Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Something is seriously wrong when a gun owning enthusiast complains about ammunition shortages and high prices,
when he already has literally, thousands of rounds in his possession - and bewails his need for more.

Folks - One Round of ammunition is akin to a good vitamin pill. One A Day should suffice.

There are days when once most certainly isn't enough. There are weekends when a thousand, isn't enough.

Who are you to say what I should or shouldn't do in my free time/spend my disposable income on?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Something is seriously wrong when a gun owning enthusiast complains about ammunition shortages and high prices,
when he already has literally, thousands of rounds in his possession - and bewails his need for more.

Folks - One Round of ammunition is akin to a good vitamin pill. One A Day should suffice.

There are days when once most certainly isn't enough. There are weekends when a thousand, isn't enough.

Who are you to say what I should or shouldn't do in my free time/spend my disposable income on?

That's what Fudds do.

They don't understand the concept of freedom, nor the addition of the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would try quality pellet pistol for practice. Less noise, no recoil, but can practice w/o leaving house/apartment. There is no need to stash thousands of rounds. The only exception might be some uncommon boutique caliber. For me that caliber is .300H&H. Happy to have plenty as now price is about 100€ per box of 20 when one can find some in stock. American-made is now unobtainium and stuff loaded in EU is very, very expensive.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Slavek
There is no need to stash thousands of rounds.

Ambient temp right now, -15F. What if I want to load ammo this time of year for shooting during the more temperate time of year? Between shotgun, rimfire, and centerfire a "summer" can be 2500-5000 rounds. I'm not "stashing" thousands of rounds. I'm loading them now when it's beastly cold out so that I don't have to waste time loading them when I could be shooting them when it's nice out.

Dad let me "help" him load shells when I got strong enough to "two-thumb" a primer into a case with a Lee Auto-Prime. Hunting and recreational shooting has been a hobby for me since my hands got big enough to reach the trigger on a High Standard Sport-King.

I didn't purchase any of my components or ammo during this shortage, or any of the previous shortages. I'm not about to apologize for having an adequate supply to continue to enjoy my life-long hobby. Moreover, I'm not about to start asking anyone's permission to pursue my hobby either.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Good god, stash thousands of rounds?

Its called stock up when cheap to ne able to shoot more for less.

Not uncommon to shoots hundreds of rounds....a damn week.

Esp if one does any competition.

Some people own guns. Some are gun people.
It appears that the know it alls from across the pond are the former and not latter.

STFU

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
As a punk kid i put 500 rounds through my dads Python in one weekend.

Considered it just a fun time, a little above avg.

Used to blast a couple hundred .44 mags per week when range was down the road from work.

Used to have shooting parties, cookouts, private ranges.
Went through a lot of ammo....back then.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Two kids w 1022s.......couple bricks a weekend LOL

Going to indoor range for an hour once every couple months.....nothing wrong with that. But that sure as fugg aint the way I grew up.

I was at the outdoor range all the time, trap, .22lr HP rifle and handgun, bow too. We had a pond I fished.

After college worked in same town, got married, had kids.....they fished abd shot at same club when little.

Lifestyle, not a hobby.

Thousands of rounds aint chit. Dont take nothing but a few good weather days to burn that up.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/13/21.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bperdue21
This was posted by a local gun shop. FWIW Last time I was in that shop he had the 9mm priced at $17.99/box one box limit and this was probably 3 weeks ago.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's just based on economic ignorance. The dealers have to price things with replacement cost in mind, regardless of what they paid for their current inventory.

Bullchit, they know more is coming and this will sell almost as quick as it would if it were $20/box so they figure why the hell not mark it up and make $20+ per box. I hope they go out of business for their shenannigans. Got to keep the lights on, pay rent, hourly wages....no you're just as bad as the scalper at the Flea Market, except you didn'y pay as much as he did for it and are making more profit. That's the great thing about capitalism, he has the right to charge what he wants as much as I have the right not to pay his stupid prices. I just get tired of the poor mouthing by dealers who are raping their loyal customers.

And then when they pay uber for the next pallet but the prices fall on the market you expect them to take a loss on what they had at uber prices.. there has to be middle ground. That or you need to get into the gun business and make a fortune

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
Good god, stash thousands of rounds?

Its called stock up when cheap to ne able to shoot more for less.

Not uncommon to shoots hundreds of rounds....a damn week.

Esp if one does any competition.

Some people own guns. Some are gun people.
It appears that the know it alls from across the pond are the former and not latter.

STFU

You had me at "know it alls".

I really like it when they tell me there is no Gun Control in the UK.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.