Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I say I will take it,a PM follows right away.I can`t stand excuses like" I lost my home to a tornado and can`t afford it anymore."If you need permission to buy something ask your Old Lady first.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Higginez
What about buyers that say “I’ll take it. Send me a pm”?

Tell them to lick your balz!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If I have time to think about an item, and time to type out “I’ll take it”

I certainly have time to send a quick PM within...5-10 minutes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not too concerned with the timeline, just that a buyer or seller keeps their word. Yes be reasonable of course, but I know members here who are only online during normal "business hours" so if they say "i'll take it" on a friday at 3 pm, and I don't hear from them until monday or tuesday, I'm not gonna care. everyone has their own life to live. the classified cowboys that are looking to make a buck for free, I have little use for them, yet they are the ones who bitch the most for not getting paid immediately. yes I try to be as prompt as possible and appreciate the same, but I also realize we each have our own lives to live. if yours is the classifieds then you aren't the targeted demographic here, be reasonable or be gone, just quit complaining other people aren't on your schedule.
ymmv

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What year is it again?

How did the prospective buyer find out about the item for sale.

It's quite likely they didn't wait for the weekly newspaper and then have to send a letter by Pony Express..

I'd bet money the person is on a "device" of some sort, being as how he found it on an internet forum. Therefor messages should be sent nearly instantaneously.

I'll take it, then a PM or perhaps an email if the seller put that info in the ad.

For those who reply to the post with an "I'll get back to you after work".........................does your boss know you're doing campfire ad browsing while at work?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,175
Posts18,503,209
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.