Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MikeL2
First, it's Irish WHISKEY, not whisky. That said, Bushmill Black Bush and Redbreast 12 yr old are residing in my cabinet right now, getting along fine next to some Canadian and Bourbon whiskies. Been working thru the Redbreast this month. The 12 yr old goes for around $60-68 (750ml) around here. Saw a bottle of Redbreast 15 yr old couple of days ago and they want $115 for that, I passed.
What are your thoughts on the 45 Colt vs. 45 Long Colt...chili-beans or no? Do you eschew calling magazines "clips"?

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BC30cal
krp;
Top of the morning to you brother Kent, I hope the weekend was acceptable for you folks and you all are well.

As I see your tastes are not that far from my own, I'll offer the following suggestions to you or any who might be interested.

When the beer flu hit us up here there was no shortage of Canadian beer, spirits or wine but some of the imported stuff began to become scarce.

As a general rule if I was in the mood for spirits, it'd be either Pike Creek which is an Ontario made product with a unique barreling program or Famous Grouse blended Scotch.

Here's a link to Pike Creek for anyone interested.

http://www.pikecreekwhisky.com/s/#!/home/1

All that to say when we couldn't find Famous Grouse here, one of the young fellows recommended I try this new product called Proper No 12 Irish Whiskey.

[Linked Image from static.whiskybase.com]

It's become a go to for me as I find it smoother than Famous Grouse, but of course as many posters have noted we all taste differently.

If however, one doesn't mind the flavor of Bushmills Black Bush it's worth a try.

Hopefully you or someone out there finds this helpful should your usual spirits be gone from the shelf or you're feeling like trying something new.

All the best to you and your fine family Brother Kent.

Dwayne

Brother Dwayne, week has started well, made inspection this morning and waiting on concrete to arrive.

I haven't seen those brands but admit I buy what's at the grocery on sale.

I saw you mention Canadian club, I remember the old timers drinking that in camps, I admit to drinking some in those guys memory sometimes.

My buddy and I were 15 and up at fish camp in the white mountains. We hunted and fished with some of the biggest farmers/ranchers in the area, some really good old timers.

My buddy, who's still my best friend, and I came back to camp from fishing, they let us take the truck on dirt roads though we didn't have a license yet. We walk into the trailer and there's about 5 men sitting passing around a bottle of Canadian club. A stranger to us was there, he had the bottle and asked if we wanted some with a smile... no sir, thank you sir... he laughed.

We go outside and look at each other... he's a movie star, that's Ben Johnson... and so it was, he was friends with the ranchers, even passed away here in Mesa in a house developed on the farmers former property. He was a very down to earth guy and cool to a couple of young'uns.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Compared to Cognac, all Irish whiskey is delicious! Just saying....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent, Ben Johnson was/is one of my favorite actors. I still like to watch old westerns with Him in them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Try Bushmills Black Bush

Does this stuff have curlys in it? sick

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
That was a scanty basis for such a broad opinion. There are extremely fine Irish whiskeys out there. Redbreast 12 year old pot still or Green Spot might be an education for you.

I like Redbreast so much that I don't put ice in it. smile

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Redbreast 12, Green Spot, and Jameson Black are three of my favorites. Don't mind Proper Twelve. Would love to try a Redbreast 15 but alas it is out of my price range.

NoCAL

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (12344mag, 160user, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,452
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.