-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still have Filson wool bibs and a Sleeping Indian wool jacket, if it's a short walk from the truck, very cold and no climbing, I'll wear the wool occasionally.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m looking to buy either a KUIU Guide Jacket or Axis Hybrid for Michigan bow and rifle season. I’ve read a few reviews on other sites that KUIU is more designed for western hunting but it sounds like from what I’m reading on here that it holds up fine to woods and brush hunting. Does that sound about right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by goalie
https://www.camofire.com

camofire has soft-shell layers, pants and puffy on sale today. Good basic starting clothes

Ive done quite a bit of coyote hunting, ice fishing in these bibs the past few months. Sitting in wind, light rain, cold, snow , fairly water proof( for not being rain gear) , quiet, comfortable. Great deal for the money

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/59

By the under wear layers, vest, puffy, pants for early season, and you're set for most conditions under $300

Hmmm, those are quiet, eh? I have coveralls but need a set of bibs. The matching jacket of similar quality?

Pretty quiet especially for somewhat water proof. I would archery hunt out of stand with them I
Like zippers go all the way up legs, chest pocket can stick hands in for quick warm up, plenty of pockets . Jacket great for the price too.

I was all all afternoon in 20 degree weather ice fishing and comfortable . Comfortable to walk in too, not bulky

Thanks again!!!

I got the bibs and jacket and am rather impressed.

sizing isaccurate. large should be fine for you.

Thanks again. Got the set. I'm more than pleased

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m looking to buy either a KUIU Guide Jacket or Axis Hybrid for Michigan bow and rifle season. I’ve read a few reviews on other sites that KUIU is more designed for western hunting but it sounds like from what I’m reading on here that it holds up fine to woods and brush hunting. Does that sound about right?

It does but somewhat noisy moving through the brush still hunting. It's all about having the right gear for the right conditions.

I love wool for dry cold conditions for outer wear. Its warm and quiet but somewhat heavy. It there is heavy precipitation, or you are covering a lot of ground still hunting in wet conditions I would steer away from wool.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think it's a good buy and good gear when it's on sale.

I like their cold weather gear on sale

https://www.camofire.com

camofire has soft-shell layers, pants and puffy on sale today. Good basic starting clothes

Ive done quite a bit of coyote hunting, ice fishing in these bibs the past few months. Sitting in wind, light rain, cold, snow , fairly water proof( for not being rain gear) , quiet, comfortable. Great deal for the money

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/59

By the under wear layers, vest, puffy, pants for early season, and you're set for most conditions under $300

Hmmm, those are quiet, eh? I have coveralls but need a set of bibs. The matching jacket of similar quality?

Pretty quiet especially for somewhat water proof. I would archery hunt out of stand with them I
Like zippers go all the way up legs, chest pocket can stick hands in for quick warm up, plenty of pockets . Jacket great for the price too.

I was all all afternoon in 20 degree weather ice fishing and comfortable . Comfortable to walk in too, not bulky

Thanks again!!!

I got the bibs and jacket and am rather impressed.

sizing isaccurate. large should be fine for you.

Thanks again. Got the set. I'm more than pleased

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 15 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.