-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember learning how to see. Particularly, how to make out the patterns in the fabric of the blankets that swaddled me and then later, the small patterns in the carpets I rolled around on. I remember learning language by listening to the conversations going on around me. Learning to correctly compose thoughts in it and then ultimately speak came much later.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My father fixing bad tubes in our TV, and putting a engine in our Datsun station wagon.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What's the tractor Bob?

I think it was a Holt, Richard. Maybe some here will recognize it for sure.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i remember schitting my pants in church when i was small enough to crawl around under the pews. ha ha, pews. get it?

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Bob! Holt, and Best merged to form the Caterpillar Tractor Company. Interesting story there.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The dairy barn - probably 2-3 y/o. I could walk on the concrete pad behind the cows and chase the cats. I can remember being held by my dad and rubbing my face on the gallous on his bib overalls. They were brass and had a unique smell. The day he died, he was holding our 6 week old daughter and she was rubbing her face on the gallous. He made a joke about all the little kids like to rub on them.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
One of the earliest is being lifted out of my kindergarten desk by a nun's fingernails in the top of my ear.

Like rene said, it's no wonder I hate people in general.

Grandpa was nice, he took us across the street to the bar for Shirley Temples.

Probably why I liked bars for too long.

Saint Joseph,s elementary school 2nd grade
Old Town Maine.

Fear the Nun..........

Never soooooooo glad to go back to Jefferson Street elementary after that yr in 2nd....
I was getting my azz whipped with a yard stick once or twice a week at St Joe,s
Wasnt the only kid in class to feel the power of the Jesus thru a nun school teacher...
Frigging girls in the class set up alot of us boys for rapid downfalls for sure.
Especially after recess incidents.....
Never forgot some of them St joe,s bytches when we all merged together again for Jr high and high school.
Some of em suffered multiple kicked over valve stems in high school in the student parking lot.

LOL!!!!

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thanks Bob! Holt, and Best merged to form the Caterpillar Tractor Company. Interesting story there.

Just read all about them, made tractors for WWI

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Holt, and Best both were making crawler tractors, nd were going broke competing with each other.
They both owed money to the same banks. The banks sort of knocked heads together, and forced a merger.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I was two when I spilled my orange drink at the cafeteria, grandparents both telling me, I told you so, I told you were going to spill your drink.

I don't remember the name, maybe Furr's but it was in Odessa in 1966

Dave

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I remember the wallpaper in the kitchen, and the light over my crib, as well as a large vase of Mom’s that sat in the corner of the living room. It was a place we lived in when I was a year old until about a year and a half old. Mom didn't believe me until I described them to her. Also remember the collie we had biting Dad when he went out to stop her barking at the neighbors arguing next door. She probably thought he was the source of the trouble, he says. I can remember watching it through the window from my crib. Also remember my Grandma’s house and the blue flame floor heater I burned my hand on when I was learning to walk and fell down. The twin lines on my right palm have almost faded out after 45+ years. About as far back as I care to remember, and further and I might remember being born. No thanks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When about three years old I got ill and my mother called the doctor. They made house calls in those days and I remember him standing over my folding bed in the living room and putting his stethoscope on my chest and talking to my mother. He gave her a piece of paper.

Twenty years later I married his daughter whom I had a blind date with. We have been married 53 years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seeing the first black person scared the shi# out of me it was traumatizing!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I remember puking my guts out after eating a whole bag of pixie stix when I was maybe 3. I never could eat pixie stix again after that, Remember a little kid eating dirt at the playground and throwing it up. Really grossed me out. Remember our dog knocking me down the stairs and my two front teeth lying on the sidewalk when I was 5.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I remember puking my guts out after eating a whole bag of pixie stix when I was maybe 3. I never could eat pixie stix again after that, Remember a little kid eating dirt at the playground and throwing it up. Really grossed me out. Remember our dog knocking me down the stairs and my two front teeth lying on the sidewalk when I was 5.

I slipped on ice about the same age knocking out front teeth. Hands were in my pockets. Bad idea

Romans 5:1
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I remeber smell of cigar and taste of whisky.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's starting to surface now, I thought I was drowning and forced through a dark tunnel, then the bright lights hit me and I got an A$$ beating...

Dave

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
4 years old. Found a broken sprinkler at the apartments we lived at and I got blamed for it. They made us move.

Also remember someone throwing up at that apartment outside and being hit with a cap gun in the head and had to have stitches.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember going to see my Dad in Wyoming. He was an inspector on the Medicine Bow Pipeline being constructed. Mom hauled me up there in our red and black '58 Galaxie 500. I remember playing with a little yellow train engine I had.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember figuring out how to count to 100 when I was three. I was laying in a bed taking a nap, supposedly, in my then-step-father's grandparent's house staring at the ceiling as I reasoned it out. I remember having trouble remembering the name of "12" because it was not quite so intuitive, the rest of the numbers were pretty easy.

My step-great grandparents were awfully good to me and I've never forgotten them. I loved them dearly and always will.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 222ND, 2003and2013, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,790
Posts18,477,303
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.