Home
45 law enforcement officers shot, 11 fatally, in first two months of 2021: national police group

https://www.foxnews.com/us/law-enforcement-officers-shot-faally-2021-national-police-group

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
And it’s gonna get worse with the current “administration’s” brazen support for BLM and Antifa.

Watch your 6 out there brave officers !!!
Tell me about it! Everyone is making complaints against us. Today I took a compliant from a guy who received a warning for speeding. A warning! It is a crazy time and I am glad I am at the end of my career but ,I worry for my brothers and sisters who will continue on in my absence.
Shot by who? They generally shoot themselves and each other more than being shot otherwise. Not that blue backers actually care about them.

Being a cop is about as dangerous as they make it. If they keep going as they are it will get more dangerous. Maybe someday they will have to be as brave as those in more dangerous jobs; like garbage men.

And please don't expect them to have the fortitude of a logger. They'd run around swinging a chainsaw at everyone crying that they're scared of the trees.
Damn! I carry a 7.62 REPR along in my pickup more for the popo than myself, crazy times getting a lot crazier.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Shot by who? They generally shoot themselves and each other more than being shot otherwise. Not that blue backers actually care about them.

Being a cop is about as dangerous as they make it. If they keep going as they are it will get more dangerous.

Jesus what a pathetic piece of crap you are. WTF is wrong with you?

Show some stats and some links for your ideas there tough guy. You're nothing but a liberal Pfffag.
Stillhead gettin BALLZY
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Stillhead gettin BALLZY

C'mon Bob, this dickhead has been posting liberal shiet for a LONG time. Tell me you haven't noticed? I'm just pointing to the obvious.

Old Coot is a dickhead too but at least he's on our side. This Fuggggnut is a liberal Biden voter, he deserves no quarter.
Between 45 and 60 officers are killed every year by hostile gunfire. If the trend were to continue, that would be about 66. That would be higher than normal top-end.
Most of the departments and agencies out there express some level of support for BLM.

It doesn’t help.

At all.
Posted By: WAM Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn! I carry a 7.62 REPR along in my pickup more for the popo than myself, crazy times getting a lot crazier.

Wtf does that mean?
If they start confiscating firearms, those numbers might increase...
Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

Means if I happen along and see popo wadded up fighting for his life i'll kill whatever is trying to take his.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Being a cop is about as dangerous as they make it. If they keep going as they are it will get more dangerous.

Show some stats and some links for your ideas there tough guy. You're nothing but a liberal Pfffag.

Hard not to comment on this POS. Just do not wish to encourage degenerates like this.
Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

Means if I happen along and see popo wadded up fighting for his life i'll kill whatever is trying to take his.

G5, many of us assumed that to be the meaning.

mike r
Jackass!

Being a cop is about as dangerous as they make it. If they keep going as they are it will get more dangerous. Maybe someday they will have to be as brave as those in more dangerous jobs; like garbage men.

And please don't expect them to have the fortitude of a logger. They'd run around swinging a chainsaw at everyone crying that they're scared of the trees.
Remember how the left never lets a crisis go to waste? Well, crime is a crisis and they have NO desire to stop it. That's why they bail em out and release em like a turnstile. If the
left wanted crime to stop, they would only have to arrest antifa thugs, but they don't. Crime is a leftist windfall, a gap that gives them political leverage. if crime doesn't happen, they will make it happen. Hard to believe, isn't it? That's how depraved cultural marxists are. The cost is for "the greater good".
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

mike r

LOL, Yes Sir, don't even have to know or like the Copper, simply will not drive past that level of lawless tyranny, never have, never will. smile
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
And it’s gonna get worse with the current “administration’s” brazen support for BLM and Antifa.

All for votes from the lowest elements of our nation.
All pandering to scum for votes......
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

Hard not to comment on this POS. Just do not wish to encourage degenerates like this.

True and thank you, at least someone else gets it.
SH42, I wondered after my first post why I have that pussy on ignore, your quote reminded me of why. smile
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Until they start hanging these fuggers in the village square, it's going to keep on happening.
SH42, I wondered after my first post why I have that pussy on ignore, your quote reminded me of why. smile

Honered to be of service.

Honered to be of service.

grin
We need to have a get together. A meeting of the minds. Can we get 5 LEFT Members to participate?
Originally Posted by BobBrown
We need to have a get together. A meeting of the minds. Can we get 5 LEFT Members to participate?

That's impossible, being 'left' is being 'without' a mind.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Police officer is number 22 of the 25 most dangerous jobs in America.

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states.

The trade I did forever was higher on that list but I never heard anyone whine about it
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Between 45 and 60 officers are killed every year by hostile gunfire. If the trend were to continue, that would be about 66. That would be higher than normal top-end.

The only reason it's that low is because of body armor. In the 1970s that number was in the 120s. Assaults are up but we are surviving because of better tactics and body armor.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Number 22 of the 25 most dangerous jobs in America.

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states.

The trade I did forever was higher on that list but I never heard anyone whine about it

Farming is dangerous to, so is me felling trees with chainsaw and splitting firewood with a maul, but, no one wants to shoot me just for carrying hay to cows on a tractor.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Crossing guard is more dangerous, some poll.

Your post reminds me of the "Texas deer hunter". He tried to save the life of a highway patrolman by shooting the officer's killer. http://archive.gosanangelo.com/news...-deer-hunter-ep-438564104-355498851.html I always pay close attention to every traffic stop I encounter. I've had some dear friends in law-enforcement and know their families would appreciate them living a long full life. If I can help I will.
Originally Posted by Stophel

Yup, just wait till they start Enforcing Biden’s Rule, ya’ll gunna come to the rescue of the LEO getting his ass kicked by a gun owning Patriot, or ya gunna side with the Patriot and the Constitution.

