Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I almost never buy any wine other than Cabs. But I like the Franzia Dark Red Blend a bit better than the Franzia Cab. Have you tried it?

Dark Red Blend

Yes, and their Chillable Red and Merlot. I'm a occasional wine drinker and prefer a good Cab especially with steak or burger. Sometimes a Merlot too.

Have a good friend who belongs to a wine club and he's been pretty generous with some imported reds from France and Italy.

I sampled both the Franzia Cab and their DRB again side-by-side last night, and, while the Cab is good, the DRB definitely is richer and heavier on flavor, which is what I like.

One cool thing about the boxed wine is that you can open up several at a time and, since they don't go bad for many weeks, you don't have to finish one bottle before switching around to others as desired.

For bottled wine, I always go for a Rodney Strong Cab if I can find it. I actually like their appx. $14 Cab better than their $30 Cab and, I think better than any other wine I can get at any price.

No white wine for me, unless there's literally nothing else to drink. My former firm started serving white wine only for a bit at their events and happy hours to spare all of the carpet stains. I told the managing partner just to get red carpet installed and move back to sanity.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Where is our Brother, Birdwatcher ?

This is his bailiwick.

Come forth and report in.

Motel 6

buying a hot shower

โ€œdate nightโ€ with a hot 17 18 year old.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MtnHtr

I almost never buy any wine other than Cabs. But I like the Franzia Dark Red Blend a bit better than the Franzia Cab. Have you tried it?

Dark Red Blend

Yes, and their Chillable Red and Merlot. I'm a occasional wine drinker and prefer a good Cab especially with steak or burger. Sometimes a Merlot too.

Have a good friend who belongs to a wine club and he's been pretty generous with some imported reds from France and Italy.

I sampled both the Franzia Cab and their DRB again side-by-side last night, and, while the Cab is good, the DRB definitely is richer and heavier on flavor, which is what I like.

One cool thing about the boxed wine is that you can open up several at a time and, since they don't go bad for many weeks, you don't have to finish one bottle before switching around to others as desired.

For bottled wine, I always go for a Rodney Strong Cab if I can find it. I actually like their appx. $14 Cab better than their $30 Cab and, I think better than any other wine I can get at any price.

No white wine for me, unless there's literally nothing else to drink. My former firm started serving white wine only for a bit at their events and happy hours to spare all of the carpet stains. I told the managing partner just to get red carpet installed and move back to sanity.

If you're paying $30.00 for a Cab, there's a good chance it's not ready to be opened yet, and needs to lay for a few years so the tannins can mellow and provide a better drinking experience.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny reading this sitting here in communist Pa.
The government owns all liquor stores and no one else
is allowed to compete. Wine falls under their control.

Beer, is sold by distributes and bars. In the last 10 years other
retailer have managed to get into the beer business.

An acquaintance owns a distributer.
He was recently running an ad announcing their new line
of

"Fermented Fruit Drinks"
"We aren't allowed to sell wine, but you will like
these fermented beverages in convient boxes."

And it's ok, as long as it's not wine!

๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•

Gotta love it!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If you're paying $30.00 for a Cab, there's a good chance it's not ready to be opened yet, and needs to lay for a few years so the tannins can mellow and provide a better drinking experience.

I looked up the proper timeframe on WineSpectator, and it was well past the beginning period.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222ND, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,628
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.