Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I'm thinking I can put my wall tent stove to work.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

fugly, but effective. not a long term solution. keep an extinguisher handy! grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rev 7:1 ¶ After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

Here's one to consider. A time is coming, no one knows when or for how long, when there will be no wind anywhere on earth. Hot places will keep getting hotter as there will be no wind to move the hot air away, likewise cold places will get much colder. Of course no windmills will turn. Places with air pollution will get a lot worse with no air circulation. Air stagnation will be the rule. Earth's entire weather pattern will radically change as mixing of temps and moisture will stop. Plant growth is very dependent on wind to move pollen from plant to plant. The bees don't do it all, for sure. Many of our crops won't get pollinated and won't grow. Without seeds or plant growth, many animals will face starvation.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Awesome?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

Yep, petroleum products being sprayed to get them running again.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But it's an electric helicopter, right?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Have you seen any of the videos that have dozens of them speaking the same script ?

I have. Only a literal handful of people decide what the "news" is going to be for the day, for every "news" outlet out there.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nothing inherently wrong with wind generation.

I dont understand why natural gas has been so cheap for so long though.

Unnaturally cheap.

I think it's funny that people will piss and moan about how dirty the oil sands are....but want coal power and nothing else.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The al gore, sodom Hussain 0bumma wind turbines around the country are as reliable as this after rain and a freeze. The video and short article points this out from Texas. These have gone in all around the country to replace coal plants.
Thoughts?

https://www.infowars.com/posts/un-backed-great-reset-turns-off-texas-power/

Oh, FFS, there’s wind turbines all over the bleeping foothills around here, none of them ever “freeze” and we get a good bit colder than just 0.

The problem is Texans operating wind turbines, not wind turbines.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
The al gore, sodom Hussain 0bumma wind turbines around the country are as reliable as this after rain and a freeze. The video and short article points this out from Texas. These have gone in all around the country to replace coal plants.
Thoughts?

Oh, FFS, there’s wind turbines all over the bleeping foothills around here, none of them ever “freeze” and we get a good bit colder than just 0.

A "there I feel better about myself" response from someone who doesn't truly know jack about what he's being an expert on...........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You foreigners go back where you came from. We made it just fine before y’all showed up. A country boy will survive. GFY
God Bless Texas

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thoughts?

OK wise guy how often do you get freezing rain? Snow is not the problem in Texas it is the "wintery mix". By the way I was born in Idaho and between the Mormons and liberals crapping up Idaho I think Texas is a better place presently.

Last edited by rickt300; 02/16/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nothing inherently wrong with wind generation.

I dont understand why natural gas has been so cheap for so long though.

Unnaturally cheap.

I think it's funny that people will piss and moan about how dirty the oil sands are....but want coal power and nothing else.

Coal is reliable and Wind is not, it is as simple as that.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Wind+generation+controversy%3F&t=newext&atb=v250-1&ia=web

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Awesome?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

Is that chopper powered by diesel or fairy dust?

Wind. Don't you see the propeller? 😁

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Rev 7:1 ¶ After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

Here's one to consider. A time is coming, no one knows when or for how long, when there will be no wind anywhere on earth. Hot places will keep getting hotter as there will be no wind to move the hot air away, likewise cold places will get much colder. Of course no windmills will turn. Places with air pollution will get a lot worse with no air circulation. Air stagnation will be the rule. Earth's entire weather pattern will radically change as mixing of temps and moisture will stop. Plant growth is very dependent on wind to move pollen from plant to plant. The bees don't do it all, for sure. Many of our crops won't get pollinated and won't grow. Without seeds or plant growth, many animals will face starvation.

What makes you think that a time is coming when there will be no wind, anywhere?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
Thoughts?

OK wise guy how often do you get freezing rain? Snow is not the problem in Texas it is the "wintery mix". By the way I was born in Idaho and between the Mormons and liberals crapping up Idaho I think Texas is a better place presently.

Yeah, I’ve spent time in Texas, you can have it.

There’s lots of turbines in a heck of a lot more severe environments than West Texas. The ones on the Columbia river gorge are still spinning, and Portland got about an inch of freezing rain in the last few days. The ones in Denmark are still going, in salt water, gale winds and last week’s record cold snap.

It ain’t the turbines, it’s the Texans.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

That's some insight coming from a Rock Chuck.
Even Mr. Owl could learn something from that.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/16/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro

What makes you think that a time is coming when there will be no wind, anywhere?

The rest of what John was told is correct.
Why not these end times prophecies?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Is Texas hooked to the national grid??

Southern Co. could be sending power that way to help boost their grid if it was.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Most of the power generated from the place in Mcadoo TX goes to Louisiana or so i have been told.

The same can be said for most all of the large projects,solar as well.

It don't stay in Texas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"It isn't the turbines," is correct. Our wind turbines here in the north are equipped and outfitted for cold weather operation. Electric heat in the nacelle and to the blades to get the ice to drop off, etc. I haven't heard of a wind farm outage in this region, but its possible. Whether it makes sense to outfit southern wind farms with cold weather packages on their turbines is something for people in those locations to decide.

I think one issue is that the extreme cold caused by high pressure domes is usually accompanied by still air. Wind was nonexistent; still here all weekend long but started to blow from the SE yesterday. Most people don't know that the prevailing wind is actually SE rather than NW.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Is Texas hooked to the national grid??

Southern Co. could be sending power that way to help boost their grid if it was.

Mike

There are three grids in the USA. East, West and Texas. They are connected ,but not in sync with each other. Power is transferred between the three with large Converter/Inverter units to sync them to 0 degree for transfer. This limits the amount of wattage to be transferred between grids. This is left over from the Cold War era when the EMP from an atomic bomb wasn't large enough or the missiles having enough range to disable the entire 48 states. That way one grid could have been used to jump start the effected grids.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,054
Posts18,521,335
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.