Originally Posted by cs2blue
Tell me about it! Everyone is making complaints against us. Today I took a compliant from a guy who received a warning for speeding. A warning! It is a crazy time and I am glad I am at the end of my career but ,I worry for my brothers and sisters who will continue on in my absence.

It's funny, and I don't know why it is, but it seems like it was always folks who got warnings who wanted to call and bitch. Occasionally, it was someone who got a ticket, but that was largely because one of my guys chewed their rear end AND wrote a ticket. I always told the young guys, you can chew their a$$, OR write them a ticket. You cannot do BOTH.

Your point is well taken though. It is a good time to be retired.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
I hate to see news reports like this - just assuming it is accurate and the number does not include specious deaths not caused by criminals - and t reminds me that i have been a huge supporter of LE and many individual officers throughout my lifetime.

That said, it is becoming more and more difficult to know who is whom and what is actually going on in many LE situations. Politics being played by various chiefs/sheriffs and their minions, politically correct postures rather than straight-up policing the law, standing aside while rioters/looters/burners wreak havoc in some situations, very heavy-handed overhwelming tactics that lead to big mistakes, and the recent data on police deaths in duty has become muddled.

Every LEO I know personally is a great stand-tall person - but it looks like there is a lot of other stuff out there these days. Maybe it's just my failing eyesight?
SMALL town, like couple thousand resident, small towns near us..,,
One a cop was shot in a late night traffic stop by dope addict, lived. Cop shot last week during normal traffic stop and lost his life. His Co-workers made sure the perpetrator died during the ensuing gun battle when his cracker ass was located.

POS governor, black face/baby killer Northam just ended the death penalty in our state so I’m sure we’ll see more of this.
Dope and liberalism are directly to blame. We should kill proponents of both.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

It's funny, and I don't know why it is, but it seems like it was always folks who got warnings who wanted to call and bitch. Occasionally, it was someone who got a ticket, but that was largely because one of my guys chewed their rear end AND wrote a ticket. I always told the young guys, you can chew their a$$, OR write them a ticket. You cannot do BOTH.

you sound like a pretty good student of human nature!
Originally Posted by CCCC

Every LEO I know personally is a great stand-tall person - but it looks like there is a lot of other stuff out there these days. Maybe it's just my failing eyesight?

Maybe it's where you're looking.

Good advice CT, I will pass that along to my son who is in the academy as I speak.

Retired and glad to be , but when I was training the new ones this was always told to them.
Originally Posted by renegade50

All for votes from the lowest elements of our nation.
All pandering to scum for votes......

Aiding and abetting violent thugs, revolving door jails for criminals, buying and pandering for votes, murder, selling us out to the chins, denying free speech and the ability to protect yourself and your own family - "They" can all kiss my white ass. Biden will never be my President and I will never be part of their "unity".
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Maybe it's where you're looking.
Well, no maybe about it - it IS where I am looking - which is far and wide. Not difficult to come across a very wide range of LE behaviors these days just by paying attention to the broad spectrum of events and reports.

Lot of dangerous jobs in America, most of em don't require the local businesses to give em free coffee, donuts and sheit.
Posted By: ribka Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21

I did not know that being a dress wearing transvestite was a dangerous profession. A lot die from AIDS?
Construction power line work is rated due to remote areas. Not many medical workers up on the mountain pass where we were building steel towers and hanging cable.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Got the same advice 23 years ago from my field training officer and I’ve passed it along as well.

Already at #2, but whats the death rate
for Heli-pilots that specifically operate
in DMC zone logging or powerlines.

Most LEO could not make the grade to be
such a prof.pilot , but that's a blessing in
disguise which they should be greatful for
rather than complain about the dangers
of being a cop.

Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Construction power line work is rated due to remote areas. Not many medical workers up on the mountain pass where we were building steel towers and hanging cable.

Nowadays they use a lot of helo support in that industry around where I’m at, so I’d imagine they could get somebody medevaced out pretty quick. But I think that’s a relatively new development and I’m not saying it ain’t dangerous work; I know it is.

The guys that I knew who died in that industry were flying the helicopters.
I haven’t had time to read the thread, so the comments I make are my own, coming from the LEOs I’ve known over the years, and my own experience.
First off, my Dad wasn’t a rich guy by any stretch. But he taught me that honesty and self respect are more important than any dollar or amount of dollars.
As I’ve said, I’ve known some good cops, who served for the community, and I’ve known some who thought being a cop made them extra special. God’s gift to law enforcement.
Usually that was the case with youngsters, who mellowed out with age and became respected by everyone, but some never got over it.
And I’ll say that the younger generation now serving as LEOs did not grow up in the America that us older guys did, and probably don’t have the same feelings of patriotism and love of country that you older folks and I learned.
If I were a cop now, I’d have resigned a long time ago.
It’s as plain as the noose on your face what’s coming. The current LEOs are soon going to decide wether they work for the people who pay their paycheck, or the people who sign their paycheck. The two are becoming mutually exclusive.
If you’re more worried about a pension than you are America and her people, you are not anyone I’d consider a friend, and when, not if, your paycheck and your pension requires you to pose a threat to my person, my family, or my rights given by God Himself, I will do my very best to make you see the error of your ways.
I still recall Capital Police Officers forcing American Veterans away from the WW2 and Korean Monuments under Obama’s shutdown.
If you don’t see the problem there, I got nothing to say to you.
7mm
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21

Who is this steaming pile of excrement?
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

mike r

LOL, Yes Sir, don't even have to know or like the Copper, simply will not drive past that level of lawless tyranny, never have, never will. smile

Gunner Bro,

Didn’t take much for some of us to understand what you meant. And feel the same.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace

Originally Posted by deflave
Most of the departments and agencies out there express some level of support for BLM.

