-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a point, I admit. I wonder how many of the "For Sale" units are stolen, too.

The only one I own is a tiny 1000/800 watt job I bought to charge my boat batteries when I'm on an extended fishing trip off the grid. I considered a whole house unit but in the 35 years we've lived here we've only lost power a couple of times for more than a few hours.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Tons of people by generators for emergencies them sell them right right after..A guy should never sell a gun but unfortunately,I have and wished I hadn't...Add I said,I have 5 generators right now so that gives you an idea on how I feel about selling them..

Some people just need cash and sell generators...

Jayco😝

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879
The first thing you will hear from a Predator owner is "The HF warranty is great, this is my third generator, free!"

A year ago I actually took a guy to Harbor Freight to return his generator again. It would have made for his third but they turned him down and gave him a full refund instead of another generator.

Had to haul him to Rural King to buy another one.
Not sure how he handled the situation at HF, I'd sat in the parking lot in my truck and stayed out of it.
He can be a cantankerous old fart, he runs his generators daily and the Predators didn't seem to be holding up for him.
Maybe occasional use or better maintenance would offer different results.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We get power outages where I live pretty frequently. My well has a 3 HP induction motor, so it needs the equivalent of about 9 HP to start. Without water we would be in deep kim chi in an extended outage. I have a Honda EU3000i that has been amazing but doesn't have the power to run the well. So I got a 16 KW generator that runs off the PTO of my tractor. It runs the whole house for about .75 gal. of diesel per hour. It was only about $2,200 and I had to get a PTO shaft to fit which was another $120. The electrical work to put in the wiring was another $300. And I traded a case of .223 for a 250 gallon diesel tank. All in all, I really like the PTO generator.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm shaking my head a little. Resale value? A generator is something you buy and use until it dies. Unless you screw up and buy one that's too small for the job, there's no resale involved - ever.

There is no free lunch with generator. Some are too big, too small, too noisy...... I would peddle the Yamaha in a second if I could replace it with a similar 220vac model.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I bought a Predator 3500 from HF 2 years ago. It has a little over 100 hrs on it. I watched YouTube and made a couple of the mods recommended on there and do regular maintenance. One thing I do is I Only use NO ETH gas in my small engines! It gets used mostly to power my 28’ Jayco for camping/hunting trips. I also have the ability to hook it up to the house if we needed to run the essentials. I have friends that have other brands and many are very good but I have no complaints and have recommended them to friends and would buy another!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You can't mention Burris Signature Zee rings or some scope brands in the Optics Forum without someone quickly whining about them being made in China.

But not a peep here.

Not that I really care, just an observation.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use the Honda 1000 for battery charging on my RV. It will run 10-12 hours on 0.8 of gallon of fuel. The progressive dynamics 35amp selectable charge rate converter and the Honda inverter are a match made in heaven. I plug in the generator and place a sheet of rubber roof membrane over the generator in a tent fashion and let it run. The battery bank on the RV is a 250amp 6-volt golf cart series matrix. I just set the charge rate on high (14.86vdcc) and charge. The battery water usage is exceptionally low. I only need to check it once a year. The last trip out was 31°F freezing rain. The most important requirement is the placement of the generator. The specification is the generator shall be more than 12’ away from the RV. I just extent the 30amp RV service to its max 25’.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
You can't mention Burris Signature Zee rings or some scope brands in the Optics Forum without someone quickly whining about them being made in China.

But not a peep here.

Been thinking along those lines since the beginning.

Wish it weren't so, but I would buy one.
We are our own worst enemy.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/20/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My dad and a few of his friends have them and they all seem to like them. I have a Predator pressure washer and it is great. All predator engines are just relabeled Honda engines.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm shaking my head a little. Resale value? A generator is something you buy and use until it dies. Unless you screw up and buy one that's too small for the job, there's no resale involved - ever.

There is no free lunch with generator. Some are too big, too small, too noisy...... I would peddle the Yamaha in a second if I could replace it with a similar 220vac model.

I picked up a brand new Yamaha generator on super clearance in the Cabela's Bargain Cave. I didn't need it, it just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. It's an EF30IFS. It's still in the box. I have a couple others and haven't needed it. I think it's only 120V. I figured it was a good one being a Yamaha. Is this what you have?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Has anyone had any experience with Predator generators?

yep, wait for a sale and good gen for the money. Of course Hondas are better but for the Money decent generator.

I have one as a back up to my Honda. Mines 5 years old. Never failed to start. HF's warranties are good too.

I have a smaller one. I followed some advice I read and changed the oil after running it 15-20 minutes.

There was a lotta crud, then changed again after 30 minute run and it looked a lot better.

Used synthetic ever since.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

But not a peep here.

Buying Chinese shįt generators from HF isn't something I do. I also don't by Chinese made Burris scope mounts, but BigStick does.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jake's China made DeWalt works well. He cranked it up the day we were without power. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there is the rub.

You buy Chinkharbor Freight, get it cheap.

You buy an old line tool brand,
And get Chinese anyway.

And the difference in quality?

WTF knows? It could go either way.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
We get power outages where I live pretty frequently. My well has a 3 HP induction motor, so it needs the equivalent of about 9 HP to start. Without water we would be in deep kim chi in an extended outage. I have a Honda EU3000i that has been amazing but doesn't have the power to run the well. So I got a 16 KW generator that runs off the PTO of my tractor. It runs the whole house for about .75 gal. of diesel per hour. It was only about $2,200 and I had to get a PTO shaft to fit which was another $120. The electrical work to put in the wiring was another $300. And I traded a case of .223 for a 250 gallon diesel tank. All in all, I really like the PTO generator.

How do you like that tractor? Thinking of trading blue for green

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dillon, Jake bought that to help his sister, and broth-in-law out fast after the August Cedar Rapids, Iowa storm. The were selling like hotcakes all over.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack

How do you like that tractor? Thinking of trading blue for green

My question would be, how do you keep a tractor that clean? Also since my tractor doesn't shut down automatically for over heating or low oil pressure I would not want to leave it running unattended.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We used to leave tractors running pumps for several weeks. Sometimes you'd stop one long enough to check the oil, but that didn't happen every time it got fueled or every other, or every other other.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kingston

I picked up a brand new Yamaha generator on super clearance in the Cabela's Bargain Cave. I didn't need it, it just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. It's an EF30IFS. It's still in the box. I have a couple others and haven't needed it. I think it's only 120V. I figured it was a good one being a Yamaha. Is this what you have?

Yes, it is the same model without the Boost feature.
Mine is EF3000iSEB
Yamaha

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.