Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nothing inherently wrong with wind generation.

I dont understand why natural gas has been so cheap for so long though.

Unnaturally cheap.

I think it's funny that people will piss and moan about how dirty the oil sands are....but want coal power and nothing else.

Coal is reliable and Wind is not, it is as simple as that.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Wind+generation+controversy%3F&t=newext&atb=v250-1&ia=web

Its hardly that simple.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Is Texas hooked to the national grid??

Southern Co. could be sending power that way to help boost their grid if it was.

Mike

There are three grids in the USA. East, West and Texas. They are connected ,but not in sync with each other. Power is transferred between the three with large Converter/Inverter units to sync them to 0 degree for transfer. This limits the amount of wattage to be transferred between grids. This is left over from the Cold War era when the EMP from an atomic bomb wasn't large enough or the missiles having enough range to disable the entire 48 states. That way one grid could have been used to jump start the effected grids.

Maybe that's another reason why we should do what we can afford to do to become energy independent.
I think most of us can do without lights as inconvenient as that is, but few can go without heat. Unfortunately, the commercial offerings have us dependant upon electric blowers, safety switches and such.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BKinSD
"It isn't the turbines," is correct. Our wind turbines here in the north are equipped and outfitted for cold weather operation. Electric heat in the nacelle and to the blades to get the ice to drop off, etc. I haven't heard of a wind farm outage in this region, but its possible. Whether it makes sense to outfit southern wind farms with cold weather packages on their turbines is something for people in those locations to decide.

I think one issue is that the extreme cold caused by high pressure domes is usually accompanied by still air. Wind was nonexistent; still here all weekend long but started to blow from the SE yesterday. Most people don't know that the prevailing wind is actually SE rather than NW.

Interesting.
That might explain the difference between my region and the southern grid.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Record low in my area of W Texas was --23 in Feb '33. Sure glad it didnt hit that here this time.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Record low in my area of W Texas was --23 in Feb '33. Sure glad it didnt hit that here this time.

That's for sure.
MINUS 23 gets dangerous right now.

https://www.brighteon.com/ebe8d067-d383-4ad9-b088-2512b5ac2795

Here's a little bit more about Texas.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The al gore, sodom Hussain 0bumma wind turbines around the country are as reliable as this after rain and a freeze. The video and short article points this out from Texas. These have gone in all around the country to replace coal plants.
Thoughts?

https://www.infowars.com/posts/un-backed-great-reset-turns-off-texas-power/

Oh, FFS, there’s wind turbines all over the bleeping foothills around here, none of them ever “freeze” and we get a good bit colder than just 0.

The problem is Texans operating wind turbines, not wind turbines.

Yeah, its all we can do to be the nations greatest supplier of oil for your plastic cars, TVs, computers, and gas from 18,000 ft deep and from 7000 ft deep terrain in the Gulf.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/16/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I'm thinking I can put my wall tent stove to work.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Nice to see at least one Texan is capable of taking care of himself.

Most these guys are proving to be a bunch of pussy entitlists.

I've seen grocery shelves wiped out, gas stations out of fuel in 24 hours and power lost for days after hurricanes hit Florida and even the transplanted New Yorkers don't cry as much.

What the hell you guys gonna do if something really goes wrong if you can't care for yourselves through this?

I'd suppose this is a preview, you're going to run around pointing fingers and blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Might one suggest sprouting a pair, take care of your schit and then go help your neighbor?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I think youre thinking about the dimocraps of pigment around New Orleans. There was no crying or news stories of hundreds of thousands of Texans all over Southeast Texas though many places went 2 mo feeding mosquitoes and with no electricity in that and a another storm a few years later.
We know what the Yanks did with the South shot them the finger and said adios, MF. Though most states had entered the Union with the explicit agreements they could seceed whenever any saw fit we know what happenec with a Bolshevik derivative ruling as POTUS.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/16/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
My only gripe with the mills, the farmland they take up.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My only gripe with the mills, the farmland they take up.

And millions of migrating birds they kill each year?

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If not for Lincoln we wouldnt now be slaves to the Deep State, Lieberals and AAs.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If not for Lincoln we wouldnt now be slaves to the Deep State, Lieberals and AAs.

An interesting article which provides a perspective forbidden by the indoctrination centers in every community...... public schools.

https://thenewamerican.com/abraham-lincoln-political-tyrant/

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the wind farms i know of have been dismal. Keeping them online is a nightmare, ironically, if it is blowing too fast they have to be shut down. Maintenance is expensive and actually very dangerous work. bottom line, none of them manage to exceed 30% of projected efficiency. Without politics and .gov $$ they wouldn't even exist. The ones is Europe, which were contructed before the projects here in the States, are starting to fail, Spain in particular.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Naw Dawg, Niqqas be free 'n 9hit!

Wur my welfare check?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Awesome?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

That IS awesome, GW! Climatism, indeed!! lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The al gore, sodom Hussain 0bumma wind turbines around the country are as reliable as this after rain and a freeze. The video and short article points this out from Texas. These have gone in all around the country to replace coal plants.
Thoughts?

Oh, FFS, there’s wind turbines all over the bleeping foothills around here, none of them ever “freeze” and we get a good bit colder than just 0.

OK wise guy how often do you get freezing rain? Snow is not the problem in Texas it is the "wintery mix". By the way I was born in Idaho and between the Mormons and liberals crapping up Idaho I think Texas is a better place presently.

Yeah, I’ve spent time in Texas, you can have it.

There’s lots of turbines in a heck of a lot more severe environments than West Texas. The ones on the Columbia river gorge are still spinning, and Portland got about an inch of freezing rain in the last few days. The ones in Denmark are still going, in salt water, gale winds and last week’s record cold snap.

It ain’t the turbines, it’s the Texans.

If you are so fk'n in the know, tell everyone how they are not operated properly in Texas.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thoughts?

OK wise guy how often do you get freezing rain? Snow is not the problem in Texas it is the "wintery mix". By the way I was born in Idaho and between the Mormons and liberals crapping up Idaho I think Texas is a better place presently.

Yeah, I’ve spent time in Texas, you can have it.

There’s lots of turbines in a heck of a lot more severe environments than West Texas. The ones on the Columbia river gorge are still spinning, and Portland got about an inch of freezing rain in the last few days. The ones in Denmark are still going, in salt water, gale winds and last week’s record cold snap.

It ain’t the turbines, it’s the Texans.

Like I said the Mormon and the liberals. Forgot to add bigots. If you can't get by here then you are a leftist, not enough handouts. It is neat how you liberals can't seem to stop with the stupid and your better than anyone else BS.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW

If you are so fk'n in the know, tell everyone how they are not operated properly in Texas.

"It isn't the turbines," is correct. Our wind turbines here in the north are equipped and outfitted for cold weather operation. Electric heat in the nacelle and to the blades to get the ice to drop off, etc. I haven't heard of a wind farm outage in this region, but its possible. Whether it makes sense to outfit southern wind farms with cold weather packages on their turbines is something for people in those locations to decide.

I think one issue is that the extreme cold caused by high pressure domes is usually accompanied by still air. Wind was nonexistent; still here all weekend long but started to blow from the SE yesterday. Most people don't know that the prevailing wind is actually SE rather than NW.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
thank goodness we don't need fossil fuels

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RDW

How much hydro power is produced in Texas and California? Those Chinese windmills sure phugged up one of most beautiful areas in America, the Columbia gorge. Putting chinese windmills next to hydro power? What a phugged communist chinese led idea

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (30incher, 3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 47 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,005
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.