Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kingston
The current ammo shortage is a symptom of a highly manipulated market. Firearms and ammunition markets suffer at the whims of regulators. There's no denying this. Much of the angst in these threads is a reaction to the fact that these markets are being politicized. Any claim that profiteering in the extremes of these manipulated markets is just capitalism at work, is utter nonsense.

F'in A Cotton.

Your post is probably some sort of trap...but I dont care.

Aint much "free" about this market....or markets.

I am MAGA.
GB4

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Spent all that money on white claws and window tint

laugh

What flavor white claw and what shade of window tint?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Hell, I have a couple of spam cans with 5.45 and I don't even own a 5.45.

Will trade for any other caliber.

Except .270...

Last edited by CashisKing; 03/02/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

laugh

You forgot the Hennessy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Just an observation...

Most folks who say "I'm set for life on ammo" don't shoot.

If you're someone who shoots, the component shortage is painful. The price increase and buying to scalp is a double painful. I don't have a stockpile to sit on, I have a stockpile to shoot.....but I have to replace components and I don't want to stop shooting.

For some of us it's not about being irresponsible or lack of foresight, it's about being limited in how long we can continue to do what we like to do.

Nail on the head.

People like Lil James shoot their mouth. That’s it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just an observation...

Most folks who say "I'm set for life on ammo" don't shoot.

If you're someone who shoots, the component shortage is painful. The price increase and buying to scalp is a double painful. I don't have a stockpile to sit on, I have a stockpile to shoot.....but I have to replace components and I don't want to stop shooting.

For some of us it's not about being irresponsible or lack of foresight, it's about being limited in how long we can continue to do what we like to do.

Exactly....i went from shooting at least 1000 each of 9mm AND 5.56 a month pre-scamdemic to barely shooting much at all. What I do shoot anymore is usually via a 22lr conversion kit out of an AR and my so far super reliable Taurus Tx22. I have 10s of 1000s of 22lr left so not worried about running out of it. I do have a sizeable stash of ammo for each caliber I own, but am trying to use it as sparingly as possible due to difficulties replacing it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Even the dullest student of modern history that likes to shoot would have been somewhat prepared today.

Before I retired I invested aggressively in ammo and semi-auto carbines at wholesale prices. I am far from prescient but every gunstore/range in the country had a poster Of obammy as history's greatest gun salesman{grin]

I dryfire more now and run all pistol and carbine drills at smaller targets that are farther away on the timer.

Shooting an 8" steel off hand at 100 will make you concentrate. Getting a SS 3-9 HD scope w/ a MQ reticle will make you blame yourself for misses past 200 yards.

My 2 highly successful sons are buying 9mm and 5.56 ammo from me at gougers prices and having to endure my guffaws and daily texts saying "I told you so".

#boomersrockandwillshootyouintheeye

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Even the dullest student of modern history that likes to shoot would have been somewhat prepared today.

Before I retired I invested aggressively in ammo and semi-auto carbines at wholesale prices. I am far from prescient but every gunstore/range in the country had a poster Of obammy as history's greatest gun salesman{grin]

I dryfire more now and run all pistol and carbine drills at smaller targets that are farther away on the timer.

Shooting an 8" steel off hand at 100 will make you concentrate. Getting a SS 3-9 HD scope w/ a MQ reticle will make you blame yourself for misses past 200 yards.

My 2 highly successful sons are buying 9mm and 5.56 ammo from me at gougers prices and having to endure my guffaws and daily texts saying "I told you so".

mike r

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Everyone does what they do based on their own particular set of circumstances and perceived needs.

Down grading each other for having or not having does no one any good, and in most cases, the one doing the down grading doesn't have a clue about the circumstances the other person lives with.

Bottom line is that its unfortunate that we are going through, once again, what has become a fairly common situation in a shooter's life. But no one is necessarily right or wrong in terms of having or not having.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Walking Dead is just a TV show. No...really it is.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

mike r

#GetAdoptedByAnyoneButLVMIKER

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Jimmy shot 28 rounds of 6 five queer

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Jimmy shot 28 rounds of 6 five queer

No, just convince everyone that has ammo not to buy any more that way the demand and the problem will go away.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I have 67,000 rounds of 577 Snyder just in case I ever buy one.

To do otherwise is ridiculous.

No 8mm Lebel? Fuggin millenial.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by auk1124

No 8mm Lebel? Fuggin millenial.

How could I have forgotten.....

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing

laugh

What flavor white claw and what shade of window tint?

If it ain't limo, you ain't rollin'

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac84
My irresponsibility is hitting me so hard right now. I really should have stocked up on ammo for the gun I didn't own until a few days ago..... I keep looking in the mirror and asking myself in great shame...."Why wasn't I responsible enough to stockpile ammo for a round I didn't own a gun for?" .....I can only cry and continue shooting 12's while weeping at my 20-less state...... Whoa is me....

Dammit Jay, you shoulda known better

Thats dumber'n hell.

Ain't it though.....

Not to mention irresponsible.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by drover
All is not lost - I had to go to town today and while there I stopped by the Ranch Supply store and picked up a brick of Armscore 22 LR 36 gr HP ammo. I left some for other folks but I also laid in a few more for myself since gophers will be popping up in another month or so.

I have enough 22 LR ammo to last me for at least another 3 or 4 years without cutting myself back from shooting as much and as often as I want (I generally shoot 2 to 3 cases of 22 LR ammo during the course of a year).

So should I have left it on the shelf in hopes that someone who may be out and needs it buys it, or perhaps I should have left it there for guy who is going to buy it to sell on Gunbroker or at the gunshow. For me it is a no-brainer - I bought it because I will shoot it up eventually and not have to complain about being short or not finding any.

Although it was a little higher priced than I have paid for it recently I didn't complain - it has been $24.99 per brick of 50 and this time it was $34.99 per brick, but at least I didn't spend the money on a Red Bull or a latte.

drover

Well, it looks like there was a pricing error on the Armscor, I just looked at my receipt and it was $29.99 per box rather than the shelf price of $34.99. I feel so bad that I will probably take it back tomorrow, even though it will be a 120 mile round-trip drive I feel that it would just be the right thing to do.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm not willing to be inconsiderate of the people that just turned 18 or 21 or even those who just realized they should be armed and skilled with their arms. I also don't resent anyone selling their property for the price of their choosing or what the market will bear at auction. They bought it. It's theirs to do with as they want. People are free to have their opinions too. I would just lament to see freedom in the market constrained by force.

Personally, I reload and I stocked up for 3 to 4 years worth of the components I use at the end of 2019. I've also slowed down my rate of consumption because of some classes and schools being canceled. I have not sold any because I expect to use it all. I am short on small rifle primers. I was not expecting to go through so many, but I am mentoring youth for deer hunting and they went through about 1200 last year. I have about 450 left. I never foresaw shooting deer rifles that much myself. I'd like for them to have more to practice with this summer, but if that doesn't happen, we'll certainly still be hunting. We only get one tag each around these parts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

mike r

lessons for the youth of tomorrow

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.