Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#15842907 02/27/21
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
They ain't all bad. I just got pulled over for expired tabs,..dude was friendly, courteous and didn't hassle me at all.

I had the tabs, just didn't stick em on yet. Second vehicle, Honda Pilot. He could've given me a ticket but let me off. Cops can be cool, and he was.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah Ive had pretty good luck with them. Course I kinda know how to act and comply, so I dont get shot like some folks!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been stopped plenty of times and only had trouble with one. None of my doing, but he was fired about a year after stopping me, and he needed it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yeah Ive had pretty good luck with them. Course I kinda know how to act and comply, so I dont get shot like some folks!

Yeah there seems to be a common theme in all those shootings.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ya should have reached under the seat, then start yelling and carrying on because you didnt do nuthing

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a former CHP officer I can attest:

Bottom line is a cop is there to enforce the law. If you are breaking the law then be a man and own up. 99% of people know they are breaking the law at the time of the offense. If you are respectful to them they will show the same to you. You get an attitude and the situation naturally escalates.

I have had numerous people talk themselves into a ticket in my day. Pull them over knowing you were going to give a warning and set them free then they start their schiff show and boom, ticket time, then escalates and arrest time. If a cop stops you for breaking the law then the cop has the legal authority & responsibility to control the situation.

I had a few, after writing a ticket they would peal out slinging gravel and peppering me and the cruiser. Boom, arrest time for assaulting an officer and damaging government property. Those were always the fun ones!

If you are confronted by a LEO, remain calm and follow all orders given to you. The LEO's are there to enforce the law. Yeah it sucks, but that is the whole point. Actions have consequences!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Sounds like White Privilege to me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Should be common sense, but if it was most people would have it

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The last 4 times I've been pulled over, speeding twice and expired tags twice, no tickets. Two city cops on tags, One DPS, and one deputy on the speeding.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Laffin my ass off. 🤣

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd far rather deal with a Deputy Sheriff than a State Trooper in this state. Deputies have always be reasonable to deal with ime.
My wifes Grandson, who lived here right up to the day he got his ass tossed in the Clinker, always saw to it that we had numerous visits from them.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Someone must have had "The Talk" with you.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
ya should have reached under the seat, then start yelling and carrying on because you didnt do nuthing

Yeah, and then start screaming, "You slimy pig! You ain't got the guts to try and take me to your stinkin' jail!!"

That'll get you off the hook, right there, right quick. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There was a kindly Hubbard County , Minnesota sheriff's deputy that had some friendly advice on how fast I should drive through Lake George. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

laugh laugh laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MPat70

Bottom line is a cop is there to enforce the law. If you are breaking the law then be a man and own up. 99% of people know they are breaking the law at the time of the offense. If you are respectful to them they will show the same to you. You get an attitude and the situation naturally escalates.

I have had numerous people talk themselves into a ticket in my day. Pull them over knowing you were going to give a warning and set them free then they start their schiff show and boom, ticket time, then escalates and arrest time. If a cop stops you for breaking the law then the cop has the legal authority & responsibility to control the situation.

I pulled a lady cop over for thumping a cigarette butt out at the stop light.

I let her off with a warning about mitigated littering and even let her slide on referring her to the HR over smoking in city govt vehicle.

Lucky for her I was in a good mood that day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by MPat70

I pulled a lady cop over for thumping a cigarette butt out at the stop light.

I let her off with a warning about mitigated littering and even let her slide on referring her to the HR over smoking in city govt vehicle.

Lucky for her I was in a good mood that day.

https://youtu.be/0SoDiZdpqFM

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Leopard Thong Privilege ... laugh

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Some good, some a@@holes. Haven't had a ticket in over 25 years, but I got pulled over a few weeks ago because I didn't come to a stop when I left the gas station and pulled onto the city street. I even know the guy. Our boys were classmate thru school. I'm pretty sure he would be an a@@hole no matter what profession he chose.

G23

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I asked a Sheriff friend once for the straight skivvy on how much you can be driving over the posted limit before you risk getting pulled over.

He said "Rule of thumb: 9 you're fine, 10 you're mine."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (16gage, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.