-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I retired after 33 years as a Columbus Police Officer in 2018. I was a patrol officer for 7 years, helicopter pilot for 13 years, Narcotics Tactical entry Officer for 6 years, and did the rest as a plain clothes under cover Narc. I miss the people, not the job. I never thought about getting killed. Just did my job. Now is a terrible time to be a LEO. I blame the Obama administration for most of this cop hatred. Officers are so worried about getting arrested now, that they hesitate and don't shoot when they should. This will get many Officers killed I fear.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Ohio7x57, congrats on a good run and getting out clean! I too am able to go as of November 2020. I have 34 years on and I am now looking for civilian job to pass the time until my wife can retire. she has told me flat out that she wants me out of the business as soon as I find a job that i can find some purpose getting out of bed for! I cannot wait to go but still feel like I am cutting and running for the door. The haters ( brave keyboard commandos) on this forum will never be satisfied with what or how we do things. But, they will still get into binds and call us because they cannot and will not be brave enough to go handle their problems on their own! Go figure, in the end they talk it but but don't walk it. The brave little keyboard solders that they are! They are funny to me, modern day paper lions!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cs2blue, I didn't work for a year and a half. I had guys recruiting me for private security and bodyguard stuff, but I'm not interested in that at all. An ex LEO buddy of mine called a little over a year ago and offered me a job driving transplant surgeons around the state a couple days a week. Pretty decent gig for a retired guy who doesn't want full time employment. Stay safe!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Ron, One of fellow Sgt's is also doing just that same job . Part time, until he retires in October.He picks the transplant team and donated organ up at the airport and drives them which ever Hospital the recipient is waiting at. his company pays for anything they need or want, including a high dallor steak dinner! He likes it so far. I too have had a few offers, but I do not want to be do much of anything LE related. I have had enough of that! So I am still looking. I am looking forward to being a civilian again, excited actually! Enjoy yourself in your retirement. You have worked hard for awhile now and now it is time to enjoy that 1/3 of your life that you worked the other 2/3 of your life preparing for!! Be safe and watch your six! Mike

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I am looking forward to being a civilian again, excited actually! !

Unless your were Armed Forces LE , you have always been a civilian as LEO.

- LE officer is a sworn civilian.

- Non-military cops are civilians as they are not subject
to the provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

- Cops get fired just like regular civilians do, they
don't get court-martialed.

- Cops go to prison like regular civilians do, they
don't go to the brig.

- Cops face a jury of peers composed of 12 members
of the general public, just like regular civilians do.

- Cops can leave the civil service at any time and for any reason
just like regular civilians can and do.
Active duty combatants (non-civilians) cannot.

- A civilian under the laws of war is a person who is not
a member of his or her countrys armed forces.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
LMAO, I triggered the starfish into a grand mal typing seizure.

#pilotsRcoolestwhenmovingcoolguySOBs

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another 'round of drinks' for Miker
he's having trouble coping.

Great solution to your problems miker_
deflection, denial and self-medicating
and funniest of all self-incriminating ..lol.

But you all need to recognize what
a great cop Miker is...and the more
he drinks the better he thinks he is.. blush

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn! I carry a 7.62 REPR along in my pickup more for the popo than myself, crazy times getting a lot crazier.

Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn! I carry a 7.62 REPR along in my pickup more for the popo than myself, crazy times getting a lot crazier.

Wtf does that mean?

Damn Gunner you just had WAM cyber draw his service weapon. You’re lucky he didn’t cyber taze you. 😉😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 32 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.