Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In the M.V. clip where Jim Zubiena draws so quickly and shoots the guy who has a gun pointed at him, Jim was that fast. I knew him then and he was a Master in the old Southwest Pistol League shooting IPSC in Los Angeles. I sure as hell was not as fast as Jim. Aside from acting, Jim also worked at B&B Gun Sales in North Hollywood. His wife was also a shooter.

Michael Mann was a shooter and attended Jeff Cooper's Gunsite School in Arizona. He was at Gunsite before I attended in April of 1981. I thought M.V. was a pretty good show, although I never pitched any stories to Mann. I knew absolutely nothing about Miami.

Johnson is 71 now.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB4

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
WOW. Loved Miami Vice! It was the most uber cool cop show ever! I have always wondered about the name of and the composer of the final song of the series. A great song and this final episode and scene was the only time I have ever heard it. It is not listed on the credits. Anyone know where to find it? Crocket says to Tubbs when asked where he is going: "somewhere where the water is warm and the drinks are cold". He ends up as Nash Bridges in San Francisco co-staring with Cheech.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
If anyone likes sci-fi he starred in "A Boy and His Dog" back in he mid-70's. Based on a Harlan Ellison story, great movie with a really good ending...

[Linked Image from static.rogerebert.com]

"Benji, I know you're old and sore, but for old time's sake I beg of you, one last time: grab kilo bird, run like the wind, bury when no one's looking and mark spot then play dumb. I'm counting on you, pal!"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wife's step-brother was a CSI in Dade County back during the "Miami Vice" drug period. He said real life it was a blood and guts gruesome time to be a CSI -- babies, kIds, women, elderly, innocent, guilty... didn't matter and it wasn't always via gunplay as typically portrayed on TV and in movies, either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Unless that black guy didn't age a single day, I'd say those were old clips.

Don Johnson still looks great though, he's one cool mofo.

His best work was Kenny Powers dad in East Bound and Down.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I enjoyed the heck out of that series and I also have the entire series on DVD. We played against three softball teams during that timeframe in the Fraser Valley that all had matching mullets! Cracked me up!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
We all dug Miami Vice, but were really envious, 'cause "Houston Vice" was more like watching Blackhawk Down .

I chuckled out loud at that, Pat.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
In the M.V. clip where Jim Zubiena draws so quickly and shoots the guy who has a gun pointed at him, Jim was that fast. I knew him then and he was a Master in the old Southwest Pistol League shooting IPSC in Los Angeles. I sure as hell was not as fast as Jim. Aside from acting, Jim also worked at B&B Gun Sales in North Hollywood. His wife was also a shooter.

Michael Mann was a shooter and attended Jeff Cooper's Gunsite School in Arizona. He was at Gunsite before I attended in April of 1981. I thought M.V. was a pretty good show, although I never pitched any stories to Mann. I knew absolutely nothing about Miami.

Johnson is 71 now.

L.W.

Yes. That clip I posted has a lot of good gun handling going on there. And just blazing fast from concealment. Jeff Coopers Gunsite was THE place to train back in the day.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
OK, that finally clears up something that has always puzzled me since the airing of the final episode. In that episode he is wearing a typical blue T-shirt under his trademark sport coat, but instead of being plain, it is a Kansas Jayhawker college football shirt. In the show, Sonny Crockett is supposed to be a former Florida State football star. I guess since he - Don Johnson, in real life, was originally from somewhere in eastern Kansas, he was wearing that as he was a fan and/or former student of Kansas?

I have also managed to track down the background music in the last episode of the series where Sonny is reminiscing the events of his and Rico's partnership, which was not shown in the credits. It was "Tell Me" by Terry Kath. For years I thought it was probably Ray Charles, but it didn't sound quite like Ray.

Well, it was a great show, but that was a lifetime ago and in many ways an end of an era. I did not know it then, but I now think it was a great time for life in this country. That is, overall speaking. I sure hope a remake is done again with as many of the original cast members as possible. Something for us old geezers to remember and talk about the days of our youth.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was a huge fan of the show and would watch again if it had some of the original cast. I don’t care too much for the remakes where they put in new people as the same characters. An example would be the current Magnum PI or Especially Magiver. Don’t care for that one at all.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Remember Tubbs doing the psychic hotline commercials before they ditched him for Ms Cleo?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Henryseale
OK, that finally clears up something that has always puzzled me since the airing of the final episode. In that episode he is wearing a typical blue T-shirt under his trademark sport coat, but instead of being plain, it is a Kansas Jayhawker college football shirt. In the show, Sonny Crockett is supposed to be a former Florida State football star. I guess since he - Don Johnson, in real life, was originally from somewhere in eastern Kansas, he was wearing that as he was a fan and/or former student of Kansas?

I have also managed to track down the background music in the last episode of the series where Sonny is reminiscing the events of his and Rico's partnership, which was not shown in the credits. It was "Tell Me" by Terry Kath. For years I thought it was probably Ray Charles, but it didn't sound quite like Ray.

Well, it was a great show, but that was a lifetime ago and in many ways an end of an era. I did not know it then, but I now think it was a great time for life in this country. That is, overall speaking. I sure hope a remake is done again with as many of the original cast members as possible. Something for us old geezers to remember and talk about the days of our youth.

Kath was partying at Don Johnson’s house when he shot himself in 1978

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,346
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.