Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
THE TEXAS ELECTRICAL BLACKOUT caused by?

If you think I'm going to get quiet on the Snow Job Resident Biden has done to the great people of my beloved Texas, and the catastrophic effects of future events like this to the great people of our beautiful America, you can forget it. How do you all like the Green RAW Deal, so far????? This is how it works:
"So here is Biden’s Dark Winter... directed at Texas!
....Joe Biden’s Dept. of Energy Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Killer Storm.
A week before, Texas begged for help and asked for DOE to lift federal regulations barring state's energy. An Emergency Order from the Biden administration’s Department of Energy shows Texas energy grid operator ERCOT was instructed to stay within green energy standards by purchasing energy from outside the state at a higher cost, throttling power output throughout the state ahead of a catastrophic polar vortex.
Going into effect Sunday, Feb. 14, Emergency Order 202-21-1 shows the Energy Dept. was aware of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s statewide disaster declaration and that ERCOT was readying gas utilities in preparation for a demand surge.
The order shows Acting Energy Secretary David Huizenga did not waive environmental restrictions to allow for maximum energy output, instead ordering ERCOT to utilize all resources in order to stay within acceptable emissions standards – including purchasing energy from outside the state.
Moreover, the order instructed an “incremental amount of restricted capacity” to be sold to ERCOT at “a price no lower than $1,500/MWh,” an increase of over 6,000 percent over February 2020 prices of $18.20.
On Wednesday, the Dallas Business Journal reported, “Electricity on the Texas grid has averaged about $1,137.33 per megawatt hour so far in February, up from $18.20 per megawatt hour in February 2020, according to data from the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas. That’s a jump of more than 6,000 percent.”
Days later, the Public Utility C

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
biden is not president. Why would anyone do what he says especially his crack head laws and policies?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was under the impression that Texas is not accessible to the national power grid?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I was under the impression that Texas is not accessible to the national power grid?

Your impression is incorrect. And further, it is still regulated and subject to federal environmental regulations.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
An inter web search suggests it’s not, am I missing something? Fake news? Either it is connected or it ain’t. Regardless of fed regulations.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
An inter web search suggests otherwise, am I missing something? Fake news? Either it is connected or it ain’t. Regardless of fed regulations.

Your search is incorrect. It frequently purchases power from both the east and west grids as well as Mexico.

Troll elsewhere.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There is no national power grid. There are a number of regional power grids. Some are more organized than others. Texas has some, but limited interconnections with other major grids. Texas has historically been proud of their relatively independent power grid.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m not a troll jackass, just trying to get a better under standing....suv it up your ass

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’m not a troll jackass, just trying to get a better under standing....suv it up your ass

Then get a better understanding.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This was covered in another thread. No one blocked ERCOT from bringing additional generation online.

It's fiction.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Phug u
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Then get a better understanding.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 02/21/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
This was covered in another thread. No one blocked ERCOT from bringing additional generation online.

It's fiction.

They just delayed permission until Sunday evening when, rolling blackouts had already started.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should have just turned up the juice output.

Limiting output for emissions in an emergency is like trying to defend your store from armed attack but limiting yourself to the self imposed one box per customer rule...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Not true Texas is all by itself. A Texas State Congressman just said so on National TV minutes ago. Texas warned ERCOT to winterize its

Production plants after the 2011 problems. They all ignored the warning. He also said the Texas grid is independent of the other grids.

Information I have is they have purchased Energy from Mexico. 99% of the problem lies with ERCOT no winterizing there grid. Most of this information is from a Texas Congressman

I did not catch his name.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JoeBob

It's fiction.

They just delayed permission until Sunday evening when, rolling blackouts had already started.

No they didn't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Limiting output for emissions in an emergency is like trying to defend your store from armed attack but limiting yourself to the self imposed one box per customer rule...

Output was not limited by emissions. If you read the order, it excepted the additional generation from emissions requirements during the emergency.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Not true Texas is all by itself. A Texas State Congressman just said so on National TV minutes ago. Texas warned ERCOT to winterize its

Production plants after the 2011 problems. They all ignored the warning. He also said the Texas grid is independent of the other grids.

Information I have is they have purchased Energy from Mexico. 99% of the problem lies with ERCOT no winterizing there grid. Most of this information is from a Texas Congressman

I did not catch his name.

It's just not that simple.

Besides ERCOT, the Texas legislature, and the Texas Railroad Commission are involved in the grid as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is A GRID in the US just like any of the others. They are all interconnected to a degree capable of sending and purchasing power from other grids. The Texas grid is unique only in that unlike the other grids, it is largely contained within one state.

Winterization or lack thereof had very little to do with this mess.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Output was not limited by emissions. If you read the order, it excepted the additional generation from emissions requirements during the emergency.

Output is ALWAYS limited by emissions requirements, else they would not have needed permission to temporarily exceed them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 15 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.