Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by okie
If green energy worked it would not have to be subsidized.

There's the MONEY shot right there.....

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The BIG BIG problem the COMMUNIST greenies don't want to discuss is the "major" environmental "pollution" disaster old solar panels will create, and right now industry is also stumped on what to do with discarded windmill blades.

Typical manufacturing business plan this day and time. Build it. Get it to market, and we'll worry about any issues later, and we'll just past the costs of "solving" those issues down to the customer.

Funny how those future costs aren't accounted for in the original numbers when they parade around the country to Townhall meetings to brainwash the public into believing COMMIE Green Energy is "the way" of the future.....and cheaper.

Go ask the homeowners, who have destroyed homes now, how cheap it'll be to rebuild their homes.

"He is far from Stupid"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

You are right and wrong as I was According to the Texas Tribune. ERCOT has 2 limited ties to the Eastern grid and the tie I mentioned in Mexico.

But the Eastern Tie does not bring them under Federal regulation. " The ERCOT grid remains beyond the jurisdiction of the Federal Energy Regulator Commission."

I also found out that Northern Countries like Norway and Sweden say there Wind Turbine winterization kit will allow operation down to -22 degrees. In Texas Wind makes up 23%

of the total energy, Natural gas 56%, Coal 19%, and Nuclear 9%. Bottom line is the natural gas system has to work or the system crashes. ERCOT needs a big time winterization program

and it needs to be required by the state of Texas, which they did not do in 2011, and ERCOT did nothing.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

You are right and wrong as I was According to the Texas Tribune. ERCOT has 2 limited ties to the Eastern grid and the tie I mentioned in Mexico.

But the Eastern Tie does not bring them under Federal regulation. " The ERCOT grid remains beyond the jurisdiction of the Federal Energy Regulator Commission."

I also found out that Northern Countries like Norway and Sweden say there Wind Turbine winterization kit will allow operation down to -22 degrees. In Texas Wind makes up 23%

of the total energy, Natural gas 56%, Coal 19%, and Nuclear 9%. Bottom line is the natural gas system has to work or the system crashes. ERCOT needs a big time winterization program

and it needs to be required by the state of Texas, which they did not do in 2011, and ERCOT did nothing.

So the EPA had no say? You seem to be missing the point.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Yeah, here's the Winterization program that needs to be implemented:

Nuclear: 32%

Natural Gas: 56%

Coal: 19%

Green :0%

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Good to know we are exempt from federal regulations in Texas. Bring your bumpstocks over for a party.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
By the way, the biggest reason the natural gas system isn’t “winterized” is once again related to green energy. Pumps used to be run on the gas in the system themselves. Thus as long as the pipes had gas, everything worked. But because of “muh greenhouse emissions” most of those pumps were switched to electric motors that are connected to the grid. When the grid got shut down, the pumps shut down and everything else shut down too. “Winterization” of gas pipeline is a solution to a problem that wouldn’t exist but for greenhouse gas emission regulations.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/21/21.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by JoeBob
By the way, the biggest reason the natural gas system isn’t “winterized” is once again related to green energy. Pumps used to be run on the gas in the system themselves. Thus as long as the pipes had gas, everything worked. But because of “muh greenhouse emissions” most of those pumps were switched to electric motors that are connected to the grid. When the grid got shut down, the pumps shut down and everything else shut down too. “Winterization” of gas pipeline is a solution to a problem that wouldn’t exist but for greenhouse gas emission regulations.

Thanks for letting us know. We didn't know that.

"He is far from Stupid"

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There is no such thing as "the national power grid." There is no such thing as a national power company. Yet.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Thanks for letting us know. We didn't know that.

You’re welcome. It’s my duty to alleviate your ignorance.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Glad you mentioned this. As more functions (transportation, process heating, etc.) are shifted to electricity due to governmental policy, and as that one form of power is generated by a limited number of resources, the greater the risk that larger and more costly disruptions will occur.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
this is exactly how i will refer to him from now on! Resident Biden. don't know if that was a typo or not but it fits.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

It pays to read a thread before you type:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-biden-and-the-ercot-deal#Post15818704

Thanks again for “educating” us……I wouldn't want to be ignorant....

"He is far from Stupid"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Once again, you’re welcome. Nifty trick you did there of going back and changing your previous post after I had educated you. Well, better late than never.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Once again, you’re welcome. Nifty trick you did there of going back and changing your previous post after I had educated you. Well, better late than never.

Which post of mine is "edited" to prove I changed it?

You're a liar, and could never educate me.

People reading this thread clearly seen my post, and it was even quoted above by okie.

Go try running your lies some place else, limp brain.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Looks to me like it was you who “changed” their post in this thread, not me, being “your” post was 2 hours after mine…..and “edited”….Hmmmm..

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-biden-and-the-ercot-deal#Post15819125

Perhaps it was “I” who “educated” ….wait for it………you.

Oh, by the way.........anyone can see I originally wrote that post 3 days ago......I even put the link to it in my original posting in this thread, so.....how do you edit a 3 day old posting......LIMP BRAIN?

"He is far from Stupid"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Looks to me like it was you who “changed” their post in this thread, not me, being “your” post was 2 hours after mine…..and “edited”….Hmmmm..

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-biden-and-the-ercot-deal#Post15819125

Perhaps it was “I” who “educated” ….wait for it………you.

Oh, by the way.........anyone can see I originally wrote that post 3 days ago......I even put the link to it in my original posting in this thread, so.....how do you edit a 3 day old posting......LIMP BRAIN?

Why are you protesting so much, Mrs. McBeth? No, shame is recognizing your betters.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Elk; You might want to read chapter VIII on page 189 Electricity and Natural Gas Interdependency in the document located here: https://www.ferc.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/08-16-11-report.pdf. The natural gas does not freeze but the water in the control systems does which leads to automatic shutdowns of the control systems.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by bobmn
Elk; You might want to read chapter VIII on page 189 Electricity and Natural Gas Interdependency in the document located here: https://www.ferc.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/08-16-11-report.pdf. The natural gas does not freeze but the water in the control systems does which leads to automatic shutdowns of the control systems.

They had Glycerine instead of Silicone in the control rooms, because 99% of the time, Glycerine was all that was needed, based on average historical temps and even a few low temp spells in the past that did not push them over their ratings. And what I just typed wasn't even mentioned in the article.

In reference to the "water" in the control instrumentation lines, like chillers, you don't have just water. It has Glycol-Water mixture in it to keep from freezing. It was the ratings of the instruments them selves that was the weak link in the controls, because they could run a 55/45 W/G to have protection to -18*F or even 50/50 (-31*F), but I'd bet they were only running 60/40 (-8*F) to match the instrument ratings.

Pg 139 -
"By far, the most common cause of the outages was the cold weather, most commonly when sensing lines froze and caused automatic or manual unit trips."

Pg 196
"The single largest problem during the cold weather event was the freezing of instrumentation and equipment."

But on pages 140 and 141, the pie charts shows controls were only 11% and 3% responsible, so the authors are contradicting what they have reported when they stated the two quotes above, and placing the majority of the blame on the controls as the main culprit of failure.

Thanks for the link.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (264mag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 47 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,281
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.