Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I don't have internet friends. My friends are in the real world. 260 posts this year and 258 of them were in the Campfire. You just come here because you don't have a life in the real world. Your username proves it. As far as my "arrogance", that's a laugh.

Hahaha Of course you don't have any internet friends, I'm betting you don't have any in real life either because you are a loser.

You retired law enforcement and worked in a gun shop, OOOOOOOOOOH. Big man. Always talking shiet here.

The reason you don't ever have anyone agreeing with you on here is because you're a DICK. PERIOD. Live with it buttmunch and GFY

You Sir are a laugh.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
15 years ago my wife(then gf) ordered a maltipoo.

He flew from south TX to southern MT.

Longest poo flight recorded at the time.

Still with us, nasty bastard, people are afraid of him.
(he is a great house friend)

Mostly blind and deaf but still navigates like a champ.

Super sniffer, he knows exactly when food is done grilling or cooking!

lol

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/23/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
[
1400 posts insulting people in one year. You're in a class by yourself...that no one else wants to join.

Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
While hanging out at a local winery last year the owners were babysitting their miniature labradoodle. This dog was amazing, very smart and socialable; just a little sweetheart. I would have took her home in a minute.

I'm not home enough to have a dog but when I decide to get one a miniature labradoodle is what I'll be looking at. I will say that if it has a 2k price tag I'll take a pass.

Looks like one dumbazz in particular should learn to read????

#Dumbazz
#Fuggwad

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 02/23/21.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

I don't have internet friends. My friends are in the real world. 260 posts this year and 258 of them were in the Campfire. You just come here because you don't have a life in the real world. Your username proves it. As far as my "arrogance", that's a laugh.

Hahaha Of course you don't have any internet friends, I'm betting you don't have any in real life either because you are a loser.

You retired law enforcement and worked in a gun shop, OOOOOOOOOOH. Big man. Always talking shiet here.

The reason you don't ever have anyone agreeing with you on here is because you're a DICK. PERIOD. Live with it buttmunch and GFY

You Sir are a laugh.

I've never been law enforcement. You must have me confused with someone else. As far as working in a gunshop, yeah I did. I used my knowledge to help many here with NICS and FFl issues.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

You Sir are a laugh.

I've never been law enforcement. You must have me confused with someone else. As far as working in a gunshop, yeah I did. I used my knowledge to help many here with NICS and FFl issues.

LOL, okay Loser.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
We have a goldendoodle
Super smart and non shedding
Supposed to be great hunting dogs too although we have never tried with her.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Here’s mine. He likes to lay at my feet while I’m working on the wood lathe, then goes and lays on the couch and the wife gripes 😂
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photo upload website
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We have three dogs, an old Brittany, a young Bull Arab and a Standard Poodle x Standard Schnauzer. The latter is about the same size as the Brittany, and has a good deal more brains than both of the other two dogs. She's very trainable, and steady, not given to barking, and a really good dog to have around. She also doesn't shed, in very start contrast to the Britt in particular. Of course with these non-shedding qualities you do need to groom them, but a close clip is easy to do and keeps them looking neat and free of burrs and dreadlocks.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you have the means, dogs will typically cost you something like $40,000 over their lifetime, more, possibly much more if you do anything serious with them. Whether you pay $100 for a rescue or $4000 for a purebred puppy with a promising pedigree, the purchase price is only a small part of their total expenses over the 15 to 20 years they might live. I'm not saying that a dog must cost you that much or that you can't have one for less. You don't have to pay for one of the costlier puppies. You don't have to pay for premium food. You don't have to pay for expensive veterinarian services like dental care under general anesthesia or for surgeries. You don't have to pay for a groomer or grooming tools and equipment. You don't have to pay to travel to training seminars or clubs. But the more of your time and your families time that you invest in a dog, and you have the money, the less you will be willing to be stingy and cheap about those things. You won't be able to hold onto your money while the companion you've invested so much of yourself in has a need that can be met with that money. The money will flow in the beginning to give them the best start. The money will flow in the middle to make the most of whatever you do together. The money will flow in the end to give them whatever they need to enjoy those last years because by then you'll owe them that.

