R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
A friend of my brothers called him worried about a power outage with the cold weather. His biggest concern was the food in the fridge going bad with no electricity.... you can’t make this stuff up...

I wonder if he's ever locked the keys in his convertible with the top down?????

I heard submarines have screen doors. Is this true?

Well Duh,,
How else do they get fresh air to breathe.......

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Hard to make electricity when the windmills are frozen. The fact that Texas can't produce enough electricity to heat homes is inexcusable.

Sure blame Texas for the fuggin greenies in charge of the electrical grid. Vistra sucks and is run by California retards.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...ompany-vistra-is-embracing-clean-energy/

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
no worse than in Florida, where every year, we get a hurricane, or several, and every year, most of the folks are clueless, and don't even have a bottle of water set aside. It's human nature I guess these days, to totally depend on someone else for your basic safety.

It's called conditioning.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MM879
There are lots of resources available for the clever. You can back feed your house from a high current line and jump both sides of the 220vac. This will effectively make your house wiring into a big extension cord. All that is required is all 220vac breakers and the main need to be opened and all high current loads be shut off or disconnected. I run a refrigerator and furnace with a 3000-watt inverter generator. I have excess power available any location for lighting. All the low current devices, cable and internet work.
The generator will run 20 hours/tank. I keep 5 gallons of rec fuel in a steel container through the winter months. In the summer months the generator is used for the RV.

Make sure that you test the system in real conditions. Night during a blizzard would be a good time to stress the system.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
no worse than in Florida, where every year, we get a hurricane, or several, and every year, most of the folks are clueless, and don't even have a bottle of water set aside. It's human nature I guess these days, to totally depend on someone else for your basic safety.

Exactly. This is a case not of nature, but of nurture.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

Exactly. This is a case not of nature, but of nurture.

And distraction. Don't forget distraction. Sports, Hollywood, "reality" shows, "news," etc. The bullshit 'o meter is perpetually pegged in the red and people open wide for another spoonful every minute. They call it your regularly scheduled programming for a reason.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byron
Originally Posted by memtb
Watch my old hometown news from last night. Power out, getting cold. People are leaving their homes to go to a motel.... how is a motel gonna stay warm with no power? Shows people lined-up, filling small suv’s and cars with firewood! I’m guessing they have someplace to burn the firewood! I can’t believe the lack of preparation!!! whistle
If you have a fireplace, it’s winter time.....wouldn’t it be wise to have a small stack of firewood? mad It would be like going to the grocery store daily, and buying just enough food for one frigging meal! I’m dumbfounded! memtb

I lived in Missouri for a year with my wife (She is from Melville, St Louis county) If there was a forecast of snow, you had better have enough in the pantry, because they would empty the shelves of all staples.

I always wondered if people were actually out of everything or if they were worried they wouldn't be able to get to the store for a week through 3 frickin inches of snow / >;

How about ammunition and components?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I designed a programmable load shedding power distribution center that I use on my RV. When I'm connected to a 30amp service it will sense loads and disconnect items to remain below 30amps. The program will cycle the heavy loads to any duty cycle you want.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I love my whole house generator and gravity fed fuel tanks.A,hhhh life is warm and good. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm not a hoarder of ammo or components, but I have always made sure I have enough for the guns I own. Glad of that too, since even here in po dunk Wyoming, ammo and reloading components are nonexistent for most cartridges.

Back in 93/94 when I lived in Missouri it was never a issue. Just food.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend of my brothers called him worried about a power outage with the cold weather. His biggest concern was the food in the fridge going bad with no electricity.... you can’t make this stuff up...

LMAO!

Worse yet, with the car still running. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by coobie
I love my whole house generator and gravity fed fuel tanks.A,hhhh life is warm and good. laugh

The market for these is about to go through the roof in demand and value added to a home.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Hard to make electricity when the windmills are frozen. The fact that Texas can't produce enough electricity to heat homes is inexcusable.

There’s been massive growth in the number of homes in the past decade. One might guess that energy use there now with everyone pretty much at home that they’re seeing the peak usage being redefined to the present.

Probably, but other states in similar situations aren't running out of electricity.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by coobie

The market for these is about to go through the roof in demand and value added to a home.
Being a retired electric lineman I have seen first hand how weird chit gets when people have no power after 7-10 days.Told the wife 10 years ago whole house 17 kw generator and gravity fed fuel tanks and lots of AMMO.Laffin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300

Sure blame Texas for the fuggin greenies in charge of the electrical grid. Vistra sucks and is run by California retards.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...ompany-vistra-is-embracing-clean-energy/

Texas has its own grid.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Best thing to happen is for our grid to go down for 6 weeks. Kill off the bottom 40% of the gene pool and start over.

Few would die, mostly they would just lay waste to the available resources and infrastructure.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rong
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I heard submarines have screen doors. Is this true?

Well Duh,,
How else do they get fresh air to breathe.......

Sure hope ole Hiden Biden takes a ride on its maiden voyage!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The democrats all used fraud to win the election. The used the vote swapping voter machines, count machines which swapped voters, mail in voting, ballot harvesting, illegals voting, and dead people voting. We will take our government back very soon from these communist [bleep]. They will take our guns and all fossil fuels. Then put people in FEMA camps all for control and power.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 02/16/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Best thing to happen is for our grid to go down for 6 weeks. Kill off the bottom 40% of the gene pool and start over.

This sounds to me like that government plan is already in place and working,, SAD

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by memtb
It would be like going to the grocery store daily, and buying just enough food for one frigging meal! I’m dumbfounded! memtb

Or owning guns and no ammo...butttt....

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.