It doesn’t help.

At all.

^^^
People need to ponder this statement deeply to understand what deep s h i t we’re in now in this country politically. Conservatives are a kunnt hair close to losing the whole nation.

The USA has largely become The Land of the Sheep, almost fully indoctrinated by the Left into accepting feminism, phagism, multiculturalism & jism-ism.

The military is PC phugged up too.

I was just going to reply to Mr. D’s comments, but I think you are on the money as well. For DeFlave, I’d say it’s mostly at the higher political levels, but we know how the influence and dept. protocols filter down and impact the rank & file.

The military...I retired in 2004 after 26 years and I’m fuggin shocked at some of the schitt I see and hear from today’s rainbow brigade.

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots because there will be no winners in that exchange, except the left wingers.

Finally Mr. CT, love you understanding of the human nature and you leadership of the green ones.

Prayers to all of my brothers out there. Good time to be retired and I feel your pain when we look back on those still serving in their respective public service careers.
People need to stand up and defend LEOs when they are in trouble...

when I moved here in 1995, I took a shotgun and put myself in harms way to detract a perp who was trying to get the jump on two Oregon State Troopers, to shoot them..
If I hadn't been there, he would have....

I felt like it was the thing to do, but then again, I am a military vet and dependent...it was in my blood...

what bothered me tho, is both troopers came by my house a week later, to thank me.. and when they did, they told me that most people usually stand up to defend troopers when their lives are threatened.. I didn't feel like a hero, but it bothered me greatly that not much of the public would stand up to defend a Trooper or LEO when their lives are put in a threatened situation...

My father in law was a MN state Trooper for 33 years, it was much safer during his career than it is for LEOs in todays world... that is ridiculous...

A trooper would stand up to defend us, so why can't people return the favor???

sometimes, our society sucks....
Originally Posted by kwg020

The only reason it's that low is because of body armor. In the 1970s that number was in the 120s. Assaults are up but we are surviving because of better tactics and body armor.

Very true. I’ve had more uses of force in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 10.
Cops will shoot a homeowner for not putting
his gun down when rightfully defending his
property and family , yet some want the same
citizens to go out of their way to help LE.

Sounds like a cops are more special than anyone
else attitude.

If you notice all of the top 25 most dangerous jobs except for number 22 the leading cause of death or injury is accidental. The leading cause for good ole number 22 is intentional harm by others. That is a HUGE difference
Posted By: 700LH Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by pacecars

If you notice all of the top 25 most dangerous jobs except for number 22 the leading cause of death or injury is accidental. The leading cause for good ole number 22 is intentional harm by others. That is a HUGE difference

Dead is dead, they all chose that occupation

Like gunner and the cows, ya mess with the bull enough, good chance your gonna get the horn.

Then we have the snivelers like Rita. Gawdallmighty, can you imagine someone like that in LE?
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I haven’t had time to read the thread, so the comments I make are my own, coming from the LEOs I’ve known over the years, and my own experience.
First off, my Dad wasn’t a rich guy by any stretch. But he taught me that honesty and self respect are more important than any dollar or amount of dollars.
As I’ve said, I’ve known some good cops, who served for the community, and I’ve known some who thought being a cop made them extra special. God’s gift to law enforcement.
Usually that was the case with youngsters, who mellowed out with age and became respected by everyone, but some never got over it.
And I’ll say that the younger generation now serving as LEOs did not grow up in the America that us older guys did, and probably don’t have the same feelings of patriotism and love of country that you older folks and I learned.
If I were a cop now, I’d have resigned a long time ago.
It’s as plain as the noose on your face what’s coming. The current LEOs are soon going to decide wether they work for the people who pay their paycheck, or the people who sign their paycheck. The two are becoming mutually exclusive.
If you’re more worried about a pension than you are America and her people, you are not anyone I’d consider a friend, and when, not if, your paycheck and your pension requires you to pose a threat to my person, my family, or my rights given by God Himself, I will do my very best to make you see the error of your ways.
I still recall Capital Police Officers forcing American Veterans away from the WW2 and Korean Monuments under Obama’s shutdown.
If you don’t see the problem there, I got nothing to say to you.
7mm

Well written 7mm !
Originally Posted by Akbob5

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots ....

No. The GOOD law enforcement officers would NOT enforce the unconstitutional "laws" and rules and regulations. They would stand WITH serious patriots, not against them. None of this "just doing my job" schidt. Every man has a choice. You choose to be on the right side or the wrong side. Period. If they choose to follow these unconstitutional and grossly immoral laws, then they picked their side...

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots ....

No. The GOOD law enforcement officers would NOT enforce the unconstitutional "laws" and rules and regulations. They would stand WITH serious patriots, not against them. None of this "just doing my job" schidt. Every man has a choice. You choose to be on the right side or the wrong side. Period. If they choose to follow these unconstitutional and grossly immoral laws, then they picked their side...

