-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few scraps of memories from when I was 2 or 3. I remember that it had to be around that age because my dad started building the house of the rest of my childhood
before I turned 4.

Building a Lego tractor. My Dad shooing me away from his tape measure so I wouldn't cut myself on the blade (guess he was being super cautious), a Buck Owens looking toy guitar and red felt cowboy hat, falling backwards out of a wagon onto the concrete slab driveway (I split my head open twice back then and this was apparently one of those times)

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It's hard to know what I remember what I remember, and what I was told.

That is true. I don't really have a way of dating most things. I do remember, when I was somewhere between 2 and 3, the folks talking about the big fire in Newell that some kids set by being careless that took place. For something solid, I remember the plastic candle holder on the cake for my 4th birthday because it was in the shape of a 4.

Last edited by 5sdad; 02/16/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I have snippets of very early memories. I recall my mom holding me while she stood in the ocean. She was only waist deep but she had to hold me under my arms to keep me above water. 2 years old, maybe?

My dad drove heavy equipment and followed the jobs when I was very young. I lived on both coasts and many places in between before elementary school. I can remember the layout of an apartment we lived in when I was 3. I have lots of memories from there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember watching the steam locomotives go by the house. The front yard, dog house, fence, and porch of the house we live in Fort Worth. We moved when I was just over 3 yrs old, so it was before that.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dess
Mom putting leftovers on my plate before giving them to the dog. Apparently, the dog would refuse the same food if it didn't.

That little chihuahua was found starving in the mountains by my dad. She died standing between a husky and my brother. The owner fled with the dog before my dad could get his 30-06.

Another early memory for me has to do with a Chihuahua puppy my folks brought home shortly after I turned three. She was a tiny thing, and she was in a cardboard box. That dog lived till I was 21. She was finally put to sleep because she had finally lost all use of her hind legs at the age 18 years old.

I remember when she was very young she wandered over to our neighbor's yard, and our neighbor's four mutts (approximately 35 pounds each) chased her back to our yard, but our female German Shepherd intercepted them, and took all four of them on at once. It was a real knock down, drag out, till we could get them all separated. I was about six when that happened.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember making a snake out of modeling clay behind the couch...I was 2 at the time.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dunno if I was 2 yet.

I got sick with a high fever and my folks called the ambulance service. This was in England, late 1950’s. I remember being in the back of this dinky ambulance and a person wearing an ambulance service cap and uniform sitting by me.

Instead of a siren they had a bell they would ring, I recall that too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
getting hooked in the right eyebrow by a Guernsey cow my mom was milking. i was 2.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Possibly my earliest memory was being in my crib in a bedroom shared by my two uncles. I think I was about 1-1/2 year old. I guess I had seen a tomato worm that day, because shortly after they turned out the bedroom light I was standing up looking down at the floor and imagined that I saw several large black tomato worms about a foot long writhing around just beneath me on the floor, complete with the little horns on their heads. I considered them hideous creatures and started raising hell. I suppose I had a tendency to come up with words for things I had never seen, and I decided in an instant these things were "wha-wats." My elder uncle jumped out of bed and asked me what I was hollering about and I told him there were wha-wats on the floor. He turned on the light so I could see there were no wha-wats. Satisfied, I went to sleep after he turned the lights back off.

Many people I know can't remember times before they were seven or eight years old. I remember stuff from waaaaay back, and often get a chuckle out of some of the things I thought and did.

When I was three, I heard a sonic boom that my mom told me was caused by a jet flying over the house and breaking the sound barrier. I thought about it a while and figured that this sound barrier had to be nearby because it made such a racket when it hit the ground. I had no idea what it might look like, but I was certain I would recognize it when I saw it. My search of the front and back yards turned up nothing.

I remember hundreds of things from that stage of childhood. I wish they were all pleasant.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldman3
I remember watching the steam locomotives go by the house. The front yard, dog house, fence, and porch of the house we live in Fort Worth. We moved when I was just over 3 yrs old, so it was before that.

We lived next to the rail yard and would play on the parked steam locomotives, nobody cared, it’s not like someone could just start em up. Actually our moms cared, the locomotives were sooty, oily things plus we would climb on the piles of coal laying around, come home grimy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Hanging on to Dad’s left nut to keep from being shot into a black woman.

I have a very good memory.

Did it work? smile

Say whut , mf’kr ??

Grins

Well played. smile

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I remember watching my Mom hanging up clothes outside on the clothes line.We lived near an airport and remember watching the biplanes and triplanes flying around.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Coincidentally, hanco, one of several earliest memories was when I discovered my grandfather dead of a heart attack. He had apparently felt ill and gone out to the privy on the farm, where he was seated when I found him. I was three.

Same farm - Dad was blowing stumps with dynamite and right after one blast I ran up and fell into the hole headfirst. I can smell the smoke of the dynamite to this day. I was two, I think. I remember many things about that farm and my early years, too many to recount here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My younger sister was born in July a little more 23 months after I was. I could not have been much older than 2 years old because I was wearing swim trunks this day and in an attempt to "help" my mother I ran my hand and arm in a old ringer washing machine rollers while trying to wash my sister's diaper. My first of many trips to the emergency room in my life. I still have the scar on my inside of my right index finger where the rollers ripped the skin. I have a memory of my mother being pregnant with my sister, but I don't know if it is from a photo of her at the time or an actual memory.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember still living in West Virginia in the Late 1950's (born Dec 56) I remember a black and white cartoon the called Three little Indians. I remember a young girl who use to watch me named Kathy so according to my late mother I was able to remember as far back as being two years old, I remember meeting JFK when he came to Parkersburg in June 1960 when he was going after the Dem nomination. I remember Moving to California Pop had a brand new 1960 Chevy two door Bel Air and the U Haul trailer then getting stuck in a blizzard in Peach Springs Arizona old Route 66 having to spend the night there. I remember JFK getting Shot and they sent us home from School once in California. Fuqk now I'm an old man what the fuqk happened. Time waits for know one.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Backing out of our driveway in an open top Jeep and the feeling of driving in the open air. Dad was driving, so I must have been in my mother's lap. I was two.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A few years ago I told my Mom that I remember standing in my crib in the hospital and she tried to sneak past the door of the room to go home for the night. I saw her red jacket and freaked out that she was leaving. My Mom was surprised and said "how do you remember that??? You were only one!"

I was in the hospital with life threatening pneumonia.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I remember my Mom changing my diaper. I looked down there and thought “I’m gonna be really popular with the girls.”

Sitting in a white rocking chair at 2 years old. 61 now.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I remember running around wearing cloth diapers in those little white shoes they used to make toddlers wear, Also remember sitting on a potty training seat that looked like I was riding a horse. Still use it to this day and my diapers are now disposable depends. Laundry service won't take adult cloth diapers.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.