Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
JAZZ music is the worst crap I've ever heard - rather have a 7 yr. old girl scream in my ear.

That's my feeling on it, too.

Just awful. Is he trying to drive people insane? Is that the point of the exercise?

Nerve grating. eek

Is that his purpose?

People that don't get jazz usually can't do math in their head.

RIP Chick

mike r

mike , you do strike me as very - jazzy .

Do you say '' oh man i'm totally jazzed'' lol smile

Only when I am too stoked to come up w/ the gnarlyest quip.

I am pretty jazzy. You should listen to MDs "Bitches Brew" through Bose headphones from your Discman at 16k' in Tajikistan on a frigid night in your tent during a sheep hunt.

But then again, you probably wouldn't enjoy it...carry on

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I like certain sub-genres of music within all the major classifications. There's a lot of jazz I like, some not so much. My wife likes jazz a lot, maybe because she understands music, sings, plays a few instruments and did ballet for 30 years. Also, she's an accountant. She had her own jazz program on the local radio station when she was an undergraduate in college. She likes a certain narrow band of popular music too. Generally, when I'm in the truck alone is when I play '50's rock and roll/rockabilly, classic and Bakersfield C&W.....she doesn't care much for those.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The 2 cellos were fun

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
God Speed!

[Linked Image from miro.medium.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EdM
I enjoyed Return to Forever's music long ago. Boy, it's been a while.

I will be spinning my RTF Romantic Warrior vinyl in the morning; epic music. Chick,Al DiMeola and Stanley Jordan; lots of talent.
Saw Chick and Al live once; genius.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rufous
The 2 cellos were fun

Yep, here is a nearly X rated version of Moonlight Sonata This woman as some seriously LONG legs.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzWDs26YL9Y

Their home page.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2chellos

Please don't feed the trolls!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by EdM

I will be spinning my RTF Romantic Warrior vinyl in the morning; epic music. Chick,Al DiMeola and Stanley Jordan; lots of talent.

Bassist was Stanley Clark, who I saw "solo" with George Duke in the 80's (Concord Pavilion California maybe ten miles from my house). Indeed, crazy talent with that bunch.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My mom was a music teacher she liked him.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by EdM

Bassist was Stanley Clark, who I saw "solo" with George Duke in the 80's (Concord Pavilion California maybe ten miles from my house). Indeed, crazy talent with that bunch.

Yes, thanks for the correction.
And; Chick was truly nice person.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the early 1970s, most people I knew had Chick Corea albums [remember record players?]

I never bought a Chick Corea album, but I was forced to listen at other people's houses.

It sounds like a contrived jazz mess to me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sometimes the process of understanding certain music leads to much appreciation, even if one does not favor or "like" that type. I have played and deeply enjoyed many forms of jazz, and have listened to CC from his most early notices. Although I had a lot of other musical involvements and responsibilities and time was in short supply, I studied the inner workings of Return to Forever, Weather Report, MD Bitches Brew and other such work in an effort to grasp what those excellent musicians were stating. CC and almost all of his compadres were excellent players, and i especially appreciated his playing. But, the Fusion concept did not sing well to me and was of lower appeal - tar from my favorite listening or playing. CC was highly trained and disciplined, and an immense musical talent - I regret that he is gone.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I was introduced to his music through his collaboration with Bela Fleck. The guy was an amazing musician.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
JAZZ music is the worst crap I've ever heard - rather have a 7 yr. old girl scream in my ear.

That's my feeling on it, too.

Just awful. Is he trying to drive people insane? Is that the point of the exercise?

Nerve grating. eek

Is that his purpose?

That was definitely not one of his best works.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CCCC
Sometimes the process of understanding certain music leads to much appreciation, even if one does not favor or "like" that type. I have played and deeply enjoyed many forms of jazz, and have listened to CC from his most early notices. Although I had a lot of other musical involvements and responsibilities and time was in short supply, I studied the inner workings of Return to Forever, Weather Report, MD Bitches Brew and other such work in an effort to grasp what those excellent musicians were stating. CC and almost all of his compadres were excellent players, and i especially appreciated his playing. But, the Fusion concept did not sing well to me and was of lower appeal - tar from my favorite listening or playing. CC was highly trained and disciplined, and an immense musical talent - I regret that he is gone.

Well said.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Only when I am too stoked to come up w/ the gnarlyest quip.

I am pretty jazzy. You should listen to MDs "Bitches Brew" through Bose headphones from your Discman at 16k' in Tajikistan on a frigid night in your tent during a sheep hunt.

But then again, you probably wouldn't enjoy it...carry on

mike r

My wife just doesn't have an ear for Jazz. She does enjoy a lot of it, and god knows living with me she gets to hear a lot of it. Frequently, I will be listening to something and say to her I can hear so and so playing this right now with whoever happens to be playing what I am listening to and it makes her a little crazy because she knows what I am talking about but cannot process that addition to the music.

Do you have the complete four record/cd set of Bitches Brew? That whole collection is best taken in context and not just the single album released originally. It is one whole extended "conversation" between the players and sheds a lot of light on that music as a whole piece. It's hard to find, but really well worth the effort.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#HeDed

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.