Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by T_Inman
There are always other options...horses (though owning them can be IS even more work in a lot of ways), private land hunts (though they cost more, and don't have the appeal of public land hunts), as well as other options.

If it is even still allowed, when I am too old to pack game out of the big mountains I have no intention of throwing in the towel. I'll figure something out.

I ran into a woman on the trail that does pack trips with llamas, got her card. She said they'd be happy to pack out an elk for me, very reasonable rates. That just got me to thinking I could go in a few more miles if needed........

Those "businesses" seem to be relatively common these days. I know of an old Vietnam vet that sits (or used to a least: I haven't hunted that area for a few years) at a big, main mountain road intersection/camp in the Wyoming Range with his horses and a sign indicating that for $100 and some GPS coordinates, and he'll get an elk out for you. I don't believe he hunts himself, just makes $ doing the dirty work for folks.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There are always other options...horses (though owning them can be IS even more work in a lot of ways), private land hunts (though they cost more, and don't have the appeal of public land hunts), as well as other options.

If it is even still allowed, when I am too old to pack game out of the big mountains I have no intention of throwing in the towel. I'll figure something out.

I ran into a woman on the trail that does pack trips with llamas, got her card. She said they'd be happy to pack out an elk for me, very reasonable rates. That just got me to thinking I could go in a few more miles if needed........

Those "businesses" seem to be relatively common these days. I know of an old Vietnam vet that sits (or used to a least: I haven't hunted that area for a few years) at a big, main mountain road intersection/camp in the Wyoming Range with his horses and a sign indicating that for $100 and some GPS coordinates, and he'll get an elk out for you. I don't believe he hunts himself, just makes $ doing the dirty work for folks.

Man, that’s the kinda fella I need around camp grin

Semper Fi
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
8 pages and not one single case of marching one back to camp at gun point before shooting it.

Oh well, back to pack frames, knives, saws, and boot leather.....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Earlyagain
8 pages and not one single case of marching one back to camp at gun point before shooting it.

I tried it once. When I wasn't looking it gave me a Chuck Norris kick to the nuts and took off.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
mauser that was funny

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I still put in for my elk,deer and antelope tags this year, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I think.

Vince, I can see you doing this until you're 100. You're just too ornery to quit grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Here’s is 100% proof Smokepole is a pathological liar, and wanted to discuss “youngs guys” ONLY.

Below is his original post, where he “specifically stated he didn’t want to discuss animals:

Originally Posted by Smokepole
You experienced elk hunters, how many young guys do you bring with you to pack out your elk?
Can you get away with just one, if he's a hard worker?
Horses, mules, and llamas don't count.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...umber-of-young-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk

Below in the two quotes, you will take notice that he is now attempting to steer the topic away from “young guys” now by discussing animals, which he “specifically” pointed out in his OP “don’t count”. I busted his azz as to what his hidden agenda was really about, and he’s now doing his damned level best now to cover it up, now that I exposed it.

So if/when I need someone with livestock to haul my elk out, I'll happily walk behind and be thankful that I'm still doing it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...g-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk#Post15946895

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...g-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk#Post15947002

You can talk about Sheep hunts all you want smokee, but you exposed yourself as a fraud in 2018 when HESP discussed specifically how the winds act in the mountains, and you contradicted him, which proved right there to any real hunter who has hunted many times in the mountains, including “real elk hunters”, you did not have the first clue, thus proving you are full of crap.

Sure is funny how this past year you failed to write your yearly fictional story about your elk hunting trip. Was that because the last two years I have pointed out the lies in them?

And like I pointed out previously on the forum, you post about your supposedly elk hunting trips in the “Backpacking Forum”, and not the “Elk Hunting” forum, because the true elk hunters here would see what I see, they are BS.

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low. You claim to have 3 and 4 season tents, stove, etc, but you don’t hunt the season requiring them. Gee….sumpin’ just don’t add up, but you sure do brand yourself here as the seasoned pro with your vagueness when giving advice, that any fraud could google to find or from just reading here. Again, your knowledge of "winds in the mountains" busted your azz for me.