It goes deeper than that. “They” will have to choose between enforcing, following orders, or looking for a different line of work. And if all of the GOOD cops quit, or get fired, what’s left.
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

7mm

Are you sure about that?

Imagine how bad it's going to get if he sends them out to confiscate lawfully owned firearms from honest, freedom loving citizens? The first couple months of '21 will pale in comparison...

I'll take a tree as a variable over a human any day of the week.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Number 22 of the 25 most dangerous jobs in America.

Farming is dangerous to, so is me felling trees with chainsaw and splitting firewood with a maul, but, no one wants to shoot me just for carrying hay to cows on a tractor.

Yet!
People will only realize what the police does for them when officers quit and they see that there might not be anyone when their home is burglarized or they are being threatened. Until that happens it will only get worse.

Also this:
Our most recent LEO fatalities were 6 years ago, Two of my friends were killed 7 minutes apart by the same suspect same incident. It was a terrible day, I will never forget it. The bad guy was just not willing to give up and comply. He was later killed in a third and final exchange of gunfire. We have alot of support in our county, however the ground swell of the aniti police movement is ever present and growing. A bad trend that is supported by the Whitehouse. AKA Mr. Magoo and his handlers!
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by Boomer454
People will only realize what the police does for them when officers quit and they see that there might not be anyone when their home is burglarized or they are being threatened. Until that happens it will only get worse.

Also this:

That is true on two sides of the coin. Police and the legal system protect bad guys of all levels from street thugs to mayors and governors and see that their rights and safety are looked after. At least in theory, if someone is trying to rob and kill me in my home and I kill them first, without cops in the equation I could bury them in my garden just like I do a bunch of fish guts and that would be the end of it instead of me potentially being in the clutches of the legal system for years at the cost of probably more money than I have.

In another alternative universe, let's say that word got out among the decent citizens of a place like Portland that ALL the Cops were gonna be having coffee and doughnuts during the next BLM/Antifa riot and the citizens were free to defend their homes and business from these animals as they saw fit. The ship would get righted in a hurry.

So yeah, all these abolish the police types on the left haven't thought about what they are really asking for.
law enforcement has managed to make everyone mad at them. The blm and antifa crowd for what they do, and millons of others for the support the cops give to government oppression over mask, social distancing. Many are upset with cops over the lack of zeal to stop riots, keep property from burning, and for not going after the rioters. The same cops that ask for your support are the ones playing toady for the local nazis.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
law enforcement has managed to make everyone mad at them. The blm and antifa crowd for what they do, and millons of others for the support the cops give to government oppression over mask, social distancing. Many are upset with cops over the lack of zeal to stop riots, keep property from burning, and for not going after the rioters. The same cops that ask for your support are the ones playing toady for the local nazis.

Excellent points.

...and it’s only going to get worse when the Biden/McConnell Administration makes their move on firearms legislation.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Yup, just wait till they start Enforcing Biden’s Rule, ya’ll gunna come to the rescue of the LEO getting his ass kicked by a gun owning Patriot, or ya gunna side with the Patriot and the Constitution.

That's not a hard choice to make.
Originally Posted by Seafire
People need to stand up and defend LEOs when they are in trouble...

when I moved here in 1995, I took a shotgun and put myself in harms way to detract a perp who was trying to get the jump on two Oregon State Troopers, to shoot them..
If I hadn't been there, he would have....

I felt like it was the thing to do, but then again, I am a military vet and dependent...it was in my blood...

what bothered me tho, is both troopers came by my house a week later, to thank me.. and when they did, they told me that most people usually stand up to defend troopers when their lives are threatened.. I didn't feel like a hero, but it bothered me greatly that not much of the public would stand up to defend a Trooper or LEO when their lives are put in a threatened situation...

My father in law was a MN state Trooper for 33 years, it was much safer during his career than it is for LEOs in todays world... that is ridiculous...

A trooper would stand up to defend us, so why can't people return the favor???

sometimes, our society sucks....

My neighbor around the corner is a Deputy for the county. We text and chat now and then, mostly about deer hunting. We were talking about deer hunting in person one day when he got a call. I said good bye and to be careful, adding that I often watch for trouble when I drive by a traffic stop, saying that if I ever see him or another LEO in a wrestling match with someone, I intend to try to help the officer. He appreciated that. Seems simple to me that it's the right thing to do.
Reminder, we all have bosses. LEO's have many, including elected government officials, which in those problem cities were run by democrats. In the cities where riots occurred, police where told (ordered) to stand down. Disobeying a direct order unless it is a unlawful order will get me and other LEO's fired. So.... that is how that dynamic plays out. Not to mention ACLU attorneys present at the demonstrations/ riots handing out business cards to any person that was touched by law enforcement offering to represent them in a civil rights suite for free. Again... how would the key board commandos handle that......? How many wrist rocket fired ball bearing strikes would the commandos take before they reacted or left the area looking for their participation trophies! ? I can only image what it must be like to be present to monitor those events and not being permitted to abate the problem. Critics abound, but few really know what their are actually running their suck about. A sad state of affairs.

You're an idiot.

Jim

Spoken like a true clueless dumbass!
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Reminder, we all have bosses. LEO's have many, including elected government officials, which in those problem cities were run by democrats. In the cities where riots occurred, police where told (ordered) to stand down. Disobeying a direct order unless it is a unlawful order will get me and other LEO's fired. So.... that is how that dynamic plays out. Not to mention ACLU attorneys present at the demonstrations/ riots handing out business cards to any person that was touched by law enforcement offering to represent them in a civil rights suite for free. Again... how would the key board commandos handle that......? How many wrist rocket fired ball bearing strikes would the commandos take before they reacted or left the area looking for their participation trophies! ? I can only image what it must be like to be present to monitor those events and not being permitted to abate the problem. Critics abound, but few really know what their are actually running their suck about. A sad state of affairs.

