Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Holy crap BSA. Even have the Miller tucked away under there. Ha.

Western, I did consider building a stand after talking to a buddy about having to beef his up.

BSA's space highlights a lot of interesting points about a good gun space.
Sure he only has a few square feet dedicated to reloading, but he also has 5 or 6 additional work spaces, some with dedicated tools, others where he can swap them out, and lots of storage, some with locks.

The concrete floor is also nice, often you are working with solvents, grinding, sanding, etc. so I prefer a functional floor, and not something too nice for this work space.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Harbor Freight makes a heavy grinder bench for $30. Strong ,mobile and easy to put anywhere. Also one a little larger if needed.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
It’s always way more comfortable 12 months out of the year being in heat or ac.
You don’t need a full blown bench for now to make precision ammo. Look at something like a LEE freestanding
Reloading press stand. You can use your desk when you want to weigh powder charges with your scale, resize cases, and fill cartridges.
Loews or Home Depot should have some some nice looking premise cabinet(s) that you can screw into the wall to store your reloading equipment and components.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I built mine from some plans I found on the internet. My room is 7X10 and I put it on the back wall. I insulated the room good and put a 110 window unit for cooling and use a.milk house heater in the winter. It keeps it comfortable to work. The plans I used makes a very strong bench. The front edge still flexes a little resizing big cases.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Texson2
Harbor Freight makes a heavy grinder bench for $30. Strong ,mobile and easy to put anywhere. Also one a little larger if needed.

This is what I use for the base of my reloading table. Attached to the top I have a 2'x3' top off a computer table. Just make sure the press is lined up with a couple holes in the top of the grinder bench and it works great. Not a lot of room so I have to be by a nearby table or bench to put parts and pieces on until ready for work on the bench. I have a press, trimmer and powder thrower permanently attached and have a scale and concentricity gauge that I move around as necessary. Works pretty slick and does not take up much space. FWIW: I have a big plastic toolbox that holds all the small stuff and get put under the table when not in use.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

S
S
I bought a couple of metal base with a butcher block type top from sams club. I think they’re 6’x2’, and were about $200 or less each. With the price of lumber now, it might be worth looking into. You have to put them together, and it takes 20 minutes. But they’re nice and strong. These are what I got. They cost $210 now. In my opinion I’d rather be out in the shop than in the house. And you can never have enough outlets and storage cabinets or bench space.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/ultra-heavy-duty-workbench/prod1490086?xid=plp_product_4

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scurvy_dog
I bought a couple of metal base with a butcher block type top from sams club. I think they’re 6’x2’, and were about $200 or less each. With the price of lumber now, it might be worth looking into. You have to put them together, and it takes 20 minutes. But they’re nice and strong. These are what I got. They cost $210 now. In my opinion I’d rather be out in the shop than in the house. And you can never have enough outlets and storage cabinets or bench space.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/ultra-heavy-duty-workbench/prod1490086?xid=plp_product_4

I bought one of those 5 years ago. Nice and solid, plenty of work space. They also make a 4 footer for 139.00. For a nice cabinet I bought one of these
https://www.samsclub.com/p/6-drawer...34?xid=cat-_carousel_garage-cabinets_0_9
Rolls under the table for nice compact work area.

Swifty
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd head over to Harbor Freight and see what they have. My youngest recently began handloading and bought his bench there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
I'd head over to Harbor Freight and see what they have. My youngest recently began handloading and bought his bench there.

They have a bunch of shït made in China.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A couple of apartment dwellers that shoot at the range bought the ANYSIZE WORKBENCH KIT from Northern Tool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,946
Posts18,498,979
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.