Sure is funny how you post pictures of a man on a sheep hunt and holding a trout in his hands in another, but zero pictures on any elk kills with you in them, or pictures of the surrounding scenery when you supposedly go “elk hunting”. As far as everyone here knows, those pictures could be of a dead relative or a friend or who knows, but not you. You see, if “you” are willing to post pictures here of your “supposedly self”, it stands to reason you would post pictures of your supposedly elk hunting stories too, as many years as you’ve been on this site.

I’ll let you get back to your thread about discussing “young guys”.

I just wanted to point the “true facts” out for others who might not have noticed the above evidence, “yet”.

And remember Smokee, there “are” people here who have seen “my” elk kills with me in the pictures, on this site, but you keep putting “elkslayer” in quotation marks with your attempt to discredit me, because it is pure rolling laughter entertainment on this end, and for the people who know I’m real.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
LOL, you crack me up, "elkslayer."

But why did you cherry pick the one positive thing docrocket said about you for your sig. line, why not use it all?

You want me to post it up for you?

Sure, go ahead and post it up, so then I can post how I busted his azz too for cyber stalking me with lies, just like you do.

My sigline has the facts. I just left out the lying part he said, but cyber stalkers like you get off on lying, so it stands to reason that would turn you on to post the lies, just like how discussing "young guys" obviously turns you on, when most elk hunters would most likely being looking at using animals.

Don't forget to pull your pants back up, before walking away from your computer and breaking a hip. I wouldn't want you to die from it. Your lies are very entertaining, as others have pointed out too, like Acesneights.

"He is far from Stupid"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Geez I haven’t even read this stuff. I go elk huntin, kill a elk, bone it out, quarter it, load it with a tractor, yard it out with a quad, throw it on a horse, done all of the aforementioned. Would love to have about (4) Mexicans on call nowadays!! 👍😂😂

Carry on with the cock talk..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

And remember Smokee, there “are” people here who have seen “my” elk kills with me in the pictures, on this site......

Sure there are, name one. I'll be waiting.

And no, you didn't "point out lies" in any account of my hunts, you creepy little stalker. You tried to but that didn't go your way, remember? Do you need me to repeat the facts on that?

Docrocket nailed it, you're just a creepy luttle f*ck who gets off typing stuff on a keyboard that you could never get away with in person. Pathetic, couldn't have said it better myself:

Originally Posted by DocRocket
MM879, I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior..........

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low.

If i'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. First off the muzzleloader season is 9 days long. Second, if you have a muzzleloader tag. You can't buy an OTC tag. They're both A tags and you can only get one of them. Not both.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
MM879, I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior..........

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

And DocRocket paid dearly for cyber stalking me with lies, just like you are paying for it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...protein-design-is-a-failure#Post15942900

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're wasting your time Mauser. "elkslayer" has had a hard-on for me since a few years ago when I (and about a dozen others) told him he was FOS. The creepy little bastard is my own personal stalker, he reads all my posts and looks for anything he can spin into an inconsistency, and then does what he's done here.

Back in October 2018 he studied my posts and figured out where I live (I don't advertise that), figured out where I hunt, and tracked my whereabouts during rifle season. He made a big deal about "catching me in a lie," said I couldn't possibly have been hunting in SW Colorado when I said I was, because it was a six hour drive from where I live (can you say creepy little stalker?) and I was posting on this website. My wife didn't even track my movements that closely, LOL.

The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that? Anyone can look up the thread, when I called him on it and told him I'd be willing to show the receipts from the little place I stayed in if he'd put his money where his mouth was, there was no reply.

But he still brings it up and talks sh*t about how he "caught me in a lie." Unbelievable, the creepy little turd lives in his own little world with his own version of the truth, and nothing you , I, or docrocket says is going to change that.

Edited to add, I got a chuckle when I read "elkslayer's" post above, "docrocket paid dearly." LMAO, docrocket probably hasn't even read your drivel, but he did peg your delusions of grandeur.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low.

If i'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. First off the muzzleloader season is 9 days long. Second, if you have a muzzleloader tag. You can't buy an OTC tag. They're both A tags and you can only get one of them. Not both.

