-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just get a poodle that is expected to finish at 12 inches or taller.

I really miss ours.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I have a buddy that tried the wheel reinvention and paid 3 grand for a poodle pointer. Complete azzhat of a dog. Just get a decent lab. The one we have now my dad got for free and gave to me as my Christmas present one year,

Poodle-pointer or pudelpointer? There’s a difference. One is a mutt, the other is bred to hunt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
I have a buddy that tried the wheel reinvention and paid 3 grand for a poodle pointer. Complete azzhat of a dog. Just get a decent lab. The one we have now my dad got for free and gave to me as my Christmas present one year,

Poodle-pointer or pudelpointer? There’s a difference. One is a mutt, the other is bred to hunt.

pudelpointer. its an annoying dog, all of the so called uber hunting breeds don't make very good family dogs. just get a freaking lab, trying to reinvent the wheel with dogs never is a good idea.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

pudelpointer. its an annoying dog, all of the so called uber hunting breeds don't make very good family dogs. just get a freaking lab, trying to reinvent the wheel with dogs never is a good idea.

cmon how many pudel pointers have you owned and trained and hunted behind?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have hunted Standard Poodles for over 20 years.They are actually from Germany and were bred as hunters.They are super smart and love to hunt.I have used them on Ducks,Geese,Pheasant and Grouse.I bought mine from a breeder who bred ones known to hunt although I did get one that was not from that same stock and he worked out good also.Some of the most loyal dogs I have hunted with.I did not give them Poodle cuts and most people did not know what they were.They are very athletic and can go all day.Do`nt buy one unless you have time to train and work them.They are high energy dogs and need to be worked.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My wife and I are dog people, always have been, (I am always weary of those who HATE dogs, like deflave)

We have had Goldens and labs, but our two current Golden Doodles are the best dogs we have EVER had.

[Linked Image]

Stella, our 5 YO female, is super sweet pup. Every 2 weeks I meet with a family friend who is a nurse, and we take Stella to the nursing home. (I am not allowed inside). But I drink a coffee outside for an hour and Stella comes out, tail wagging, and she makes a lot of folks happy.

Finn, the darker pup, is 1 YO. He has the best nose of any dog I have ever owned, which is saying something. He already has about 3 dozen sharpies and huns under his belt from ND this year.

Smart as hell, no shedding. Best dogs ever.

Last edited by duck911; 03/02/21.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Close up of the North Dakota Upland bird slayer this year

[Linked Image]

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

S
S
Chicks dig doodles. LOL, they are cute and quirky, exemplified by Sailor.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.