All of that is true. Plus, "the cops" are not homogeneous any more than any other group. Plenty of them are probably commie sympathizers.

That is what makes revolutions complicated. Not everyone in colonial America was for the revolution, there were British loyalists. There were unionists in the South during the war of southern independence. Our time is much more complicated than theirs.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
Yeah but there were 10,000 unarmed innocent criminals shot this year.

not.
Originally Posted by Starman

Already at #2, but whats the death rate
for Heli-pilots that specifically operate
in DMC zone logging or powerlines.

such a prof.pilot , but that's a blessing in
disguise which they should be greatful for
rather than complain about the dangers
of being a cop.

All the PD copter pilots here start out as street cops. I think they get their basic license and then train with experienced LEO pilots. Your statement is bold but I don't think it holds much water.
You're not the only one carrying equipment Gunner500. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/02/21
As the job of law enforcement become less and less appealing due to the politics of today. Look for the bar to be lowered, those with minor criminal records, history of financial problems or emotional immaturity will be hired to fill the uniform.
If you think we have problems now, just wait. The good leo are leaving in droves.
Character cannot be taught at the academy.
Originally Posted by Gojoe
As the job of law enforcement become less and less appealing due to the politics of today. Look for the bar to be lowered, those with minor criminal records, history of financial problems or emotional immaturity will be hired to fill the uniform.
If you think we have problems now, just wait. The good leo are leaving in droves.
Unfortunately, this appears to be a reasonable prediction.
Originally Posted by Gojoe
Unfortunately, this appears to be a reasonable prediction.

Its been happening the past 15 years. Most departments allow some criminal history and a lot of drug usage, very poor credit, lying under oath, failing entrance exams, firearms quals etc to up diversity quotas in agencies

The State Police, it seems, are still maintaining their standards for now
Yes, one LEO from another neighboring department attended the Trump rally at the capital as a citizen. He did not enter the capital and stayed on the lawn until things started going sideways. He promptly left the area and texted a bunch of friends that were concerned about him that he was on the subway traveling away from the that mess. Upon return his department suspended him from working and investigated him for wrong doing. 5 long weeks later he was cleared. We (LEO's) are not even citizens exercising our constitutional rights without the department looking over our shoulder. We are under constant surveillance from our employer and the public. Due to a highly restrictive social media policy many LEO's are subject to monitoring/ and or punishment for any post or comment that could be construed as subversive, anti government, or anti department/ agency.
Originally Posted by smarquez

such a prof.pilot , ..

All the PD copter pilots here start out as street cops. I think they get their basic license and then train with experienced LEO pilots. Your statement is bold but I don't think it holds much water.

That does not change anything about my actual statement.
It's much easier to turn experienced prof. pilots from civil
or mil. into a cop , Than turn cops into competent (appropriately
qualified) Pilots.

Different PDs also have different levels of
prerequisite requirements to be LE pilots.
Those with PPL, CPL, ATP(H) ,IR, PIC time,
hrs in type, etc. don't grow on trees like general
LE applicants do.

Originally Posted by smarquez

such a prof.pilot , ..

That does not change anything about my actual statement.
It's much easier to turn experienced prof. pilots from civil
or mil. into a cop , Than turn cops into competent Pilots.

Different PDs also have different levels of
prerequisite requirements to be LE pilots.
Those with PPL, CPL, ATP(H) ,IR, PIC time,
hrs in type, etc. don't grow on trees like general
LE applicants do.

My dad was both, and he’d agree with you. But, that’s also not a valid comparison. Being a pilot and being a cop have very different skillsets. Like claiming a hammer makes a schitty crochet needle.
Lots of departments and agencies required you be a boot on the ground first because it makes them a far better pilot for LE purposes.

But that’s become a thing of the past more and more. Recruitment numbers in general are poor and are going to get a lot worse.
Being a pilot and being a cop have very different skillsets. Like claiming a hammer makes a schitty crochet needle.

Yes and No.

Cops even have trouble understanding the laws
they enforce on the ground , so I wouldn't want
to put those types in the air requiring them to also
cope with air law regs and cockpit management
demands.

Bottom line ~ its easier to find boneheads
who can be hammers with a gun and badge
and cost the city and taxpayer millions $$$.

Hence, good reason Depts tend to set stds.
so Low intelligence cops dont make it to the
air wing with all the responsibility it entails.
Funny you guys don't think cops are coming for your guns when given the green light from congress. These are the same "heroes " that were arresting gym, salon, and restaurant owners for trying not to go bankrupt during covid.
Yes, one LEO from another neighboring department attended the Trump rally at the capital as a citizen. He did not enter the capital and stayed on the lawn until things started going sideways. He promptly left the area and texted a bunch of friends that were concerned about him that he was on the subway traveling away from the that mess. Upon return his department suspended him from working and investigated him for wrong doing. 5 long weeks later he was cleared. We (LEO's) are not even citizens exercising our constitutional rights without the department looking over our shoulder. We are under constant surveillance from our employer and the public. Due to a highly restrictive social media policy many LEO's are subject to monitoring/ and or punishment for any post or comment that could be construed as subversive, anti government, or anti department/ agency.

