Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I remember my mom and sister stopped on the road and got a turtle for me, I was 5 and thrilled beyond belief.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😂🦫

He was lucky, very, very, lucky!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember sitting in the bathtub with my mom. I felt embarrassed and tried not to look at her. I was 3-4 years old. My youngest brother claims he can remember being in our mom's womb. grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
When I was about 3 I ended up damn near losing my arm in one of those ringer washing machines.

My earliest memory was visiting every day with a woman at the hospital whose baby was in an oxygen tent. She gave me a BIG bag of candy the day I went home.

did the same with one of those washers, just had to stick my fingers in it, lol they had to take it apart to get my arm out.

I remember it banging against my face. I’m sure I was screaming my ass off. Today this day, I hate seeing them old things in junk shops.

I guess I’m not the only one that didn’t listen.

Last edited by hanco; 02/16/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christmas 1941 - about age 2,5 - remember some items and events from that Christmas and soon thereafter.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the earliest is being lifted out of my kindergarten desk by a nun's fingernails in the top of my ear.

Like rene said, it's no wonder I hate people in general.

Grandpa was nice, he took us across the street to the bar for Shirley Temples.

Probably why I liked bars for too long.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Watching my father and uncle installing plumbing and fixtures. I asked my uncle something, don't remember what, but do remember whatever he said had nothing to do with my question. I was standing near his lead pot, well away from the house and across a gravel driveway/parking area. Years later I asked my parents what year they got plumbing; they said summer of '59, but I think they must have been off by a a year as I would not have been quite one year old, doubt I would have been walking much then.

Dale

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by hanco
When I was about 3 I ended up damn near losing my arm in one of those ringer washing machines.

My earliest memory was visiting every day with a woman at the hospital whose baby was in an oxygen tent. She gave me a BIG bag of candy the day I went home.

did the same with one of those washers, just had to stick my fingers in it, lol they had to take it apart to get my arm out.

I remember it banging against my face. I’m sure I was screaming my ass off. Today this day, I hate seeing them old things in junk shops.

Apparently I broke the machine. It squeezed a big bubble up to my elbow and when I went to my mother and she touched it, it burst. I soaked 10 dishtowels with blood on the way to the hospital and it took 63 stitches and a skin graft to close it up.

Arm was pretty much useless and they didn't have physiotherapy back then. My best friend's parents signed me up for hockey (goalie) and baseball. Learning to catch a ball in a glove eventually brought back full use of the arm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Playing "slap jack" with Mom at 2yrs old.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco

Apparently I broke the machine. It squeezed a big bubble up to my elbow and when I went to my mother and she touched it, it burst. I soaked 10 dishtowels with blood on the way to the hospital and it took 63 stitches and a skin graft to close it up.

Arm was pretty much useless and they didn't have physiotherapy back then. My best friend's parents signed me up for hockey (goalie) and baseball. Learning to catch a ball in a glove eventually brought back full use of the arm.
I was lucky, the arm was just black and blue.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waking up and noting it was 06:15 this morning.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember the curtains standing straight out and a dark figure in the window. My earliest memories are of things that terrified me. I have suffered with sleep paralysis most of my life. It lessened as I grew older but still happens occasionally.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Remember lying in a bassinet and kicking while my mother was encouraging me. It doesn't seem possible, but the memory is vivid.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember heading out the door to go Sandhill Crane hunting with my Dad, I was probably 3....I also remember him saying "[bleep], be quiet and be still, they are going to see us."

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember being in a stroller and a big dog down the street, Cochise, ran out and bit me on the face.
I also remember eating ice cream with my Grandfather. He had his teeth out so I was mimicing him with the whole exaggerated jaw motion. I thought that was how you were supposed to do it. Sadly, it's my only memory of him.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember being strolled through the 1964 New York World's Fair, when I was just about three. I remember looking at the little dinosaur statues beside the pathway I was being strolled on.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was 2 years and 3 months old, when we were getting ready to move from San Antonio to Kansas in the early summer of 1970. My first memory was standing in the driveway and telling my father that he had to go get the "Old Car" (our 1958 Chevy, to which I was really attached) because it was in the driveway of a neighbor across the street. My father informed me that he sold it to the neighbor. I got really mad and stomped off away from him in disgust. I still recall that it was three houses to the left across the street, which my father has confirmed was true. The next memory was shortly thereafter getting to pretend-drive the big moving semi that came to pick up our stuff. I have several more memories from that summer. I can accurately describe the interior of my grandparent's house they lived in back then, and where we stayed for while that summer, in Springfield, MO.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
I remember making a snake out of modeling clay behind the couch...I was 2 at the time.

Wasn't that the snake that Eve got to messing with in the garden?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by camdog

Remember lying in a bassinet and kicking while my mother was encouraging me. It doesn't seem possible, but the memory is vivid.

Back there in parts of Indiana, some folks had their kids sleeping in bassinets until they were 5 years old. grin

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember mom snapping this with her kodak. My grand dad and I. He was only like 58 or 59 in that pic.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What's the tractor Bob?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 61 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.