-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoss---I'm not against calling someone an azzhole, if it needs doin'. I'm also not against heated disputes on what gun designs, or whatever, are better. Blatant assaults on one's character, especially with no facts to back them up, is a different story. You don't even KNOW the man, nor anything of his hunting/shooting abilities, or how many marbles he may or may not retain......

God knows I've said PLENTY of "bad" stuff to guys on here, I just don't feel it has been in the same context......

Hopefully, in the future, you will learn to differentiate between what's cool and what's not......

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I do not find E. to be the type that "talks down" to people, whether he feels he knows more than they or not.....

It seems perceptions differ from person to person.

E. is set in his ways, yes. E. is stubborn, yes. E. quotes J.B. way too frequently, yes. E. pisses me off sometimes, yes.

That said, please show me some examples of statements by E. personally aimed at the denigration of others' character.......

Well, which is it? They�re not the same thing. Talk down to people or denigrate another�s character? No mater really; if you read the LEUPOLD OR ZEISS thread you can find examples of both from E.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep.....a line has been crossed...

I like the old-time hunters, myself. Whether I feel I can out shoot them, or know more about guns than them is irrelevant. If you are smart enough to shut up and listen to them , much can be learned.......

+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why dont you just give this BS up! You guys want to debate E til he ll freezes over. It really was an oportunity for some of you to chill out, instead, you just keep going and going like the bunny. We all understand your points, but does every post in the optics section have to end up this way?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Why dont you just give this BS up! You guys want to debate E til he ll freezes over. It really was an oportunity for some of you to chill out, instead, you just keep going and going like the bunny. We all understand your points, but does every post in the optics section have to end up this way?

You're kidding, right?

This thread is about E.

It's got his name in the title.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Until you chimed in the last post was me agreeing with someone!

SOB, a fella can't win for losing sometimes around here. Why bother being agreeable at all?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys, Guys, Guys.......

Remember, WE'RE the ones that hunt. A lot of them out there not on the campfire don't, and want to stop us.....

Last edited by Kimber7man; 08/03/07. Reason: Edited to say that was targeted at everyone including myself.....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Guys, Guys, Guys.......

Remember, WE'RE the ones that hunt. A lot of them out there not on the campfire don't, and want to stop us.....

OK, I'll try this once again.

+1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You know...

I want to apologize to the rest of the board as not all folks from TX are like "Hoss" or "Dood"....

If they only knew how utterly stupid they act. Hell if I was them I'd never show up to this shin-dig in NM next year, everyone will be laughing....

Just have some self control to ignore E, just like my lack of it replying to you 2....grin....

Last edited by Gmoney; 08/03/07. Reason: spelling

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thank you Gmoney!!! powdr

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Gmoney
You know...

I want to apologize to the rest of the board as not all folks from TX are like "Hoss" or "Dood"....

If they only knew how utterly stupid they act. Hell if I was them I'd never show up to this shin-dig in NM next year, everyone will be laughing....

Just have some self control to ignore E, just like my lack of it replyign to you 2....grin....

Speak for yourself Greg; I don�t need, or want, you to speak for me in any form or fashion, and that includes apologizing to anyone for me. If I feel an apology is warranted I�ll make it.

I�m also fed up with being jumped by the likes of you and the North Slope Cowboys for responding to E in precisely the same manner others have been responding to him for literally years. I�ve asked on numerous occasions of numerous posters what is so different about my posts toward E when compared to others who essentially tell him to stfu before he even gets started. No answers were forthcoming. Perhaps in your wisdom you can enlighten me. When E is right, he�s right and I tell him so. I�ve thanked him for a nice review of the binoculars he did. When he�s wrong, he�s wrong but as of late I haven�t even bothered to post anything � it�s useless.

So, save your pontificating for those who need or want it. I don�t. On the other hand, if you have useful criticism, post it, PM it, whatever.

As far as ignoring me, well, you just blew that one. Besides, I don't remember asking you anything.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm starting to really look forward to the NM trip next year; especially now.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You boys keep up the good fight, I'll just keep the surf and turf going.

Barnes TSX, 223AI, and Leupold scopes don't work.....laffin

[Linked Image]

Course the surf part was a bit less labor intensive

[Linked Image]

Can't wait to pull the crab pots tomorrow. Glad you are all spending your twilight years well..........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's all the same to you, I'd just as soon pull up to your dinner table and argue which is more delicious....the surf or turf!

Then after dinner over drinks we can argue about who's the biggest azzhole, YOU or ME. I say it's ME, you say it's you, hell with enough liquor I'm thinking we could convince each other to see the light!

Looks like a good day Scott, enjoy!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
btw I know, I know..... you already agree with me....I win! (dang it)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That was a good one and I got a chuckle out of it. Just what I need � someone like you who to apologize for me. You have said this before I think but if it makes you feel better go ahead but you are not one of the people on my radar if you know what I mean.

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You are wasting your breath on him---some folks compromise some don�t. You do make an excellent point about being right!!! Incorrect information is just that and in every other facet of our lives are taught to challenge incorrect information. Pose this question --- if �E� was a surgeon would you want him operating on you??? Think about it long and hard.

I have read some of his posts on Binos and agree 100% and then he goes 180 on the scope issues --- tough to figure out.

I will be away most of the day today and tonight as I am cooking for the Chefs this evening and have several places to go. Being a perfectionist, it will not suck as I have been trained but everyone just carry on or better yet start another thread on me and we will see the North Slope Cowboys come out in force yeee haaaw! Why not a thread on culinary excellence in general or maybe the merits of wet aging of beef over the dry aging of beef. Guys have fun.

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 08/04/07.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why dont you jack as s's go find another board. This thread is a classic example why you are a complete ahole, and I doubt any of us would want any of "you" in our camp. Go blow yourself, this bs has gone too far.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Why dont you jack as s's go find another board. This thread is a classic example why you are a complete ahole, and I doubt any of us would want any of "you" in our camp. Go blow yourself, this bs has gone too far.

First, �we� didn�t start this thread.

Second, it was clearly started to be antagonistic and just as clearly, it worked.

Finally, if you are referring to me, you�re being much more personally abusive than I�ve even come close to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frank---It seems that everyone was content in lettin' this one die. Why dig it back up again?

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

440 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,784
Posts18,536,266
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.