Blows my mind that LEO's and their families still post openly on social media using their real names, political movements they belong to, pics of their vehicles, vacations, homes, kids. DA's and AUSA's now review all of your social media before you testify because the first thing defense attorneys do is scour social media. Ive seen cases thrown out before trial because of some innocuous off taste joke on LEO social media. Just use an alias if you go on social media and a VPN. Its going to get a lot worse under China Joe

That was not very smart to take his cell phone with him. People still don't comprehend how social media and cell phones can get you into serious trouble when you're not even breaking any laws.
Being a pilot and being a cop have very different skillsets. Like claiming a hammer makes a schitty crochet needle.

Yes and No.

Cops even have trouble understanding the laws
they enforce on the ground , so I wouldn't want
to put those types in the air requiring them to also
cope with air law regs and cockpit management
demands.

Bottom line is its easier to find boneheads
who c an be hammers with again and badge
and cost the city and taxpayer millions $$$.

starfish always has the real skinny on LEO and SOF , he probably has serious hands on experience.

Some spetacular flying exploits are accomplished daily by LEO. Our local county flies night SAR missions in Red Rock Canyon and the Spring Mountains and all the pilots are LEO w/ serious street time.

mike r
It’s pretty obvious that Stink star failed his entrance exam.

And ASVAB.

And physical.

LOL
Miker _ it's good that you look up to the
skills of capable pilots , unfortunately you
aint a pilot and unfortunately simply
becoming a capable cop doesn't make
one a capable pilot.

The two together is something rarer
than some realize and something really
worth appreciating.
Lots of departments and agencies required you be a boot on the ground first because it makes them a far better pilot for LE purposes.

But that’s become a thing of the past more and more. Recruitment numbers in general are poor and are going to get a lot worse.

This. Conventional wisdom for a number of years was that it was easier to train a cop to fly than the other way around. The trend these days is looking like contract pilots to do the driving and LEO's riding along for the enforcement piece. It's not widespread yet, but it's out there.
It’s pretty obvious that Stink star failed his entrance exam.

And ASVAB.

And physical.

LOL

15 push ups requirement for women would knock him out
skills of capable pilots , unfortunate you
one a capable pilot.

than some realize.

Are you a pilot?
Hiring and retention are the biggest issues now you us. People that can leave the job are going to other jobs or retiring. Our recruiting is way down and we cannot fill academy spots. The classes are getting smaller and smaller. No one wants to suit up and do the job anymore. The military is a better draw then we are.
Hiring and retention are the biggest issues now you us. People that can leave the job are going to other jobs or retiring. Our recruiting is way down and we cannot fill academy spots. The classes are getting smaller and smaller. No one wants to suit up and do the job anymore. The military is a better draw then we are.

Sad, but I can’t say that I blame them. With all the BS they have to put up with from ungrateful citizens, and not being able to enforce laws during BLM & Antifa Riots, I wouldn’t want the job for any amount of money.
Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

mike r

Gunner Bro,

Didn’t take much for some of us to understand what you meant. And feel the same.

Yep. I knew exactly what Gunner meant when I read his post.
How many of y'all wouldn't avenge your daughter's death in this instance?

https://fox4kc.com/news/hannah-fize...nst-pettis-county-deputy-who-killed-her/
one a capable pilot.

worth appreciating.

You phony prique, I have more hours in the pay line than you have in the chow line. Your long time refusal to indicate any sort of real experience has become tiresome, keyboard time isn't relevant.

#frequentpaxnotapilot

mike r
Miker_ types like you who have to post
their CV on a place like the CF is plain
hilarious.

It's so important to you that the CF must
believe you to validate you ...TFF and rather
sad I must say..
btw: did I mention low intelligence cops ?
How many of y'all wouldn't avenge your daughter's death in this instance?

https://fox4kc.com/news/hannah-fize...nst-pettis-county-deputy-who-killed-her/

So you would kill this teacher then ?
We all know star queen is the kind of boy that runs in the opposite direction when someone needs help and been doing so his entire life.

one a capable pilot.

worth appreciating.

You phony prique, I have more hours in the pay line than you have in the chow line. Your long time refusal to indicate any sort of real experience has become tiresome, keyboard time isn't relevant.

#frequentpaxnotapilot

mike r
Cops have the guns, tasers, batton, sprays
cuffs, their buddies and the law in their favor,
and they still want help from a good citizen
passing by?
And it’s gonna get worse with the current “administration’s” brazen support for BLM and Antifa.!!

How is that not treason & tyranny in its highest form? The executive of the U S is supporting enemies domestic & it’s acceptable?
Miker_ types like you who have to post
their CV on a place like the CF is plain
hilarious.

It's so important to you that the CF must
believe you to validate you ...TFF and rather
sad I must say..
btw: did I mention low intelligence cops ?

It is pretty obvious that you have never sat around a campfire w/ a bunch of guys some of whom are vets, a poser becomes obvious after the 2nd round of drinks.

#youalwaysmentionlowintelligencecops

mike r

mike r

coz they are common as ditch water.

And you display the same traits.

a poser becomes obvious after the 2nd round of drinks.

I don't drink, and life is much better not
spending time around such alcohol
dependent types such as yourself.

Like is common with cops , you go around
imagining things, then get upset when I mention
low intelligence cops...go figure.

high_my_name_is_miker_I_beg_you_please_
look_at_my_impressive_CV_to_validate_me.

It doesn’t help.

