers were female, between age of 20 and 45. These young females don't need a holster for their Iphone, they never let it out of their hand.

Millennial males are just as bad. If you took away their IPhone, they couldn’t function.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What do you do before you tell Siri to send that message?

You say send it. I don’t need to look at the fuggin screen. If it sends a fuqked up message, too bad. They’ll figure it out or call me. I don’t have time to read texts while driving. They’re not that damn important. If they are, they can call me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You say send it. I don’t need to look at the fuggin screen. If it sends a fuqked up message, too bad. They’ll figure it out or call me. I don’t have time to read texts while driving. They’re not that damn important. If they are, they can call me.

You don't have time to text while driving but you use Siri to send texts while driving?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You don't have time to text while driving but you use Siri to send texts while driving?

I said there was no excuse when you could use Siri instead. But every one knows you just post here just to argue and up your post count.

But please be careful while texting, drinking and driving on your little man bun scooter on your next beer run. Which is probably in about 5 minutes. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I said there was no excuse when you could use Siri instead. But every one knows you just post here just to argue and up your post count.

But please be careful while texting, drinking and driving on your little man bun scooter on your next beer run. Which is probably in about 5 minutes. 😜

My apologies for pointing out that you're full of schit.

Again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
He is in a heap of trouble.

He should be.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

And rightly so!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My apologies for pointing out that you're full of schit.

Again.

I bet you never lose an argument. With yourself. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I try and keep conversations within the confines of reality.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RS308MX

And rightly so!

Yeah.

Because the DA said so.

LOL

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (260madman, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,171
Posts18,503,187
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.