I am not going to give you my opinion about doodles or mixed breeds or mutts or pure-bred breeders or the AKC or FCI. The fact is there are scams and scammers among them all. Caveat Emptor. The opinion that I will give is that anyone who will invest as much time and money as I have into a dog would be a fool not to do everything in their power to start with the right dog. I can't tell you what the right dog is for you. What I would suggest is to identify the things you want to do with the dog and the types or breeds of dogs that are well-suited (or selectively bred) for those things. Then, do not look for available pups. That seems like a logical next step but it's a big mistake. Do not go to any breeder or puppy seller who has pups available. They will just be trying to sell out a litter in 8 weeks. Instead, go to the people that are doing something with the dogs. If you want a dog that doesn't do anything, I can't help you. There are training clubs and events for the things that dogs do and the dogs that do them. Of course, they will notice you don't have a dog and will try to help you fix that, but don't let them do that. Become a fixture there for as long as it takes to be absolutely sure what you want and where you will find it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Great with kids, highly intelligent, and never shed. Ever.

They dont drink 8 fingers of cheap bourbon every night, and typically dont have diabetes or size 46 waist, so some guys lash out.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by auk1124
[ the fugger was making a fortune selling beagle pups, never worked a real job a day in his life.

Sure he did.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Doodles...
Had two of them in our obedience class. One night we were doing distance recalls. One doodle was always having issues with staying in place. The lady who owned the dog put the doodle in sit stay and walked to the other end of the training area. She calls her dog on command, the doodle runs up to her and sits in front of her picture perfect. She gives the "finish" command, the doodle gets up and walks to the right of the woman and turns to walk behind her. The dog walks behind the woman, all of a sudden you see a doodle head pop out between the woman's legs. The woman is standing there with a doodle head bearing that stupid grin of theirs sticking out of her crotch. We usually spread dog toys and treats in the area that the dog has to run through, there's a 50/50 change her dog will stop for a snack when doing the recall drills.
The other doodle has the same name as my mutt. Part of the training routine is to line up all of the dogs against a wall in a single file. We all put our dogs in either a sit, down or stand stay and then walk to the other side of the area. We then do recalls individually. I can call her dog off stay just by using a firm voice when I recall my mutt. Doodles... grin

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have a mini goldendoodle and he's a smart little guy. Lots of personality and fun. His sister from the same litter is next door. He's been a great companion for my wife when she was dealing with kidney disease.
His sister is the darker one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
24hrcampfire, where even a dog thread turns into a five page "Call out" thread.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Poodles are very smart and obedient dogs that don't shed. That's what got the doodle designer breeds launched. I am pretty regular at a dog park where there are obviously a lot of the doodle breeds. I have yet to see one that was well trained, obedient, smart and not somewhat aloof and goofy. Can I call that galoof?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find most people buy a dog for looks, often not considering what temperament or traits the dog might have. Others research it and think they have to reinvent the wheel with something exotic or different. I say this because with a good lab I can’t imagine there really being a much better all around dog. I have had 3. The first was dang near human and knew what kind of mood I was in when I walked into the door. That damn dog in some ways knew me more than a person could. He never thought of himself as a dog either. When I die I want that dog with me. The second lab was a bust and didn’t care if you liked him or not. The 3rd has been great, the kids fight over who gets to have him sleep with them. He senses things going on in our family. He is also a pointing lab on birds. Doesn’t really shed after he has gotten older. The kids ride him and do all sorts of crap to him and he just loves it. I have a buddy that tried the wheel reinvention and paid 3 grand for a poodle pointer. Complete azzhat of a dog. Just get a decent lab. The one we have now my dad got for free and gave to me as my Christmas present one year,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cane Corso

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
We got one five years ago. Mostly because they don’t shed, our twin grandsons are allergic. At first I was skeptical, but he is a very good dog, loyal, smart, and happy go lucky. Loves most people and very protective of his. Loves to play fetch, the water and sleep. I think I’ll keep him.
Here he is, 55 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal, Sailor Boy. Named after one of Teddy Rosevelts dogs.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Partsman
i think now i am retired i should breed dogs.

I think you could get charged with animal abuse /perversion for that. smile

And as for not ever shedding, there is a caveat. If bred 50/50 there is a 25% chance any particular one of the litter WILL shed. Simple genetics. A person I met in Kotzebue had a GR/Poodle mix - $5,000 worth - that shed like any GR.

WJ- I think based on 50 years of dogs owning me, that your $40,000 AVERAGE is way out of the park by a factor of nearly 4. An individual one with medical problems, sure.

$1,000 annual average x 12 years for my Labs and Lab mixes is about right. Worth every penny.

I ain't even gonna talk about my wife's first Dachshund. For one thing, I never inquired about the final vet bill for his last 2 months.

If you have to consider the cost of owning a dog responsibly, you probably can't afford one.

Last edited by las; 02/24/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My daughter has two doodles. They are sweet. BTW, she’s a Vet and that was her choice.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.