At all.

Remember when the ideology behind the 90’s directive for most major LEO agencies was *Community Policing*?

In theory, it was supposed to increase officer awareness in his/her beat by building trust and rapport with individuals in high crime areas to show initiative and desire to provide better police interaction.

Hiring practices changed at this time too, with agencies looking for better educated recruits. The thinking was, these recruits would be better at handling street situations using intelligence *problem solving* instead of excessive verbal and physical intimidation.

The problem with it, which took several years to understand it’s fault. New officers came in with wide eyed beliefs they would make a positive difference in people’s lives....After a year of FTO field training, many officers saw the street for what it really was. A place where individuals do some really bad shît, and often.

A lot of new hires weren’t physically and mentally tough enough to do the job that they eventually found themselves neck deep in.

Policy and politics will always be part of affecting a cops field work. Good and bad.

🦫

Posted By: ribka Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/03/21
After Obama stirred the race war schit up after the fake Ferguson "Hands dont Shoot" fiasco there is no way you could put a cop alone walking a beat in a city via community policing. They would just be picked off. Thanks race pimp Obama.

Be another interesting summer, especially after economy starts tanking, unemployment rises and the Murderapolis Angel Floyd trial.

Originally Posted by Beaver10

It doesn’t help.

At all.

Remember when the ideology behind the 90’s directive for most major LEO agencies was *Community Policing*?

In theory, it was supposed to increase officer awareness of his/her beat by building trust and rapport with individuals in high crime areas to show initiative and desire to provide better police interaction.

Hiring practices changed at this time too, with agencies looking for better educated recruits. The thinking was, these recruits would be better at handling street situations using intelligence *problem solving* instead of excessive verbal and physical intimidation.

The problem with it, which took several years to understand it’s fault. New officers came in with wide eyed beliefs they would make a positive difference in people’s lives....After a year of FTO field training, many officers saw the street for what it really was. A place where individuals do some really bad shît, and often.

A lot of new hires weren’t physically and mentally tough enough to do the job that they eventually found themselves neck deep in.

Policy and politics will always be part of affecting a cops field work. Good and bad.

🦫

Originally Posted by ribka
After Obama stirred the race war schit up after the fake Ferguson "Hands dont Shoot" fiasco there is no way you could put a cop alone walking a beat in a city via community policing. They would just be picked off. Thanks race pimp Obama.

Be another interesting summer, especially after economy starts tanking, unemployment rises and the Murderapolis Angel Floyd trial.

It doesn’t help.

At all.

In theory, it was supposed to increase officer awareness of his/her beat by building trust and rapport with individuals in high crime areas to show initiative and desire to provide better police interaction.

🦫

I read that Obama has a podcast where he’s saying reparations must be provided to blacks, because this country was built on the backs of black folks.

It’s gonna get real sporty this summer, indeed.

🦫
Cop = POS.

else attitude.

You are a scum bag. I bet you must have had unfortunate interactions with the police. Were they arresting you for molesting babies or raping boys?

It doesn’t help.

At all.

🦫

I read that Obama has a podcast where he’s saying reparations must be provided to blacks, because this country was built on the backs of black folks.

🦫

Huh. I wonder why the halfrican didn’t do that while he was in office.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

It doesn’t help.

At all.

🦫

🦫

Huh. I wonder why the halfrican didn’t do that while he was in office.

Here’s maybe your answer...

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article249507695.html

🦫

mike r

coz they are common as ditch water.

And you display the same traits.

a poser becomes obvious after the 2nd round of drinks.

I don't drink, and life is much better not
spending time around such alcohol
dependent types.

Like is common with cops , you go around
imagining things, then get upset when I mention
low intelligence cops...go figure.

high_my_name_is_miker_I_beg_you_please_
look_at_my_impressive_CV_to_validate_me.

Your time in AA does not count towards relevance, this would be a perfect time for you to squash my pessimsm about your having any experience in stuff that boys like.

#starfishdon'tsurf...

mike r
Originally Posted by ConradCA

else attitude.

You are a scum bag. I bet you must have had unfortunate interactions with the police.

Should we take it you approve of LE shooting homeowners
who protect their property and family?

"We are from the Gov. and we are here to help you"

"We don't like you helping yourself and we will put
a deadly force Stop to it , but you need to help Leo
when he/she needs it"
Obama has Daddy issues after his marxist father abandoned him when he was a baby, and obviously his mom was a promiscuous whore parading men in and out of tiger house in front of him until the evil responsible cracker grandparents took over. No wonder he is a latent self loathing half black homo

It doesn’t help.

At all.

🦫

🦫
skills of capable pilots , unfortunate you
one a capable pilot.

than some realize.

Are you a pilot?

He's got a lot of hot air, so if he is, I suspect a balloon is involved.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/03/21

Very true. I’ve had more uses of force in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 10.

The bad part is the liberals are trying to take some tools away from us and we have lost some tools from the passed. A good sap was a real friend. But, we have the expandable baton now. You can't hit anyone with it but we got it. We have the tazer. Yep, just don't use it. We had the Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR) Yep, that looks too much like a choke hold so that one is out.

So, we have presence, bare hand offensive tactics and guns. That is a huge gap when you need something more than hands and less than guns. And if the arrestee dies, your fault, his fault no one's fault you get sued and your career is pretty much over. ON a real bad day you are the one in jail. We live in a screwed up country.

kwg

Your time in AA does not count towards relevance..

Interesting you raised the subject of your rounds
of drinks lifestyle then baselessly accuse others
of belonging to AA.

