Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
part it out and sell it on flea-bay.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hot wire it and drive it like you stole it!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go park it in a no parking zone laugh

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sail it.

Dimocraps would chootit.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sail it.

Dimocraps would chootit.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Give it to your MIL.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Drag and leave it beside the road.. let the county/state take care of it and the owner.

Often, if the car is on private property, unless it is stolen, it is the responsibility of the property owner to deal with it.

Public property the county/city will deal with it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WTM45
File a report with local LE.
Do not touch anything.

That!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Race car

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I had a someone dump an old ski boat on my hunting place. Really looks good next the oak tree. We see everything from mattresses, couches, tvs, yard debris/limbs, shingles. I hate it.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Cash for Clunkers!?!?!?!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
Someone left a car on my property. The plates were on it so I figured it had broke down. Now someone stripped the plates and left it unlocked. Took all personal information from glovebox. It’s a late model Ford Fusion. What should/ can I do with it??

It still has a VIN plate. Call LE. As soon as they blow you off drag it into the nearest public street.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scout308
Call Law Enforcement to make sure it's not stolen. If it's not call a tow company of your choice and have it towed away.

They do that for free, right?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My son found out that the owner is responsible for your car even it’s stolen in the state of Washington. His jeep blew a rod and he got it into a parking lot. 12 hour later it was gone. He filed a police report 3 mouths later a Sheriff Deputy shows up and give him paperwork to make him remove it from a farmers field. The next he,the Deputy go to the field and the thing has been stripped and burned . The farmer wants it gone! As my son and Deputy returned to their car my son saw a Jeep hood the same color as his in the barn. The Deputy gets a warrant and they find all the rest of the removed parts. Part of farmer and his sons court deal was my son was paid for his jeep and they had to get rid of it!

Last edited by clintsfolly; 03/03/21.

just for Fun
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by clintsfolly
My son found out that the owner is responsible for your car even it’s stolen in the state of Washington. His jeep blew a rod and he got it into a parking lot. 12 hour later it was gone. He filed a police report 3 mouths later a Sheriff Deputy shows up and give him paperwork to make him remove it from a farmers field. The next he,the Deputy go to the field and the thing has been stripped and burned . The farmer wants it gone! As my son and Deputy returned to their car my son saw a Jeep hood the same color as his in the barn. The Deputy gets a warrant and they find all the rest of the removed parts. Part of farmer and his sons court deal was my son was paid for his jeep and they had to get rid of it!

If that would have been me that farmers barn would have got to warm about 6 months after that was all over.

Last edited by mirage243; 03/03/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Scrapyard would buy it.

not without a title.

When the price of steel is high, that title stuff becomes less important.

Right to the crusher it goes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Toddly
Someone left a car on my property. The plates were on it so I figured it had broke down. Now someone stripped the plates and left it unlocked. Took all personal information from glovebox. It’s a late model Ford Fusion. What should/ can I do with it??

It still has a VIN plate. Call LE. As soon as they blow you off drag it into the nearest public street.

If you don't want it to become more of a problem for you than it already is, this is the only rational thing to do. Only to add, that when you call law enforcement, it would not be a bad idea to already have the vin available. In most state, it's illegal to abandon a vehicle. If you provide them the vin, right over the phone, they can, without going anywhere, determine the last registered owner of the vehicle and go after them. You've got a lot better chance of it being resolved in a timely fashion than if they have to send someone out to investigate.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Before you call LEOs

kill a chicken and sprinkle some blood around on the seats and stuff. Go to the range and pick up some relatively shiny 9mm brass (Not YOURS!) and toss a couple or three on the floorboards. Maybe find a dead critter to put in the trunk for olfactory purposes.

Be careful to not leave any of your prints or DNA around it, other than what might be considered normal for a person finding a vehicle in their yard.

Then call the locals.

Of course, they may rope off a section of your property with crime scene stuff, call out the CSI folks, the news will follow them out there after listening to the scanners.

Maybe that's more attention than you want? But, it would likely get some attention for it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clintsfolly

that was phenomenally stupid on the part of the farmer.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Scout308
Call Law Enforcement to make sure it's not stolen. If it's not call a tow company of your choice and have it towed away.

They do that for free, right?

It's on the owner of the vehicle. I answered many call through the years for the exact same thing. If it had been reported stolen, I did a report and processed it if feasible then notified the owner. If the owner could not show up to retrieve it, I had it towed to our impound. If it wasn't stolen, I told the property owner to have it towed. I never heard anything from the property owners having to pay a tow bill.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 18,983 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,981
Posts18,540,068
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.