Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thank you. Good stuff there.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
GB1

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will be rough on the guides in the Lower Laguna Madre - really all of them up and down the coast. Last year was tough with Covid but this may send some to the house. Hope I haven't caught my last 30" trout for a while.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RL
Will be rough on the guides in the Lower Laguna Madre - really all of them up and down the coast. Last year was tough with Covid but this may send some to the house. Hope I haven't caught my last 30" trout for a while.

I've been fishing the Georgia and SC coast for probably 50 years since I was big enough to hold a rod and reel around age 5, and I have caught probably one that big.....weighed about 5 pounds. That is a while. Dang thing looked weird.....almost like another kind of fish. I caught him bottom fishing with a big mullet attempting to catch a striped bass. Now its a job to find some that make the 14 inch limit. We used to catch big numbers back in the day but they were never big. I've always done better with the reds. Maybe I suck as a fisherman.....strong possibility. But I have a cousin who is a big fisherman that worked with a man from Louisiana who tried our fishing and said compared to home it was horrible. Georgia has a relatively undeveloped system of barrier islands but we don't have the live oyster shells we used to when I was a kid. At some point, something took them out. Don't know if it was weather or pollution or what. Maybe fertilizer run off from the golf courses. And there are SO MANY more people fishing now than then. I like to exaggerate and joke that everyone from Ohio moved down here in the last 20 years. Maybe not everyone but during football season there are as many Ohio State flags on the houses and cars in coastal South Carolina as there are Clemson flags and that is not a joke.

I hope Ya'lls fishing is not hurt too bad. Only thing that compares with good saltwater inshore fishing is hunting deer on a good place.

Last edited by RJY66; 02/19/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Matagorda

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh my God what a sight. That is HORRIBLE. cry

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
some good though.

Katy Coastal Guide Service
1tSSponsmohrnedc ·
With all the damage this freeze has caused to Texans and our fisheries thought I'd share some positive news. In Rockport, thousands of fish sunning on a shallow flat trying to warm themselves. Reds, trout, mullet, drum you name it. Big bull reds and stud trout in the mix. Picture and video do not do it justice. They were swimming normally in a foot or less of water trying to thaw out.

https://www.facebook.com/KatyCoastal

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We've still got some ice. The next couple of days will be telling. I tryed to talk my customers out of fishing the next two days, but they just want to get away from the new woke civilization.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It was a beautiful day here today. got up to the low fifties, seventy Sunday.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
It was a beautiful day here today. got up to the low fifties, seventy Sunday.

Nice day for sure!

Might go try and kill something tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night low only supposed to be 46..

Stuff will be hungry and moving! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last big fish killing freeze was 1989. The previous was 1983-84.
Trout are a lot like Bob white quail. A large majority die each year. Limits really don’t make much sense. We always policed ourselves. Never wiped out a covey.
Trout are a lot of ways the same. Fishing guides and some sportsman have gotten the limits ridiculously low. They haven’t been around enough to know Mother Nature can wipe out all they have been trying to save.
The guides like a 5 fish limit. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two more freezing nights here, then near 70° on Sunday. Ain't worth a [bleep] in the rain forest.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am glad some of you are getting back to higher temps. Be well

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.