First off, I couldn't remember the exact ML season length, so it really isn't a big deal unless you're a lady who likes to be picky, and actually, with it being even longer, it makes it more laughable for someone to only hunt a few days.

Secondly, you are wrong about the OTC tag. You "can" purchase a leftover OTC "B" tag, for a Cow, if the unit you are going to hunt allows "B" tags. A seasoned elk hunter would plan ahead for all of that, to ensure they can hunt more days if they don't score during the ML season, key being "a real hunter", not a troll on a forum.

Nice try at covering his azz.

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
See what I told you Mauser? You make a simple observation and you're "covering my ass."

I've gotta say though, for a person who claims to be a conservative, "elkslayer" sure does a lot of minding other peoples' business on things like how/where/how long they hunt, whether they got a vaccine, and so on. Reminds me of a nosy old lady.

In case you're wondering, two years ago during hunting season I was breaking firewood and a piece snapped back and caught me in the eye, scratched my cornea pretty good and we had to break camp and go see a doctor. That's what s/he's whining about now. S/he likes to keep track of what other people do and comment on it, it must fill a void.

But hey "elkslayer," how come you didn't name one of those guys who posts here and has seen your elk pics?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

First off, I couldn't remember the exact ML season length, so it really isn't a big deal unless you're a lady who likes to be picky, and actually, with it being even longer, it makes it more laughable for someone to only hunt a few days.

Secondly, you are wrong about the OTC tag. You "can" purchase a leftover OTC "B" tag, for a Cow, if the unit you are going to hunt allows "B" tags. A seasoned elk hunter would plan ahead for all of that, to ensure they can hunt more days if they don't score during the ML season, key being "a real hunter", not a troll on a forum.

Nice try at covering his azz.

You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. It was just a test to see how you'd respond to me. It's about what I expected and i'll just ignore you from now on. Now, you can come back with more insults but I won't see them.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that?

This is all people have to read, to know smokepole is lying through his teeth, and attempting to cover his tracks from the multiples of lies he has told.

His ridiculous lie above is so far out there, it is unimaginable how someone would even attempt it, and I'm sure everyone reading this would agree.

Smokepole claims a dozen people proved I was full of it, yet not one single person in that thread could refute how a 350 yard zero could work under the way I described it, not ONE (1). That thread was were he started stalking me, and has for over three (3) years now, because I humiliated him in it, and like all people who like "young guys" they go ballistic and lose it, when challenged, because they are mentally deranged.

Again, who starts a thread to discuss "YOUNG GUYS" only?

Acesneights said it beautifully, when describing this individuals mental sickness.

If it pleases the court of 24 Hour Campfire, I give you EXHIBIT (A) -

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You can use partial quotes and take statements out of context all you want (typical liberal reaction) but it makes you look stupid. You have become more and more argumentative for no good reason, not just this thread but many of the ones you insert yourself in. I don’t know if loneliness and old age is your excuse but either way you just come across as a washed up old crank that gets off on picking internet arguments because you lack excitement in your elderly life. Keep on keeping on champ....you’re always good for a laugh at your own expense.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hunter-mauled-guide-missing#Post13139320

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. It was just a test to see how you'd respond to me. It's about what I expected and i'll just ignore you from now on. Now, you can come back with more insults but I won't see them.

LMAO, you lied and got caught, and now you're gonna put me on ignore.

ROFLMAO.

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that?

This is all people have to read, to know smokepole is lying through his teeth, and attempting to cover his tracks from the multiples of lies he has told.

His ridiculous lie above is so far out there, it is unimaginable how someone would even attempt it, and I'm sure everyone reading this would agree.

LOL, just saying it's a lie doesn't prove anything you little twerp. Why don't you find that thread and post it up if you want to prove something?

And why don't you name one of those guys who's seen your elk pics?

Still waiting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you lied and got caught, and now you're gonna put me on ignore.

It don't look like THAT at all, to anyone with half a brain. He's ignoring your drivel because you're a pom-puss, blowhard, know-it-all from texas. And that's all the reason a guy needs.....

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (12344mag, 160user, 338rcm, 22kHornet, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,448
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.