-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might be difficult to ban Disney in a home with kids but in the long run it might be the right thing to do. They may get a little less liberal programming, and in today's world, hopefully it makes a difference. Unfortunately, the propaganda comes from so many different angles now. You have to pick your battles. Our parents had it a lot easier when we were kids. We had 3 channels on TV. Between school, sports and work, I probably watched 4 hours of TV a week tops. Today's it's a full time job keeping the brainwashing from kids. At a MINIMUM I would keep them away from the major network shows. Those are a cesspool of liberal "values" and a battlefield of social engineering. Good luck.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey RIP Van Winkle, I Jimmy Olsen'd Gina yesterday, sleepy.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Might be difficult to ban Disney in a home with kids but in the long run it might be the right thing to do. They may get a little less liberal programming, and in today's world, hopefully it makes a difference. Unfortunately, the propaganda comes from so many different angles now. You have to pick your battles. Our parents had it a lot easier when we were kids. We had 3 channels on TV. Between school, sports and work, I probably watched 4 hours of TV a week tops. Today's it's a full time job keeping the brainwashing from kids. At a MINIMUM I would keep them away from the major network shows. Those are a cesspool of liberal "values" and a battlefield of social engineering. Good luck.

Disney owns ABC, ESPN, and the History channel.

For starters.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont watch TV.
And even when I did, ESPN wasnt a channel to be viewed.

Fiddy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Yep. They get it from all sides these days.

We might watch a nature or science-related show once a month around my house for the 8 year old, but it's probably not even that often,and even those can be horribly leftist. My wife does early childhood development so the no TV policy being a mutual decision is no problemo.

IC B2

Fiddy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

For starters.

Ya those networks are garbage, easy pass.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fiddy

For starters.

Ya those networks are garbage, easy pass.

They also own The Simpsons and all of Marvel film productions.

And Star Wars.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Disney is The Devil Mouse.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Limiting your child's exposure to social conditioning is worth the effort. Better yet balance the exposure by giving them opportunities to access real history, reading to them from the age appropriate classics and discussing current events is essential.Parents need to realize that children are learning machines but must develop critical thinking skills through exposure to the truth so that they can recognize BS when seen. Question authority and seek the truth that can be proven, is the mantra of our family through many generations.

#goodparentingisjobone

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm pretty sure a person can keep their kids on the straight and narrow without denying them access to Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, The HIstory Channel, the Simpsons, ABC, the NFL, the NHL, the NBA, ESPN, YouTube, cellular service providers, internet providers, cable television, and Wal-Mart.

And call me crazy, but if you denied all these things to a developing mind and explained your reasoning, I'm pretty sure they would end up hating you and opposing everything you stand for.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Disney and Disney Studios has a history of hiring kid fûckers, then protecting the ones that make them big box office coin.

Bryan Singer comes to mind, most recently.

The Mouseketeer’s was a feeding playground for pedos.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9gO_i8B-g&feature=youtu.be

Y'all ban Disney from your households yet or nah?

I love Gina but do you have any idea how difficult it would be to ban Disney from my house?

Maybe consult the man of the house? You're welcome. smile

wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9gO_i8B-g&feature=youtu.be

Y'all ban Disney from your households yet or nah?

Done.

Tarquin
Fiddy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm pretty sure a person can keep their kids on the straight and narrow without denying them access to Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, The HIstory Channel, the Simpsons, ABC, the NFL, the NHL, the NBA, ESPN, YouTube, cellular service providers, internet providers, cable television, and Wal-Mart.

And call me crazy, but if you denied all these things to a developing mind and explained your reasoning, I'm pretty sure they would end up hating you and opposing everything you stand for.

My 8 year old gets none of any of that at home, except a little online access for education. As time goes on he will get more and more access, but critically, the addiction will be missing from his brain due to the absence of those inputs through his formative years.

Sure, he sees plenty of it when at other people's houses and that's totally fine. He knows it's normal to them. But since he wasn't raised on it, he doesn't seek it or "miss" it.

Know what we didn't deny him? Real life. He knows his way around power tools better than many "men," he can milk goats, de-feather chickens, and butcher rabbits. He eats the animals he raises, nose to tail. He knows all about life and death. He climbs boulders for fun when it's freezing or raining. He builds fires and forts. Will he end up hating and opposing what I stand for? Time will tell, but I suspect not.

Last edited by Fiddy; 02/12/21.
Fiddy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Limiting your child's exposure to social conditioning is worth the effort. Better yet balance the exposure by giving them opportunities to access real history, reading to them from the age appropriate classics and discussing current events is essential.Parents need to realize that children are learning machines but must develop critical thinking skills through exposure to the truth so that they can recognize BS when seen. Question authority and seek the truth that can be proven, is the mantra of our family through many generations.

#goodparentingisjobone

mike r

Not only worth the effort, it may be the most worthwhile thing you do in your life. Good on you!

I lean heavily on questioning authority, too. Even my own authority.

Last edited by Fiddy; 02/12/21.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I didn't have Disney as a kid in the black and white TV era. We only had two channels. We played outside most of the time, including winter except on rainy days. Inside we played other stuff. Girls too. Sorry, but your kid can watch other channels etc.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My 8 year old gets none of any of that at home, except a little online access for education. As time goes on he will get more and more access, but critically, the addiction will be missing from his brain due to the absence of those inputs through his formative years.

Sure, he sees plenty of it when at other people's houses and that's totally fine. He knows it's normal to them. But since he wasn't raised on it, he doesn't seek it or "miss" it.

Know what we didn't deny him? Real life. He knows his way around power tools better than many "men," he can milk goats, de-feather chickens, and butcher rabbits. He eats the animals he raises, nose to tail. He knows all about life and death. He climbs boulders for fun when it's freezing or raining. He builds fires and forts. Will he end up hating and opposing what I stand for? Time will tell, but I suspect not.

How old are your other kids?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Not only worth the effort, it may be the most worthwhile thing you do in your life. Good on you!

I lean heavily on questioning authority, too. Even my own authority.

Interesting choice in residence.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Maybe consult the man of the house? You're welcome. smile

wink

Don't make me make fun of you for a week.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I didn't have Disney as a kid in the black and white TV era. We only had two channels. We played outside most of the time, including winter except on rainy days. Inside we played other stuff. Girls too. Sorry, but your kid can watch other channels etc.

Can you name these pro-Constitutional channels that my kids can watch?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (22250rem, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,252
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.