Miker = desperate cop takes desperate measure.

Alcohol ain't going to make your insecurities
go away, neither is showing your CV to the CF.
Your life is mostly done and dusted yet you don't
seem to have gained much if any real fulfilment.
All you display are feeble and petty methods of
deflection and compensation for the disappointing
reality you see your life to be...Which means
you are all out real options and you know it.
Miker doesn't have the mental and emotional
fortitude and sound judgement of those that
are trusted to operate aircraft as professionals,
and we should all appreciate that Miker types
are kept out of their ranks... Somewhere something
went wrong for Miker and he ended up a LE ground
squirrel, who still carries anger and resentment over
his old washed out lofty dreams and ambitions.
_If only he could humbly accept that his more capable
peers rejected him for good reason!.. instead he
takes it personally and will take it to his grave on
a path well lubricated with alcohol.

If anyone cares for Miker please look at his CV
it would mean the world to him...truth be told
with his deluded sense of entitlement he actually
thinks you owe it to him.

yep, And the average brainwashed marxist hates you for the job you do every day

we apparently have a lot of Marxist Obama worshippers like star\queen, who are clueless cowards and have no knowledge of the use of force matrix, on here that hate you for trying to keep order in our society. Don't let the the feckless beta male marxists like star queen and 700Htrannie keep you down

The bad part is the liberals are trying to take some tools away from us and we have lost some tools from the passed. A good sap was a real friend. But, we have the expandable baton now. You can't hit anyone with it but we got it. We have the tazer. Yep, just don't use it. We had the Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR) Yep, that looks too much like a choke hold so that one is out.

So, we have presence, bare hand offensive tactics and guns. That is a huge gap when you need something more than hands and less than guns. And if the arrestee dies, your fault, his fault no one's fault you get sued and your career is pretty much over. ON a real bad day you are the one in jail. We live in a screwed up country.

kwg
Posted By: JDK Re: Open Season on LEO in 2021. - 03/03/21

It doesn’t help.

At all.

Spot on

Our local department does and one of the local Police Chief marched with BLM. This in a 98.4% white state Dumb [bleep].
I retired after 33 years as a Columbus Police Officer in 2018. I was a patrol officer for 7 years, helicopter pilot for 13 years, Narcotics Tactical entry Officer for 6 years, and did the rest as a plain clothes under cover Narc. I miss the people, not the job. I never thought about getting killed. Just did my job. Now is a terrible time to be a LEO. I blame the Obama administration for most of this cop hatred. Officers are so worried about getting arrested now, that they hesitate and don't shoot when they should. This will get many Officers killed I fear.

Ron
Ohio7x57, congrats on a good run and getting out clean! I too am able to go as of November 2020. I have 34 years on and I am now looking for civilian job to pass the time until my wife can retire. she has told me flat out that she wants me out of the business as soon as I find a job that i can find some purpose getting out of bed for! I cannot wait to go but still feel like I am cutting and running for the door. The haters ( brave keyboard commandos) on this forum will never be satisfied with what or how we do things. But, they will still get into binds and call us because they cannot and will not be brave enough to go handle their problems on their own! Go figure, in the end they talk it but but don't walk it. The brave little keyboard solders that they are! They are funny to me, modern day paper lions!
cs2blue, I didn't work for a year and a half. I had guys recruiting me for private security and bodyguard stuff, but I'm not interested in that at all. An ex LEO buddy of mine called a little over a year ago and offered me a job driving transplant surgeons around the state a couple days a week. Pretty decent gig for a retired guy who doesn't want full time employment. Stay safe!

Ron
Ron, One of fellow Sgt's is also doing just that same job . Part time, until he retires in October.He picks the transplant team and donated organ up at the airport and drives them which ever Hospital the recipient is waiting at. his company pays for anything they need or want, including a high dallor steak dinner! He likes it so far. I too have had a few offers, but I do not want to be do much of anything LE related. I have had enough of that! So I am still looking. I am looking forward to being a civilian again, excited actually! Enjoy yourself in your retirement. You have worked hard for awhile now and now it is time to enjoy that 1/3 of your life that you worked the other 2/3 of your life preparing for!! Be safe and watch your six! Mike
I am looking forward to being a civilian again, excited actually! !

Unless your were Armed Forces LE , you have always been a civilian as LEO.

- LE officer is a sworn civilian.

- Non-military cops are civilians as they are not subject
to the provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

- Cops get fired just like regular civilians do, they
don't get court-martialed.

- Cops go to prison like regular civilians do, they
don't go to the brig.

- Cops face a jury of peers composed of 12 members
of the general public, just like regular civilians do.

- Cops can leave the civil service at any time and for any reason
just like regular civilians can and do.
Active duty combatants (non-civilians) cannot.

- A civilian under the laws of war is a person who is not
a member of his or her countrys armed forces.
LMAO, I triggered the starfish into a grand mal typing seizure.

#pilotsRcoolestwhenmovingcoolguySOBs

LOL

mike r
Another 'round of drinks' for Miker
he's having trouble coping.

Great solution to your problems miker_
deflection, denial and self-medicating
and funniest of all self-incriminating ..lol.

But you all need to recognize what
a great cop Miker is...and the more
he drinks the better he thinks he is.. blush

Originally Posted by WAM

Wtf does that mean?

Damn Gunner you just had WAM cyber draw his service weapon. You’re lucky he didn’t cyber taze you. 😉😂
© 24hourcampfire